Disc version runs at 60fps on PlayStation 5.

Eraezr

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up trying the game (digital) on PS5.

Although it runs at 30 fps it looks and feels really smooth.

It was embarrassing watching this game dragging on the PS4. But on new console it's actually rather enjoyable and charming.

It's a vastly different experience.

Dunno if I'm just imagining things, but I could swear Trico's AI is also a lot more responsive on the new hardware. Could it be associated with processing power?

27 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Ended up trying the game (digital) on PS5.

Although it runs at 30 fps it looks and feels really smooth.

It was embarrassing watching this game dragging on the PS4. But on new console it's actually rather enjoyable and charming.

It's a vastly different experience.

Dunno if I'm just imagining things, but I could swear Trico's AI is also a lot more responsive on the new hardware. Could it be associated with processing power?

responsivity would mainly be down to frame rate. so you neglect to download the patch and it runs at a flawless 60 fps? sounds good. I did try going for the trophies, and one trophy where i had to balance barrels on top of one another drained my soul for a while before i decided to shelve it and play it later

• 8 months later...

I just finished the Platinum for ICO (PS3) and SotC (PS4). Being able to finish the Platinum trilogy with The Last Guardian at a smooth 4k60 is wonderful.

I played this game on release on PS4 Pro and I remember enjoying it but being so frustrated with the framerate. Now that's no longer an issue I can actually enjoy the game as it was intended

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a tip, even though the game runs smoothly in 60 fps, it was clearly not developed with that framerate in mind, so it will break the game sometimes and will crash it making it impossible to keep going as it will always crash in the same part, so u will need to update the game to the 30fps cap again, go trough that part and then, if u want, reinstall everything to have the 60 fps unlocked again

• Like 3