pure white character question

EightBitArtist

2 minutes ago, NaruHina_FTW said:

Character tendency does carry over, iirc you can get it instantly as long as you're pure white

so if i accidentally said no in the beginning, my character tendency is still basically pure white even though it doesnt say it? ive helped 3 people with bosses and killed 5 phantoms and still nothing. although i read if you killed phantoms with bleed or poison/death cloud it wont carry into your PWCT. i might just fuck the plat and move on.

Edited by EightBitArtist

To your OP - I've killed all the NPC Black Phantoms. Old Monk counts as a BP, but only when people have invaded your session, and took control of him. Otherwise, you're not going to PW, from PB. I've tried. I killed Miralda, Scirvir, Selen, Satsuki, and Rydell, still didn't give me a PW tendency. 

And you also cannot drop rings online. I've tried that as well. If you said no to the monumental, then you cannot get the ring until NG+. 

You cannot say no to the monumental and get the ally ring that playthrough. You must say yes, and you have until killing your last demon to answer it and achieve PWCT otherwise you need to do it in NG+

Basically if you don't want to put in 'extra work' on pure white character tendency do not invade and kill players, and certainly do not become the old monk and kill the player.

I made a new character to follow the guide walkthrough. Played offline the whole way, said yes to monk. Followed every step in order and... i can't get pure white character. Killing all BPs wasn't enough to shift all the way from black. I've helped at least 10 person killing a boss and my icon is kinda close to pure white but i'm not sure i can achieve it.

2 hours ago, Shorah- said:

I made a new character to follow the guide walkthrough. Played offline the whole way, said yes to monk. Followed every step in order and... i can't get pure white character. Killing all BPs wasn't enough to shift all the way from black. I've helped at least 10 person killing a boss and my icon is kinda close to pure white but i'm not sure i can achieve it.

Killing the 5 BP's is enough to go from neutral to Pure White. If you're at Pure Black you need to kill the 5 BP's twice. I don't know what guide you're talking about but it's always recommended to go for Pure White first, when talking about both World and Character Tendency.

Helping someone kill a boss does nothing for your tendency. Killing an invader however does change your tendency towards white. I can invade you and let you kill me if you still need it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Doomsounder said:

Killing the 5 BP's is enough to go from neutral to Pure White. If you're at Pure Black you need to kill the 5 BP's twice. I don't know what guide you're talking about but it's always recommended to go for Pure White first, when talking about both World and Character Tendency.

Helping someone kill a boss does nothing for your tendency. Killing an invader however does change your tendency towards white. I can invade you and let you kill me if you still need it.

I was talking about the guide here.

I followed every step so yeah i'm surprised i couldn't get PWCT. But it seems i'm not the only one struggling with PWCT.

As you say, i went for PWWT first, did all "events", then PBWT to kill all BPs and farming gold coin + pure bladestone. 

And for some reason it wasn't enough.

The only event i didn't do was PWWT 5-3 kill BP Garl but according to wikis, it should have any effect on character tendency.

Obviously i did zero online invasion or whatsoever.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shorah- said:

I was talking about the guide here.

I followed every step so yeah i'm surprised i couldn't get PWCT. But it seems i'm not the only one struggling with PWCT.

As you say, i went for PWWT first, did all "events", then PBWT to kill all BPs and farming gold coin + pure bladestone. 

And for some reason it wasn't enough.

The only event i didn't do was PWWT 5-3 kill BP Garl but according to wikis, it should have any effect on character tendency.

Obviously i did zero online invasion or whatsoever.

Yeah that's odd. No idea then. I've done like 7 playthroughs by now and I haven't struggled to get PWCT. You do know you have to land the killing blow on the BP's so their death counts towards your CT right? If they die to poison/plague or fall to their death you CT won't change.

My character tendency only seemed to go whiter when I killed with a sword rather than used magic. To be safe, try doing all your BP PBWT kills using melee weapons only. I suggest making a backup save file before fighting them in case they fall to their death since that doesn't count either (had this issue with Scirvir because he rolled off the ledge).

19 hours ago, Doomsounder said:

You do know you have to land the killing blow on the BP's so their death counts towards your CT right? If they die to poison/plague or fall to their death you CT won't change.

yeah i did another run and this time no problem. I feel like one of the 5 didn't register properly. I don't think Selen in 5-2 can be get poisoned by the swamp but if she is, that might be what happened.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:50 AM, xh117 said:

My character tendency only seemed to go whiter when I killed with a sword rather than used magic. To be safe, try doing all your BP PBWT kills using melee weapons only. I suggest making a backup save file before fighting them in case they fall to their death since that doesn't count either (had this issue with Scirvir because he rolled off the ledge).

certain ways of killing wont count. bleeding, poison, death cloud, etc... youll get the kill and the souls and the weapon, but the character tendency wont go whiter. its dumb.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 11:47 PM, EightBitArtist said:

i killed all the phantoms and am still not pure white. i read online if you answer NO to that question in the beginning, itll mess with it. can I still get PWCT by helping others fight demons or am i screwed this run?

or can someone just give me a fuckin friends ring lol

Killing a specific NPC in each world will count towards your character tendency. You have 5 NPC to kill each playthrough + (( OLD MONK BOSS ONLINE )). So, 6 chances to rise your character tendency to pure white each playthrough. I went from pure black to pure white character tendency after playing the whole game until NG+2.

hope this help.

I killed all 5 black phantoms but I did invade once as the monk for his head wrapper thing. I did not kill the player with the invade cause he died to the last black phantom on te stairs. I however don't have full white character tendency right now so just a heads up for other people.