Not worth the money

20 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

bruhhh, the story was no where near as good or as emotional as the OG

Completely disagree, but everyone can have their own opinion, haha. And I actually re-platted the original (no autopop from old saves) - I love the OG. I think MM is better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why exactly but I don't enjoy Insomniac games in the same joy I found from the PS2-PS3 era. Ever since the Ratchet & Clank soft reboot, their products have felt overly sandpapered for me.

Don't get me wrong, these games are still all right...but after the Parker face change something tipped over to me finally not vibing with their creative initiative.

Edited by Eraezr

I've only played for a little bit since I wanted to play demon souls first, but I do think €60 here in The Netherlands is kinda expensive. I do however think that the €75 edition with the Spiderman remasterd is worth the extra 15 euro's. The standard version is a bit too expensive for my taste. 

I love the first spiderman game and have completed it 3 times and I'm gonna do a 4th run with the remaster so I did not hesitate buying Miles Morales. I can however agree that this game feels a bit overpriced, but I also can't help but feel that the only reason people consider this overpriced is because of the new price tag on games. The gap between a full priced game and a "smaller" game is still the same. If this was released on ps4 only it would have been €40 - €45. Now it is €60 compared to the €75 euro of other launch games. I am not okay with the new price tag on some of these games, take a FIFA/NBA 2K/Any sports game cause these are just reskins with a few minor adjustments. These games are hardly worth 60 and nevermind the new 75 price. A completely new build up game like a cyberpunk or a new GTA are worth more to me because there is way more work going in. I see the game length as an argument for this game, but Sack Boy a big adventure has about the same game length for the platinum as miles morales. Would you say that is worth 75 for a 25 hour game? Or is that okay cause they build an entire new game? 

I've gotta say that as time has gone on, I would much rather pay £50 for a well-paced shorter 20-hour game where the gameplay and missions are more condensed and focused. I never really felt like anything in this game was 'filler' content (aside from the New Game+ trophy). The random crimes had just enough variety to keep them a fun distraction but not overstaying their welcome as there were only like 10 of them if memories serve correctly.

There was also only a handful of collectibles and outposts all of which provided some interesting story or lore to the game and after completing/collecting each one the payoff for information was immediate with each one which is considerably more favorable than say..something like Assassin's Creed II where you have to collect 100 feathers and the pay-off is some 10-second cut-scene at the end.

The maps weren't so big that I had to spend 40% of the game just getting to a destination. The sidequests had good enough writing and variety that I was still interested in doing them.

Honestly, a huge plus for me with this game was that it wasn't filled with like 30 sidequest and 20 outposts to liberate/clear-out. I got to experience everything Miles Morales had to offer and I didn't have to burn myself out to do so.

I understand that there are those who aren't in the same predicament but for someone that works and has a full-time job. 

Paying £50 for an enjoyable game that respects my time (aside from that stupid New Game+ trophy) is so much more appealing than any open world that comes my way these days.

Gets to a point where I'd rather pay money to have a better experience rather than a longer one. That's not to say all long open-world games are bad, games such as Witcher III, Yakuza, Dragons Quest, Watchdogs are all games I had a great time with but I do feel that a lot of games suffer nowadays because people equate a price tag with the length of the game.

• Like 2

Even though Sony made it clear that it wasn't a full game, they had the audacity to charge $50. This felt like a $20 expansion, not a separate title. And it wasn't even just the length of the game that was the issue. It barely had any enemy variety or factions, the only noteworthy villains we got were the Tinkerer and Rhino, and if I'm being honest those are probably the weakest options they could choose to use from the Spider-man universe.

The story was not bad, but it felt very forced and I couldn't stand how nice/understanding, or whatever you want to call it, Miles acted the whole game towards 

Spoiler

the Tinkerer. She's literally out ther punching him repeatedly multiple times and threatening him and the city. Even Peter was never this understanding to villains he had a relationship with.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 9:04 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

thats what I've been saying, it's a expansion, an expanded dlc it's 40 at absolute most, and it's a complete piss take. just a desperate money grab because microsoft has more and their rampant capitalism has pissed MS off enough to just buy bethesda lol.

it's this generations' the order 1886 only, obviously a bit longer and a fair bit better.

all I can say is if you live in the UK boomerang is your friend, thank me later. (unless you absolutely must own every game you play yourself)

What the actual hell? How is this like Order 1886? It's not a desperate money grab because something like that stupid The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game is. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 2:51 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Even though Sony made it clear that it wasn't a full game, they had the audacity to charge $50. This felt like a $20 expansion, not a separate title. And it wasn't even just the length of the game that was the issue. It barely had any enemy variety or factions, the only noteworthy villains we got were the Tinkerer and Rhino, and if I'm being honest those are probably the weakest options they could choose to use from the Spider-man universe.

The story was not bad, but it felt very forced and I couldn't stand how nice/understanding, or whatever you want to call it, Miles acted the whole game towards 

Reveal hidden contents

the Tinkerer. She's literally out ther punching him repeatedly multiple times and threatening him and the city. Even Peter was never this understanding to villains he had a relationship with.

Exactly my thoughts about this game. Even though the 100% completition was way more fun than the previous game, it felt really cheap and with lack of content, glad I finished it and sold it without losing any money. 

On 12/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Hide contents

Right I mean peter never not once tried to help/ cure or talk an enemy out of being bad( the lizard) or had romantic interest and entanglement (black cat) our outright helped the bad guy(original black cat Felicia's father), or worked alongside the enemy(doctor octopus) or was litterally the "enemy" venom. No not once has peter been super understanding or had feelings for or cared about his enemies lol. U might wanna look into the lore Abit cause peter is 1 of the bleeding hearts of marvel lol along with captain america and the like

The gameplay is fine and all, but I do have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed - which is mostly due to how weak I found the story to be, and how uninspiring, forced and underdeveloped the characters and their relationships are. Much of it felt like a rethread of the previous game. I actually found the side missions to be more engaging, even if they were brief and shallow - there was at least a fresher side to them. 

• Like 1

I’ll get this game eventually. But I’m rather stocked up on open world games for now. Putting another one on my backlog will just push back other games I plan to play and enjoy. 

When I get more games done and Miles Morales gets a big discount, I will pick it up.

• Like 1

I played the OG directly before MM since I got them both with PS5 and I must agree that MM was significantly shorter and less exciting than the original. The stories were equally as interesting, but you could tell that they slacked off on MM. The content was lacking imo

On 11/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, PacManKel said:

This game is being sold in the UK for £50-£60 and I finished it in 21 hrs, and when I say finish that includes the story, new game plus and earning the platinum. There is no way this game should be priced so high when it is a glorified DLC. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed the story but I feel ripped off a bit.

Well, I platinumed Spiderman 2018 + all 3 DLCs in about 30-35 hours and that one costed about 60€ + 10 € every DLC, 90 € total, so Miles Morales doesn't seem that bad. I'm not gonna buy it until next year though, I don't usually buy games until they're on sale.

• 3 months later...

I agree that it's not worth the MSRP. Although with the savings you can get by waiting and buying a physical copy on ebay then it's worth it. This goes for all games. I usually average between $30 to $40 a title. I paid $35 USD shipped for a like new copy of Spiderman Miles Morales PS5 Ultimate Launch Edition with unused digital codes one being for Spiderman Remastered. The copy I bought was on Jan 05. On average start shopping a month after a games release unless it's something I'm really wanting to play. Single player games fall the fastest while multiplayer games tend to hold their value longer.

Anyways although I had a PS5 on Nov 12, I didn't open it until New Years as I wanted to make sure it didn't have any major defects. I usually wait but signed up for a chance to receive an invitation via email to purchase a PS5 through Sony before they announced the release date. After reading about all the troubles people were having trying to secure one I said screw it and bought the disc console directly from Sony through the invitation. So far so good also bought Tenet on 4k UltraHD Blu-ray.& Even though my TV is just a mid-range 4k Samsung it plays great. Anyways always I tend to just respond with a few sentences then end up writing my life story lol rant over. Peace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tend to agree. I picked up Miles Morales on 25% off sale and wished I'd waited for a deeper discount.

The game is great ... it's just skinny. Not as much stuff to do, the overall difficulty is easier, the same location as the first game, and a much shorter story.

It's an in-between game to set up what I can only assume will be both Peter and Miles in a full Spider-Man 2 game. A bit bigger than DLC, but no where near as big as a full game.