PS5 version crashes on startup.

Lightsp33d1987

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2020 at 8:41 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone else had this problem I got the platinum on PS4 so now I have the free PS5 upgrade installed, When the game starts you hit X then it starts to sign in and right as you see your PSN ID down the bottom right and it logging you in the game crashes every time, I have tried disconnecting Internet and it works I have tried online with another account and it works but I cannot play this online on my account it just crashes before reaching main menu?

Just bought this on disc (ps5 only) and I have the same issue. Turning off network allows game to run and you can play career, but all online, including playground isn't available.

Edit: now I've read the 80 other posts, I see I'm not alone. I worked out the network off semifix before reading this, and I think it might be a large friends list problem. Maybe over 99 does a 'midnight club' and it crashes? Let's hope another patch comes along. I have filled out the bug form, so let's hope, eh?!

Edited by TheMightyImp2
Additional information
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2021 at 3:46 PM, jackbauer003 said:

Is there any update on when the next patch is coming and if it is going to fix this issue? 

Hey folks, I fixed mine.

I can now go online and get the playground trophies etc.

I had to delete my friends (from over 650) down to until the magic number for me of 399.

Seriously, 399. 400 still didn't work. 

Let me know if you do the same and it fixes it for you. 

One thing of note, when connected to their servers but playing offline career mode, the game is significantly more stuttery than when I couldn't connect. 

If you are getting a lot of juddering on the best graphics mode, turn your network connection off.

Edited by TheMightyImp2

20 hours ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

Hey folks, I fixed mine.

I had to delete my friends (from over 650) down to until the magic number for me of 399.

One thing of note, when connected to their servers but playing offline career mode, the game is significantly more stuttery than when I couldn't connect. 

If you are getting a lot of juddering on the best graphics mode, turn your network connection off.

Will give this a go and see what happens and report back.

Edit: I can confirm this works at 400 it still kept crashing but at 399 it works.

Edited by Lightsp33d1987
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 0:19 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

Hey folks, I fixed mine.

Wow, that is so random haha. Gonna have to try this. I think I'm at 470 friends. 

Edit: Goddamn it actually works. Thanks man. 

Edited by jackbauer003
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 0:31 AM, jackbauer003 said:

Wow, that is so random haha. Gonna have to try this. I think I'm at 470 friends. 

Yes, most odd, and definitely true.

Glad to be of service. Let's hope some more people see this thread

*Fangirl mode on*

Lightsp33d1987 saw my post! (Faints)

Edited by TheMightyImp2

I'm playing on PlayStation 5. Last 2 days every 3 or 4 races game crashes. Everytime i loaded up again and again. I kept playing but last time when the game crashed , my save game is broke. I lost 5 or 6 hours game time. Does anybody have any solution for this problem or am i have to wait patch?

18 hours ago, Nicolae-TR said:

I'm playing on PlayStation 5. Last 2 days every 3 or 4 races game crashes. Everytime i loaded up again and again. I kept playing but last time when the game crashed , my save game is broke. I lost 5 or 6 hours game time. Does anybody have any solution for this problem or am i have to wait patch?

Started happening to me too today. Crashes after every 5 or so races, last one corrupted my save file. Thank fuck I uploaded my save to the cloud earlier, I don’t know why I keep buying Code Master games, there’s always something technically wrong with them. 

14 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Started happening to me too today. Crashes after every 5 or so races, last one corrupted my save file. Thank fuck I uploaded my save to the cloud earlier, I don’t know why I keep buying Code Master games, there’s always something technically wrong with them. 

I would turn off your network connection, unless you really want to do online races. Not that you need to, the only online is playground and rate playground once 

22 minutes ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

I would turn off your network connection, unless you really want to do online races. Not that you need to, the only online is playground and rate playground once 

Is it safe to play offline ? I can't continue right now. I'm worrying about my savegame. If it will happen again i can't do anything. I can't copy my savegame cause i don't have plus thanks to Sony ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 0:04 AM, Nicolae-TR said:

Is it safe to play offline ? I can't continue right now. I'm worrying about my savegame. If it will happen again i can't do anything. I can't copy my savegame cause i don't have plus thanks to Sony ?

I did the while game offline, and then did the online trophies afterwards (once I beat the start up friends list glitch which is apparently now patched)

Offline was fine for me, in fact, once o started playing online (but still single player campaign, if you know what I mean) I noticed the game being weird and glitching. 

• 9 months later...

only have 31 friends and it crash

On 2/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, jackbauer003 said:

is this for on start up like when i try to agree to the terms it crashes? i feel like there a few differ talks going on in the one post and only have 31 friends so unless getting rid of  just one  will fix it ? after the 3rd re still i just did the ps4 version  and it worked fine so something just wrong with ps5 version or my ps5

Edited by kayleew

I'm still suffering from a main menu crash when I try to play with the connection toggled on (offline works fine). And yes, my friends list is way bigger than 400 people, haha. I'm not going to delete hundreds of people just so I can play Dirt 5. This game should work regardless.

Anyone else dealing with the same issue still on PS5?

21 hours ago, kayleew said:

only have 31 friends and it crash

is this for on start up like when i try to agree to the terms it crashes? i feel like there a few differ talks going on in the one post and only have 31 friends so unless getting rid of  just one  will fix it ? after the 3rd re still i just did the ps4 version  and it worked fine so something just wrong with ps5 version or my ps5

Considering you can start the PS4 version it can't be something wrong with your EA account, so potential troubleshooting steps are 1. delete save data and try  2. try with the PS5 in offline mode 3. try starting with a different (guest)account. That at least could point us to what is actually going wrong. If you have Discord, you might want to join the Dirt 5 server. You can also submit a bug report here.