iGGTheEnd and the hunt for Ultra rares.

iGGTheEnd

42 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

This is a cool set up you have here and we have a lot of similar game interests :)

A lot of ones on your radar are in my ever piling backlog. 

I would say that Lover's is an easy one to grab, its rarity is helped by the fact that it was a freebie at one point. 

Ya I heard it was on the easier side it was still UR before it was free but just not as rare as it currently is,  I have just been putting it off for a while because of having to use two controllers and my one controller has drift which I am not sure will effect the difficulty or not.

Good list? here are a few recommendation on a some ultra rare plats.

Under 1%

Binary domain - its a ps3 title and has both a super long & hard MP part. Need a big group and some skill

1-2%

Nom Nom Galaxy - You can plat 95% of it by yourself. But there like 3 trophies for mp. But they can be easily boosted

Birthday the beginning- Easy plat but 1 trophies is dum. And you need have x amount of years played. Which is like 500 real time.

Terraria- 2d minecraft. This will take a lot of time

Agony- Walking sim set in hell.

Super Time Force Ultra- Just a great game. I recommend anyone going for ultra's ?

Escapist 2 - Well its a escapist game. A few MP trophies. But can be boost.

MURAMASA REBIRTH - Its a vita title.

3-4%

Existence archive - JRPG its long. And you'll need a backup the save near the end for different ending. 

Lovers in a dangerous SpaceTime - Its a odd game. But i loved it.

Escapist 1 - Easy escape game

Dead Rising 1 - Only real pain here is the stay alive for 1 week ingame. Which is like 10 hours.

Gal gun double peace - on rail shooter. I write the 1st guide on it. Its over on gamefaq

This a special case. As all ver of this game plat are ultra rare ps3' ps4' vita / gig ver
So if play all the English ver. You could get 9 ultra plats. By replaying this 1 game.

TOKYO TWILIGHT GHOST HUNTERS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Good list? here are a few recommendation on a some ultra rare plats.

Under 1%

Binary domain - its a ps3 title and has both a super long & hard MP part. Need a big group and some skill

1-2%

Nom Nom Galaxy - You can plat 95% of it by yourself. But there like 3 trophies for mp. But they can be easily boosted

Birthday the beginning- Easy plat but 1 trophies is dum. And you need have x amount of years played. Which is like 500 real time.

Terraria- 2d minecraft. This will take a lot of time

Agony- Walking sim set in hell.

Super Time Force Ultra- Just a great game. I recommend anyone going for ultra's ?

Escapist 2 - Well its a escapist game. A few MP trophies. But can be boost.

MURAMASA REBIRTH - Its a vita title.

3-4%

Existence archive - JRPG its long. And you'll need a backup the save near the end for different ending. 

Lovers in a dangerous SpaceTime - Its a odd game. But i loved it.

Escapist 1 - Easy escape game

Dead Rising 1 - Only real pain here is the stay alive for 1 week ingame. Which is like 10 hours.

Gal gun double peace - on rail shooter. I write the 1st guide on it. Its over on gamefaq

This a special case. As all ver of this game plat are ultra rare ps3' ps4' vita / gig ver
So if play all the English ver. You could get 9 ultra plats. By replaying this 1 game.

TOKYO TWILIGHT GHOST HUNTERS

Forgot about the escapists games I have looked at them a few times and they look like fun I will definitely have to add them to my list and hopefully grab them on sale.

Also Nom Nom looks interesting, I also have about 20 days of PS+ left on my second account can it be boosted with 2 consoles or will I need to find someone else to boost with?

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I wish you luck in pursuing your goals. If you want, I can suggest some good games with an ultra rare should you struggle in finding new titles.

Im actually kind of curious how hard is Ollie ollie 2?  Is it like I am Bread and Surgeon simulator where you have short levels that you just play on repeat until you finally get it?  Looks pretty fun honestly just curious how frustrating it is.

42 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya I heard it was on the easier side it was still UR before it was free but just not as rare as it currently is,  I have just been putting it off for a while because of having to use two controllers and my one controller has drift which I am not sure will effect the difficulty or not.

It was not an UR when I earned it, around the 7-9 percent range if I remember correctly. I earned that several years ago now. 

10 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Im actually kind of curious how hard is Ollie ollie 2?  Is it like I am Bread and Surgeon simulator where you have short levels that you just play on repeat until you finally get it?  Looks pretty fun honestly just curious how frustrating it is.

I wouldn’t bother with Surgeon Simulator. The bad controls will make the platinum journey a frustrating one. Getting A++ in all surgeries is something I never want to do again. 

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood is fun, but definitely a challenge. It’s a bit harder than a number of ultra rares you’ve done. You have to learn to pull off tricks on the fly, and be good at doing manuals and revert-manuals as they greatly help your score combo. It will be hard, especially when you get to Titan Sky.

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I wouldn’t bother with Surgeon Simulator. The bad controls will make the platinum journey a frustrating one. Getting A++ in all surgeries is something I never want to do again. 

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood is fun, but definitely a challenge. It’s a bit harder than a number of ultra rares you’ve done. You have to learn to pull off tricks on the fly, and be good at doing manuals and revert-manuals as they greatly help your score combo. It will be hard, especially when you get to Titan Sky.

Luckily I am used to doing the same thing over and over until I finally get it I will probably still go for Surgeon simulator.  Bushidocypher made guides for both that game and I am Bread and he said Surgeon simulator is easier so I have faith I will be able to get it with some patience.  I already have it downloaded on my console just not feeling it at the moment.  I dont have much of a problem with janky controls getting all A++ in I am bread was extremely frustrating as well but once it was done it was very satisfying,

Ollie ollie definitely looks hard from some of the videos ive seen but also seems do-able as well.

45 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Also Nom Nom looks interesting, I also have about 20 days of PS+ left on my second account can it be boosted with 2 consoles or will I need to find someone else to boost with?

If i remember rigth you only need 2 players start the challenge. 

Need to 20 do of them. They change ever 2 days.  Think thats it for online.? if you needed more. I can pop in to add to the count. 

Interesting read. While being pretty averagely skilled myself I like the idea of adding to my UR count. Was thinking about starting Surgeon Sim sometime but I wanna be in the right mindset before I take on a plat that requires patience and this has been a very tough year on me lol.

I harp on about this game a bit too much because it’s the only tough UR plat I have, but (so long as you don’t mind racing games) Trackmania Turbo fits with your interest in lots of short levels that you’ll eventually get through with enough practice. There’s a multilap race for every 5 races you get a gold medal on, but the hardest ones are still only about 5 minutes long in total and it’s mostly just about perfecting the way you do the first lap and then getting through the last two with the muscle memory you’ve gained from playing it over and over. The single lap levels are usually under a minute long. I procrastinated a lot and played other games when I made it to the hardest levels but I definitely would’ve finished months sooner if I’d just stuck with it.

I actually heard of people taking as long as 10 - 15 hours each to beat some tracks in Trackmania Turbo. Certainly more difficult than what Driveclub threw at me. Definitely should of picked the game up on PS Plus, but I guess it's not too late to pick it up now.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I wouldn’t bother with Surgeon Simulator. The bad controls will make the platinum journey a frustrating one.

Wait, surgeon simulator is great, I could probably get platinum on that when I have a spare minute, still need to get A++ on a couple of the later levels.

[edit] Ahh, you mentioned bad controls, perhaps you are talking about the non VR version.

VR version is awesome.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

If you're looking for any AAA ultra rares, I would recommend Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami (1), the Yakuza series is great and there is a ton of content in these games, but requires skills in multiple areas due to the variety of mini games and the Climax battles.

Another game I liked, but haven't gone back to in a while is Monster Slayers, a roguelite deck building game. I was getting prepared for the Legendary playthroughs which are basically hardcore modes of the normal as you can lose your equipped items for that character when you die and a couple other disadvantages (in normal you can save your items).

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

If you're looking for any AAA ultra rares, I would recommend Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami (1), the Yakuza series is great and there is a ton of content in these games, but requires skills in multiple areas due to the variety of mini games and the Climax battles.

Another game I liked, but haven't gone back to in a while is Monster Slayers, a roguelite deck building game. I was getting prepared for the Legendary playthroughs which are basically hardcore modes of the normal as you can lose your equipped items for that character when you die and a couple other disadvantages (in normal you can save your items).

Ya I was working on monster slayers after 20 hours my game started glitching out and automatically clicked on the delete save file which is located in game for some reason and not at the menu.  I had no back up so I was kind of pissed, I tried going back to it but it was just too buggy and annoying.

Also if you enjoyed Monster slayers please go and play Slay the spire right now it's so good.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

Brawlhalla, kinda easy but ridiculously grinding, it's a F2P Smash-like fighting game, really funny. Rarity around 1.8% but it keeps getting more common with time: it also has DLC Trophies, 100% is at 0.04%.

Steep, an online only winter sports game, with several challenges of various difficulties, the Platinum requires skill and it's currently at around 2.7% and it's getting rarer. 100% is at 0.4%.

Portal Knights, a cute RPG, really not hard but it may be tricky to understand how the game works, at the beginning. A couple of Trophies are grinding but not a big deal, Platinum is at 3.4% and 100% at 0.7%, I myself just started the DLC.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

I don't think Invisible, Inc. is hard. The game is very broken due to certain agent + augment + gadget combinations. Once you know what you're doing, it's a 5/10 at best. But it is long.

If you don't mind long platinums, XCOM, XCOM 2, Terraria, The Long Dark, Darkest Dungeon, The Banner Saga (not too long, but it is a trilogy), and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are all fantastic URs. If you don't like long platinums...yeah, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is all I got. <10 hours for the easiest UR out there.

6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I don't think Invisible, Inc. is hard. The game is very broken due to certain agent + augment + gadget combinations. Once you know what you're doing, it's a 5/10 at best. But it is long.

If you don't mind long platinums, XCOM, XCOM 2, Terraria, The Long Dark, Darkest Dungeon, The Banner Saga (not too long, but it is a trilogy), and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are all fantastic URs. If you don't like long platinums...yeah, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is all I got. <10 hours for the easiest UR out there.

Im alright with long.  How long would you say Invisible inc is, it has always interested me but I have always been turned off because of people saying how difficult it is.  I have 2 weeks holiday I am taking soon and a long platinum might be good to keep me busy.

So I’m looking at my own list and if you enjoy platformers, you will like Velocity 2X. It’s hands down my favorite indie platformer that is an ultra rare. The difficulty ramps up in later levels but it sports a very good soundtrack and the game is never unfair. Any mistake you make is your own fault. This is another game that will require good timing and good reflexes. 

Rogue Legacy is another game I recommend, though it’s much more RNG based because the castle layout is different each time. Beating the game in under 15 deaths can be cheesed with cloud saves and USB, but the main issue will be the remix bosses. Lots of practice is needed, but none of the game is unfair and it’s easily doable. 

Out of everything on your list, I Am Bread is the biggest surprise.

Edited by Spaz

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Invisible Inc. is impossible to 100 percent because of DLC trophies being unobtainable, however if you’re willing to play it then by all means do so.

Invisible Inc. doesn't have any DLC trophies.You are mistaking it with indivisible.

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Im alright with long.  How long would you say Invisible inc is, it has always interested me but I have always been turned off because of people saying how difficult it is.  I have 2 weeks holiday I am taking soon and a long platinum might be good to keep me busy.

You can probably platinum it in two weeks (I did it in three). The actual game is fairly short. You just have to beat it several times for the platinum. I'd say maybe 60-80 hours across 6+ playthroughs, with the harder ones just requiring a lot of trial and error. With 99 rewinds, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

It does take a couple playthroughs to master the mechanics, though.

If you're a horror fan I recommend trying White Day: A Labyrinth Named School. Getting all the endings is definitely tedious, but as a whole it is a pretty easy platinum for an ultra rare. In my opinion maybe around a 4 or 5/10 on the difficulty scale. 

As someone else mentioned, Dead Rising 1 is a fun and pretty easy ultra rare.

Dreams is a very easy ultra rare, just grinding to level 30 is very tedious.