Seal the Deal in November 2020 Beyond Light

Seskinator

The guide for Forsaken with the Beyond Light update is not specific because none of the active seals I have match the ones in the guide. 
Do I have to buy the Forsaken DLC for those specific seals to appear? 
Or can I work on a specific seal requirement to auto pop the trophy once I purchase the Forsaken DLC? 

55 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

The guide for Forsaken with the Beyond Light update is not specific because none of the active seals I have match the ones in the guide. 
Do I have to buy the Forsaken DLC for those specific seals to appear? 
Or can I work on a specific seal requirement to auto pop the trophy once I purchase the Forsaken DLC? 

I would not advise to try and auto pop it (by doing requirements beforehand) because you don't want to end up glitching the trophy somehow. Also, it might not even count your progress.

Beyond Light vaulted many of the seals from the vanilla game, however you should be able to get the trophy without Beyond Light as only a few were vaulted but you MUST have Forsaken DLC.

List (took from a previous thread) of seals that you can earn without Beyond Light:

• Crucible - Unbroken 
  • Gambit - Dredgen 
  • Flawless - Flawless 
  • Conqueror - Conqueror 
  • Shadowkeep - Harbinger 
  • Garden of Salvation - Enlightened  
  • The Dreaming City - Cursebreaker 
  • The Last Wish - Rivensbane 

My advice would be either Dredgen or Cursebreaker. All of them will take a considerable amount of time though.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

3 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I would not advise to try and auto pop it (by doing requirements beforehand) because you don't want to end up glitching the trophy somehow. Also, it might not even count your progress.

Beyond Light vaulted many of the seals from the vanilla game, however you should be able to get the trophy without Beyond Light as only a few were vaulted but you MUST have Forsaken DLC.

List (took from a previous thread) of seals that you can earn without Beyond Light:

• Crucible - Unbroken 
  • Gambit - Dredgen 
  • Flawless - Flawless 
  • Conqueror - Conqueror 
  • Shadowkeep - Harbinger 
  • Garden of Salvation - Enlightened  
  • The Dreaming City - Cursebreaker 
  • The Last Wish - Rivensbane 

My advice would be either Dredgen or Cursebreaker. All of them will take a considerable amount of time though.

Thank you. What's interesting is I can find the Dreaming City seal in the menu list in game, but not the Gambit one for the seal. I feel like I'm not looking in the correct place? 

13 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Thank you. What's interesting is I can find the Dreaming City seal in the menu list in game, but not the Gambit one for the seal. I feel like I'm not looking in the correct place? 

Hmmm, maybe they removed the seal along with the others from vanilla. I haven't checked the interface since Beyond Light patch. They said that seal wouldn't be removed though, you're safe doing Dreaming City however. Overall it'll take 6+ weeks though due to the ascendant challenges. 100% you should get the forsaken dlc before attempting it, wouldn't want to risk any potential glitches.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

3 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I’d agree with this. None of the seals are easy to get. They are all extremely time consuming in one way or another, and will likely take you many weeks, if not months, of effort. If you really like Gambit (and I mean really like) then Dredgen is probably the best choice. Otherwise Cursebreaker (which I have) is the most straightforward.

Note that Cursebreaker requires you to destroy (by shooting them) a large number of eggs that can be found in and around the Dreaming City zone and related content (including the Shattered Throne dungeon and Last Wish raid). All of the eggs can be obtained solo (including the ones in the raid) with the exception of one egg that is found after the third boss in the Last Wish raid so for that one you’ll have to do the raid at least up to that point. In order to shoot the eggs you need the Wish Ender exotic bow which can be obtained via an exotic quest that takes place in the Shattered Throne dungeon. I’d suggest having a friend help with this dungeon as the ogre boss is a pain to kill solo, but relatively easy with at least one other player. Once you have the bow, you can start “collecting” eggs. There’s lots of guides online that will help you find them.

Note also that in order to spawn the eggs in the Last Wish raid you need to use the Wishing Wall (Google it) to enter a code (Google that as well) that will spawn the eggs before you start the raid. If this isn’t done, the eggs won’t spawn and you won’t be able to destroy them. Remember this when you find a group to help you get to the one egg you cannot get solo.

I would suggest you do a bit of research to see what’s involved as most of the seals are fairly difficult to get in one way or another. They’re intentionally designed to require you to spend a lot of time playing the related content, and most are time gated in one way or another, so you shouldn’t expect to get them quickly.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Swotam said:

I’d agree with this. None of the seals are easy to get. They are all extremely time consuming in one way or another, and will likely take you many weeks, if not months, of effort. If you really like Gambit (and I mean really like) then Dredgen is probably the best choice. Otherwise Cursebreaker (which I have) is the most straightforward.

Note that Cursebreaker requires you to destroy (by shooting them) a large number of eggs that can be found in and around the Dreaming City zone and related content (including the Shattered Throne dungeon and Last Wish raid). All of the eggs can be obtained solo (including the ones in the raid) with the exception of one egg that is found after the third boss in the Last Wish raid so for that one you’ll have to do the raid at least up to that point. In order to shoot the eggs you need the Wish Ender exotic bow which can be obtained via an exotic quest that takes place in the Shattered Throne dungeon. I’d suggest having a friend help with this dungeon as the ogre boss is a pain to kill solo, but relatively easy with at least one other player. Once you have the bow, you can start “collecting” eggs. There’s lots of guides online that will help you find them.

Note also that in order to spawn the eggs in the Last Wish raid you need to use the Wishing Wall (Google it) to enter a code (Google that as well) that will spawn the eggs before you start the raid. If this isn’t done, the eggs won’t spawn and you won’t be able to destroy them. Remember this when you find a group to help you get to the one egg you cannot get solo.

I would suggest you do a bit of research to see what’s involved as most of the seals are fairly difficult to get in one way or another. They’re intentionally designed to require you to spend a lot of time playing the related content, and most are time gated in one way or another, so you shouldn’t expect to get them quickly.

55 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Hmmm, maybe they removed the seal along with the others from vanilla. I haven't checked the interface since Beyond Light patch. They said that seal wouldn't be removed though, you're safe doing Dreaming City however. Overall it'll take 6+ weeks though due to the ascendant challenges. 100% you should get the forsaken dlc before attempting it, wouldn't want to risk any potential glitches.

Thank you all for your help and advice. I will definitely pick Dreaming City/Cursebreaker then and buy the DLC before attempting to be safe. 

Happy trophy hunting all! 

23 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

On a different note, let's say I earn all achievements for Forsaken on PC. If I were to sign into my account on PS4, then would the Forsaken trophies pop automatically despite not owning the DLC on PS4? 

1. I believe regarding the auto-popping that it only checks if you should have unlocked them. 

2. I thought a trophy like gambit trophy popped regardless of owning the dlc. 

It worked from PS4 -> PC atleast. 

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

1. I believe regarding the auto-popping that it only checks if you should have unlocked them. 

2. I thought a trophy like gambit trophy popped regardless of owning the dlc. 

It worked from PS4 -> PC atleast. 

Just did a little research and this link confirms that if you unlock DLC achievements/trophies for Forsaken on another platform, they will indeed unlock on a cross save platform that you login into afterwards. https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1126717

18 hours ago, Seskinator said:

Just did a little research and this link confirms that if you unlock DLC achievements/trophies for Forsaken on another platform, they will indeed unlock on a cross save platform that you login into afterwards. https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1126717

Yup. I switch between PC and PS4 all the time and if you unlock a trophy on one it'll pop on the other after you log in. 

• Like 1