Can i pop trophies playing ps4 games on ps5?

Sarsky

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yes you can get ps4 trophies on the ps5 and only a handful of games so far are having issues

Is there a forumn of games where ps4 trophies are having issues i can check? I was worried it might not support ps4 trophies or well at all.

some people have had issues popping ps4 trophies on ps5. specifically a guy met the requirements for a trophy, and it popped, but the trophy pop didn't actually register on his trophy list until he loaded the same bit of the game on a ps4 and met requirements again.

when sony said 90% of ps4 games work on ps5 they meant 90% of games loaded the title screen, noone checked trophy pops. ms have less issues with BC because every xbox runs windows and ms is a software company, compatibility is their forte. but sony whilst they have got better over the years, don't focus on cross compatibility as much as, just making it work.

38 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

some people have had issues popping ps4 trophies on ps5. specifically a guy met the requirements for a trophy, and it popped, but the trophy pop didn't actually register on his trophy list until he loaded the same bit of the game on a ps4 and met requirements again.

when sony said 90% of ps4 games work on ps5 they meant 90% of games loaded the title screen, noone checked trophy pops. ms have less issues with BC because every xbox runs windows and ms is a software company, compatibility is their forte. but sony whilst they have got better over the years, don't focus on cross compatibility as much as, just making it work.

That's a lie, I've played bc games on Xbox One and had achievements not pop. There are multiple threads on trueachievements of gamers complaining about bc games not popping achievements when they are meant to. So your statement is very inaccurate. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sarsky said:

And are there any issues since i have tons of ps4 games i need to platinum, i stil have ps4 but i unplugged it.

So I played Tooth and tail on my PS5 one trophy in particular popped but wouldn't show up so I popped it on PS4 and it worked instantly.  

It happened again later on but I didn't want to play the level again but eventually it synced up.  

So what is happening with the PS5 is the trophies aren't syncing to servers right away but they eventually will so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Other than that they are popping at the correct times in game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

So I played Tooth and tail on my PS5 one trophy in particular popped but wouldn't show up so I popped it on PS4 and it worked instantly.  

It happened again later on but I didn't want to play the level again but eventually it synced up.  

So what is happening with the PS5 is the trophies aren't syncing to servers right away but they eventually will so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Other than that they are popping at the correct times in game.

Ok so it will eventually syc? Ill bare in mind ill stick ps4 till this is fixed so no issues here

11 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

That's a lie, I've played bc games on Xbox One and had achievements not pop. There are multiple threads on trueachievements of gamers complaining about bc games not popping achievements when they are meant to. So your statement is very inaccurate. 

i managed to finish gears 3 and dead space trilogy on 1x with no issue, forza horizon too, can't remember all the ones i played but the ones that did have ubontainables was more down to the devs then MS but, you're probably right there was allot of issues in new games for me, so i probably didn't play enough bc titles.