PS5 version crashes on startup.

Lightsp33d1987

Anyone else had this problem I got the platinum on PS4 so now I have the free PS5 upgrade installed, When the game starts you hit X then it starts to sign in and right as you see your PSN ID down the bottom right and it logging you in the game crashes every time, I have tried disconnecting Internet and it works I have tried online with another account and it works but I cannot play this online on my account it just crashes before reaching main menu?

5 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone else had this problem I got the platinum on PS4 so now I have the free PS5 upgrade installed, When the game starts you hit X then it starts to sign in and right as you see your PSN ID down the bottom right and it logging you in the game crashes every time, I have tried disconnecting Internet and it works I have tried online with another account and it works but I cannot play this online on my account it just crashes before reaching main menu?

I have the same issue :(

To make matters even worse, i just got an error again while the game was saving

When i restarted the game i got the message that my save data was damaged and had been deleted

i closed the game and decided to download my save from the cloud and because auto sync was on, it was already the damaged data that was synched to the cloud

I have now put auto sync of and will do this manually from now on but the fact remain that i can restart the game for scratch

47 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

When i restarted the game i got the message that my save data was damaged and had been deleted

i closed the game and decided to download my save from the cloud and because auto sync was on, it was already the damaged data that was synched to the cloud

I have now put auto sync of and will do this manually from now on but the fact remain that i can restart the game for scratch

Wow that sucks didn't know it would auto sync saves so quick so think ill disable that as well, I really wanted to play some Dirt 5 again but think ill be waiting a while.

EDIT: How do i actually turn auto sync off?

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

5 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Wow that sucks didn't know it would auto sync saves so quick so think ill disable that as well, I really wanted to play some Dirt 5 again but think ill be waiting a while.

I didn't know it either

The game makes a save and it autosyncs straight away to the cloud

I can't even sync wach dogs and ac valhalla to the pscloud

Just now, mika8276 said:
Edited by mika8276

59 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

EDIT: How do i actually turn auto sync off?

1) go to settings

2) next: settings for save games/data

3) select saved date (ps5)

4) select sync save data

5) click on sync save data automatically

there you can disable it for everything or for selected games only

On 21.11.2020 at 3:25 PM, mika8276 said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

I will wait for a patch before starting again

Edited by AlexRemastered

19 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

this happened on ps3 years ago i believe after the hack. once in a while on some games i cannot start a game unless i start the game offline. and its only my main account. if you have a old main account thats been around since close the beginning it may have something to do with it. i dont know what they did but it messed something up years ago that hasnt been right since. i wouldnt doubt it carried over into the ps5 login process on certain titles. although on ps4 i dont think ive encountered it that i recall

I have the same issue... I have been able to play it by disconnecting from the network... however once disconnecting you cannot reconnect to the dirt 5 servers in game so the rating a playground trophy wont be obtainable until a patch. I also last night got over a million dollars but that trophy still has yet to pop. When I load up on my sons acct he has zero issues, go figure... I remember something similar happening to Just Sing from Ubisoft after a patch... funny how they patch a game for something and break it more lol

• 3 weeks later...

I tried going in with 2 players and it crashes.

I tried starting a new career on an alt account and then once into it having my main join and complete a race. Didn't unlock the 2 career mode trophies sadly.

If I quit out and leave my main on (with full completion) it just locked up.

Can't think of any more potential work arounds other than starting again and after completing the career on ps4 and 5 I ain't doing it again.

Absolute shambles. The CD projekt red of racing games it seems.

I bet they will wait until the next big patch for all formats before fixing it too which is annoying seeing as this version has been broken since day one.

But hey they finally added sound to the intro video at least...baby steps lol

8 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

right now devs are in a bit of a frenzy to release things as fast as possible fixing bugs is secondary to making money. But I imagine a bug as prevasive as that will be fixed within a week. just tell them on social media. or spam the forums.

According to them it is already fixed internally in the next build, just probably waiting on adding more things to the patch.