How "bad" is this platinum and why is it so hated?

2 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

That stupid bowls minigame made me give up.... maybe ill try again someday...

The minigames are a pain in the ass indeed. Did you manage the other 2 games or were you stuck on them as well?

On topic: The game itself is not that bad. At least I enjoyed it a lot. The grind however makes it very tedious. The quit the game a little while ago because of the encyclopedia of the common man. Some people I followed for days and they wouldn't do a certain task I could scan for the encyclopedia to fill. Damn that trophy.

Edited by Cauvuh_Lakrwa

4 hours ago, Waspfarmer said:

quick question, as part of 100% every recruit must hit assassin rank? what if u run out of missions , or contracts , how will they get xp? this is the recruits after u take control of a area by the way, im getting a feeling im not going to have enough contracts here :(

From what i remember, there are always a few missions available. So you should be fine.

3 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

That stupid bowls minigame made me give up.... maybe ill try again someday...

try pausing the game, (sounds silly) but as the AI is about to throw , it will look like he drops it to his feet and glitch, this will make it easy to win, may take a few rounds to time it right, but keep pausing one after another , your see what i mean

• Like 2

So far, i didn't find this a difficult game to get the plat (i'm just ending the main game), BUT some objectives are too painfull to do, specially the navy ones, one of the worst was one you have to destroy 3 ships, shooting in their powder (that took me like 2-3 hours to get, cause the game is very inconsistent in the way you open other ships weak points). Some collectables are not fun to do (the homestead ecyclopedia is ridiculous), but overall is a decent game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

unlocking the map club activity isn't that bad, I didn't have to grind for it.

95% of my trouble was full sync constraints for mission completion. tbh, I didn't have to try too hard for the main missions, but some of the naval missions are ridiculous, like kill everything in 1 minute 30 seconds., or the one where you have to destroy boats with firing on their gunpowder stores - this last one I had to look up a certain way of ramming so I didn't destroy the boats outright, but everyone has their own personal hates when it comes to full sync.

Don't worry about assassin recruits - they all hit assassin rank for me well before i ran out of missions. This was one of my last ones actually, as accessing the menu for this is weird to say the least. Just spread out the recruits for best chances of success and it's no drama.

The homestead is definitely drama though, running around looking at all the different professions. Once night time happens in-game they go to bed so don't try at night, and try to watch several professions at once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back when I played this game on PS3, I found this a very exhausting experience to platinum. Not so much this time, it's key to take it slowly and not rush into things. The worst part is undoubtedly the optional objectives, but they're doable with some practice and patience.

The Tyranny of King Washington DLC missions, however, are just plain annoying from start to finish. In classic Ubisoft fashion, it was just a quick cash grab with the bare minimum effort spent while developing it so the new gameplay tools are atrocious. Worst mission design ever in the AC series, the optional objectives make absolutely zero sense and I'm convinced they're there to make things as inconvenient as possible.

• 2 months later...

I'm roughly halfway through and have to say it's not that bad. The reality is there's a ton of side activities to be done, and some people might feel it's too grindy.... but it's more contemplative and enjoyable than it seems if you do it in small spurts. If you turn it up every once in a while, do one or two main missions and collect some feathers/chests/trinkets or whatever, it's a good game to play on the side as a long-term project. Not all games are supposed to be played in one long draft imo. The only thing frustrating me atm is that I can't win a game of fanorona or morris lol.

EDIT: Maybe the optional objectives of the main missions get tougher in the 2nd half of the game? I found them pretty okay so far. Nothing worth of a couple of retries most of the time. I only did one naval mission though, and the objective there was very annoying. The one where there are mortars shooting at you from a fort and you keep the ship's health above 50%

Edited by maxstirner_2015
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 6:10 AM, Jasko_SOA said:

Apart from the things already mentioned:

Sometimes a very well organized protagonist can keep you on track. Just think of Ezio:

I cannot think of any person that hates Ezio. In contrast, Connor is a boring piece of trash that never smiles and never shows any sort of emotions. Moreover, Connor is shit at climbing stuff. Small obstacles already are serious issues for this guy..-.-

That is to be expected given the protagonists have VERY, VERY different life experiences before they become involved in the plot of the games.

I guess I must be crazy because I liked the Homestead stuff as I actually got invested in the various side characters storylines. It's not just buying a bunch of anonymous shops like in some of the other games. It really does feel like building up a community from nothing. The only thing I remember being bad is one challenge requires you to skin every animal, but it doesn't track which animals you've skinned. So if you don't check it off manually as you go on a piece of paper or something, you may be up for a lot of wasted time at the end going back and re-killing every animal. This is based off playing the original on PS3 though if they stiffened any of the trophy requirements for the remaster. I did 100% on top of the plat, but they probably should have kept the DLC trophies as optional instead of requirements for the plat in the remaster as the Tyranny of George Washington tale was fairly disappointing.

It's probably because the game asks you to practically complete everything to get all the trophies. Other AC games (at least the ones I played) do task you to do a lot but not everything. That by itself wouldn't have been so bad but it doesn't help that this game didn't have a lot of fast travel points ( This was before the series started implementing fast travel at sync points as a staple feature.) I recall it was a pain trying to traverse trying to get this collectible, complete that side-quest, etc. Even the horse doesn't help that much since the frontier is so heavily forested and full of uneven rocky landscapes; even worse if the ground was full of snow.

4 hours ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

The only thing frustrating me atm is that I can't win a game of fanorona or morris lol.

Fanorona and Morris just about require you to use a video guide of certain strategies that force the AI to play a certain way in order to win. They're near-impossible to beat fair and square/on your own. I believe the guide links one or more videos for them.

Cause going for the platinum shines a light on how bad the mission design and the optional sync requirements really are. For an open world game you are really limited in how you wanna tackle these. The time is too strict, the AI is awful and the optional tasks make no sense at all. In general it is way too frustrating and is no fun at all.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 2:35 AM, Xillynoc said:

Fanorona and Morris just about require you to use a video guide of certain strategies that force the AI to play a certain way in order to win. They're near-impossible to beat fair and square/on your own. I believe the guide links one or more videos for them.

Yeah you need to cheese out a bit. I didn't look up any guides, but it did take me some 30 rounds of each to get it done. Bowls on the other hand is quite easy imo

• 9 months later...

The Platinum definitely outstayed its welcome - maybe in future I'll post some of my footage I recorded when going for the Platinum that might help some people overcome certain things.

It's definitely doable but just be prepared for the huge undertaking, but you have unlimited time to get it done.  No online to worry about.

Just some random Full Synchronisation gameplay footage videos here, from my time with the game when going for the Platinum, it is raw and completely unedited without any trimming; (some of it definitely needed trimming...) and I apologise in advance for this but I just wanted to get it out there for people, as it still could be of use to certain players none-the-less, so figured I would just upload them and post 'em in here - they are in no particular order:

I believe I chose to record these as they proved somewhat tricky for me at the time, so saved the footage to eventually post in order to help others.  I never got around to trimming them down, but at least the're available though.

I hope they help.

Note: In TTOKW, all the SIDE MISSIONS / CITIZEN MISSIONS can be farmed though technically not officially repeatable, but you can let yourself be killed after clearing one of them, and it'll respawn in the same location which you can then clear again, and your completion counter will go up.

More to come.

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1