Save Transfer is now Available - Trophies auto-unlock

On the one hand: Damn, I'm bummed my save got lost when I sold my PS4.

On the other hand: If I've rebought the game, I was probably looking to replay it anyway.

On the third hand: I could just as easily pop a plat and fuck around in free roam indefinitely as I have since 2018.

• Like 3

Is the upload/download an action you do in the game themselves like in some cross-save/cross-buy games? I hate auto-unlock and I want to play the game and do everything normally but all my saves are always automatically uploaded to PS+, so I don't want to have a bad surprise when (someday ..) launching the game on PS5.

2 minutes ago, ShinVeNNoM said:

Is the upload/download an action you do in the game themselves like in some cross-save/cross-buy games? I hate auto-unlock and I want to play the game and do everything normally but all my saves are always automatically uploaded to PS+, so I don't want to have a bad surprise when (someday ..) launching the game on PS5.

No, it's a deliberate process, in-game upload, and download. Nothing to do with Plus.

• Like 2

The only 2 trophies that won't auto pop and have to be done manually on the PS5 are "So Many Hits..." (100 combo) and "The Untouchable Spider-Man" (complete a base without taking damage).

I did both of those requirements on the PS4 version before transferring my save, and still, they didn't pop. This is basically a non-issue because both are very easy and can be completed withing 5-10 minutes but just so you guys know.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Can you go the other way? I never got to Spidey on the PS4, and at this point I’d like to fully play the upgraded version, but I would not be opposed to auto popping the 4 version once I’m done on PS5

Unfortunately no. Saves only transfer from PS4 to PS5.

3 hours ago, OutlawedTorn said:

Both PS4 and PS5 versions were updated today to allow save transfers. You must first upload the save game on the PS4 version before downloading on the PS5. All trophies auto-unlock, even the new Remastered add-on trophies, if requirements were previously met. 

Ehm, how exactly do I do that? I uploaded my PS4 save on an external drive, plugged it into my PS5 but the game won't read the file. 

5 hours ago, OutlawedTorn said:

Both PS4 and PS5 versions were updated today to allow save transfers. You must first upload the save game on the PS4 version before downloading on the PS5. All trophies auto-unlock, even the new Remastered add-on trophies, if requirements were previously met. 

Do you still need the remastered version through the Ultimate Edition (PS5) or will the 2018 Spider-Man PS4 disc inserted into the PS5 still work for this?

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I am looking forward to replaying it so I wouldn't do this. I didn't do any of the auto pops on PS3 to PS4 like Soundshapes and I doubt will ever do it on any game.

I won't do autopops in a game I paid for. This game is such a joy to play I probably wouldn't do it anyway even if I got it for free. 

• Like 1