DLC: any way to fix this, or did I just screw myself

Flex_Da_Brent

Hey everyone it seems like I have a problem with accessing my DLC. So I bought a physical copy of the main game at my local game shop a while ago and now that I'm playing (and enjoying) it I decided I wanted to get the DLC as well so I picked that up from the store which you can access from within the game itself. I dowloaded and installed it afterwards but now when I select new game, the DLC isn't there where it should be.

Did I forget something? I know regions play a role in this but I assumed that if I went to the store from within the game itself it's just the same as going to the store regularly so I don't see how my regions wouldn't match all of a sudden, especially since I've done this succesfully with other games in the past.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Nope, if the store is one region it won't change just because you went into it from the game. If you want that DLC you have to get a copy of the same region as your store. I've had this problem too before and I had to buy a second region matching copy of the game.

9 hours ago, Weskerfan75 said:

Nope, if the store is one region it won't change just because you went into it from the game. If you want that DLC you have to get a copy of the same region as your store. I've had this problem too before and I had to buy a second region matching copy of the game.

Well I checked the regions just now and they should both be EU so I don't think that's the issue , maybe I the issue is I'm trying to combine a physical copy with a digitally bought DLC? even though I've done that already in the past with AC 2 DLC, weird

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

What dlc did you exactly buy?

DLC Items you purchased wont show in your inventory, you still need to go to the first store and buy them out at 0 Cost.

16 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

What dlc did you exactly buy?

DLC Items you purchased wont show in your inventory, you still need to go to the first store and buy them out at 0 Cost.

I bought the 'severed' DLC from the EU ps store, the regions should match since the physical copy is region EU/UK as well, but I've seen some forum post stating that the DLC still might not be compatible within EU region itself and mentioned this:

"Compare the code on the disc to the code in the URL on the store page of the DLC you purchased."

I'm not sure where to find and how to check these codes though, especially since PS3 has no webstore anymore...

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

EU/UK can be entirely different.

Germany got its own seperate version.

While at the time EU/UK were one and the same, the region listings for games could be completely seperate.

Have you got a UK PEGI rated version of one and a German USK rated one for the other?

So let's say you bought the German disc, but you bought the DLC on an account that was anything other than the German store. You wouldn't see the DLC because you've used a German disc and a different store for the DLC.

53 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

EU/UK can be entirely different.

Germany got its own seperate version.

While at the time EU/UK were one and the same, the region listings for games could be completely seperate.

Have you got a UK PEGI rated version of one and a German USK rated one for the other?

So let's say you bought the German disc, but you bought the DLC on an account that was anything other than the German store. You wouldn't see the DLC because you've used a German disc and a different store for the DLC.

I got the UK version and I bought the DLC from the Belgian PS store but normally those are compatible since that has worked before with dark souls and Assassins' creed 2 DLC, maybe it's game specific then? Oh well it's not that bad if it doesn't work, just feel a bit ripped off at the moment since this sort of compatibility issue is something they really should be able to prevent from happening in the first place. I'll try to get a refund on either of these things and if not then so be it, lesson learned.

Thanks for all the help though!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent