PS5 Friend activities and feed

soziaLSturmi

31 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Yeah.... I don't get it, it was imo one of the best things the ps4 had on the feed. Was always nice seeing friends and fellow hunters comment under achieved trophies, ask questions like the posts and so much more. I mean maybe the most part of the community doesn't care about the activities feed maybe they do but for me it was a really really important and fun section.

Yup, they even removed it from the PS APP.

2 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I think they will add it again. It was just stupid to not include it from the start. I’m sure this and the new PS store is being complained about a lot so they should make some changes. Lets hope...

The store isnt bothering me that much tbh but yea I know what u mean or why there are complains and I really do hope that Sony will listen this time.

1 hour ago, AK-1138 said:

If they don't reimplement it, you're going to have to change your PSN name 1f625.png

True ? already missing the trophy feed spam that comes from u everyday ? Everything is pretty amazing but without that, I sometimes feel like playing from prison like without a proper connection to the outer world u know 

• Like 4

Personally couldn't give a toss about the feed or communities being gone cause its changed greatly over the last couple years but in a shit way. Both seemed to have turned into a battleground of who can shit out the most stacks of easy plats which doesn't make for a feed or community  worth checking. The very few people I interact with i end up doing so by just messaging them directly. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

I will miss this feature somewhat. It was cool seeing what my friends were up to and what they were earning (most aren’t trophy hunters so it’s interesting to see who buys what regardless and this made it easier overall.)

With that said, as others have mentioned, the thing barely has worked most days. Just the other day it was showing my earned trophies from hours ago repeated about 8 times across what’s new. Refreshing didn’t help and neither did a reboot lol.

So I’m sort of 50/50 on if they should bring it back. I liked seeing the different trophies/ game varieties of friends but when I see my own trophies earned so much it sort of defeats the purpose of the feature.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

They partnered with Discord earlier this year which i am really hopeful that this makes the home screen much more lively. If they integrate Discord well it could be amazing. If it is an app that you have to have open to use then it will be rubbish. If it is built in properly it could be something special

Since the removel of „the feed“ it kinda feels like PS3 again.

If you want to see, what your friends are up to and which platinum trophy they unlocked, you have to go on your friends profile and check his trophy.

I mean after 9 months of the PS5 being out, you kinda get used to it again, but i think it was a feature that improved the experience on the console.

I really hope to see it make a comeback in a form (don‘t think Discord could fill the space for it).

• Like 1

Never bothered with the feed however it's obvious Sony wants to trim the fat anyway. They want their console to be about playing games or using apps. Anything else opens up users to violating the TOS and getting their stupid selves banned. Once users get banned, they then blame Sony and stop being a customer. Less ways to violate the TOS means less people getting banned.

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 0:59 AM, LoveInHell said:

I think they will add it again. It was just stupid to not include it from the start. I’m sure this and the new PS store is being complained about a lot so they should make some changes. Lets hope...

That's kinda sad to read such messages more then a year after...I'm pretty sure they won't add shit anymore, also I don't remember them adding anything ever to PS4, bugfixes at best and cutting stuff usually.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flufius said:

I'm pretty sure they won't add shit anymore, also I don't remember them adding anything ever to PS4, bugfixes at best and cutting stuff usually.

None of this is factually accurate. The PS4 OS updates with the dates they were released and what features they added are easily searchable on the web and even here. It would have taken less effort to find out this isn’t true than it took to navigate to this thread and type out this incorrect take. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, DaivRules said:

None of this is factually accurate. The PS4 OS updates with the dates they were released and what features they added are easily searchable on the web and even here. It would have taken less effort to find out this isn’t true than it took to navigate to this thread and type out this incorrect take. 

My bad, they really were adding some stuff, but still, I meant major features like a new menu item/app. I googled and all of it is just tweaks to existing functionality, except for let's say shareplay and app folders, so I still don't think that feed will be back.

Edited by Flufius