No free upgrade?

Lightsp33d1987

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It might be because the ps5 version isn't released yet

This was posted the other day and this doesn't work for me.

Watch Dogs Legion’s Free PS5 Upgrade Is Now Available

A number of users were having issues grabbing the free Watch Dogs Legion update on PS5, but we can now confirm that it should be live for everyone on the PlayStation Store now.

All you need to do is head to Watch Dogs Legion on PS4 in your library, click the three little dots and you should then see the free PS5 version of the game ready for download. It’s about 36GB.

Yeah it’s happening for a lot of people in the uk and eu at the moment for this game and assassin creed Valhalla.

I have seen one work around to try and fix this problem for now if you can’t wait for Ubisoft/Sony to sort it. 
Make a turkey ?? psn account then use that account to get that free upgrade then play on your main account. 

For those struggling, trying endless new things to click makes no difference. If the upgrade is available, you'll see it right there next to the game on the home screen. There is clearly a store error in some SIEE regions. You have to figure they're trying to work it out, but it's new ground for everyone involved.

It didn't upgrade for me in UK but I created a Turkey region PSN account to download the PS5 game and that worked right away (it shows version 1.02 so no idea whether the Oral History trophy is still bugged - it was patched in 1.05 for PS4). If you do this, you can still play and earn trophies on your normal account.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

does upgrades work backward too? i have Miles, Watch Dogs Legion, Black Ops, and was wondering if i can download ps4 versions, after im done with the ps5 end.

Only if you have the digital. You can't go backwards with the disc. For COD specifically, it has to be the $70 cross gen edition as well.