Dead Ops Arcade 3 PS5 Crashing

Is anybody else experiencing crashing during dead ops arcade?

90% percent of the time when I'm on the way to the room of fate after round 4, my PS5 crashes. The system just shuts down and after a few minutes, I am able to turn it back on, with a "repairing console storage" type message. Also, I've noticed that it usually only happens when I'm in first-person mode. It is really disheartening, especially when I'm getting amazing RNG.

I'm just wondering if it's an issue with my PS5 or an issue with COD itself. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, xTROPHY_LEGENDx said:

Its with Cold War only man and not only in the arcade also in zombies and multiplayer 

Well, at least it's not a problem with my PS5. Hopefully, they will patch soon. The only other place I've had a crash is during regular zombies when I tried to host a private match. 

Also, to anyone having the same issue as me: I deleted and reinstalled the game, and then rebuilt my database. I have not had any problems since then.

8 hours ago, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Had the same issue. But mainly in the wild only.

Same. For me, it was only in the first area of the wild.

6 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Yeah this is just cold war in general, generally have this at least once a day if I'm playing several hours and it happens in every mode. Its a shame because the game is actually fun so i want to keep playing but it feels like im risking my console over it. 

I know right?! The game is really good, especially zombies imo

Yea. I've had my PS5 shut off 3 or 4 times now in the past 24 hours from dead ops arcade, always in the wild or fate areas.

It's basically black ops 4 all over again. Treyarch are proving that they are incapable of releasing a working game on release. Nothing but sheer disappointment and utter frustration to have it crash on round 60 in dead ops arcade in the wild, and that was with the host on ps4. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, timenoe said:

Well...my game crashed again THE SECOND I dropped into the wild after round 60...I've never been so disappointed in a game.

I think it's time I put this game aside until this nonsense is patched.

i know dude right, my group got to 63 and boom crashed 

• Like 1

So far I've gotten to round 60 three times and every time it crashes. I really don't want to give up trying though. This seems impossible solo as the PS5 crashes. I wonder if any of the current PS5 achievers did it solo.

I'll update back when I get it, or a patch is made.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

My PS5 turns off almost every time I climb the volcano in the Wild. It's really annoying and at this point, I may need to wait for a patch.

8 minutes ago, jakD_710 said:

Just got to the wild on round 60 with my mates. Got about halfway through it and game crashed. I also think im just gonna wait till they patch it. Just exhausted at this point 

Agreed. I just got two more crashes and I'm honestly done with it now. Hopefully it's patched soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timenoe said:

Agreed. I just got two more crashes and I'm honestly done with it now. Hopefully it's patched soon. 

i know right, my group finally got to boss and crashed, i think think my group is waiting for the patch for it

im now actually gonna wait for a patch. decided to do another solo run. Got to the wilds on round 60 again. as i killed the skeleton boss my game crashed. Now its not a problem of trying to get to the end. its just a matter of when will this get patched. good luck to anyone who is going for this. Fingers crossed your games don't crash

Edited by jakD_710
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jakD_710 said:

im now actually gonna wait for a patch. decided to do another solo run. Got to the wilds on round 60 again. as i killed the skeleton boss my game crashed. Now its not a problem of trying to get to the end. its just a matter of when will this get patched. good luck to anyone who is going for this. Fingers crossed your games don't crash

That's the exact time it crashed for me a second time! After I killed that skeleton giant boss, and about to walk into the gate, it crashes. PAIN...

The good thing is though, I've basically become a master at the game as you said. Now us solo players basically just have to wait. 

I had a few crashes as you described, one in the wild while in 3rd person - shut off console / repaired storage (only time that happened)

One crash randomly mid round ~12

Otherwise had one crash in the main menu while honestly just playing with sliders

And several crashes particularly on the Redlight, Greenlight story mission at various times

One crash on the first mission, rooftops chase part.

I managed to get all the campaign trophies so far, but the chance of glitching out and crashing on high rounds while trying DOA3 is really not motivational...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I had a few crashes as you described, one in the wild while in 3rd person - shut off console / repaired storage (only time that happened)

One crash randomly mid round ~12

Otherwise had one crash in the main menu while honestly just playing with sliders

And several crashes particularly on the Redlight, Greenlight story mission at various times

One crash on the first mission, rooftops chase part.

I managed to get all the campaign trophies so far, but the chance of glitching out and crashing on high rounds while trying DOA3 is really not motivational...

I highly recommend waiting for a patch. The disappointment of spending 3.5 hours getting to a high round, only to get a crash, is just not worth it. It's a different level of disappointment at that point lol, especially when it's very difficult to get there in the first place.

Its only crashing in the wilds so IF you are in the wilds do not leave and rejoin the session for example this would let the PS5 of the host crash, also do not go into PS5 menus OR do not pause for too long. Other than that nothing really happened to me after figuring out that these are the triggers for a crash

3 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Its only crashing in the wilds so IF you are in the wilds do not leave and rejoin the session for example this would let the PS5 of the host crash, also do not go into PS5 menus OR do not pause for too long. Other than that nothing really happened to me after figuring out that these are the triggers for a crash

Those weren't the triggers for me sadly. It just happens at random points in the wild. No real way to prevent it.