Your Personal "Game Of the year" 2020 awards

arsenal4life1471

YOUR PERSONAL GAME OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2020

I don't know if anyone has started a forum like this yet but i feel there should be one for people to say there views. There are actual awards but a lot of time it doesn't cater to all fans as many peoples favourites miss the shortlist. So hear you can say your personal favourite game of the year is (any Format). Also while im at it as many people have Backlogs the size of giraffes People can say there game of the year they have played this year no matter if it was released this year or not (again any format) an example being playing The last of us of which was released in 2013 but only managed to play now (I hope you get what i mean). Also as its a trophy website you can also say your favourite platinum ,you have done, released in 2020 and your favourite platinum of a game again released in the past but you only platinumed this year. Any more ideas please say.

Here are my Picks for this year. (You can change it any time)

My Game Of the Year 2020                                                           My Backlog Game of the Year (Games  you have bought this year but not released this year do count for this one)

Spider-Man Miles Morales.                                                               Spider-man (2018)

My Platinum Of the Year (Game that Released in 2020)               My Favourite Backlog Platinum Done (Games  you have bought this year but not released this year do count for this one)

Spider-Man Miles Morales                                                                   Sleeping Dogs  2013

Looking forward to see what games people put done as there favourites

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 2

My game of the year is easily 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

That was the most emotional and unique experience this year. The story of this game is so jam-packed with twists and turns that you just can't get off this rollercoaster until the beautiful finale.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

My Game of the Year 2020: The Last of Us Part II

My Platinum of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima 

My Favorite Platinum Overall: The Binding of Issac: Rebirth

A lot of this year has primarily been playing games in my backlog, but the one game I knew I wanted the play is TLOU2. The story left such an impact to the point I still think about it. I love almost everything about it except the long load times lol. I hope ND make a third game someday :)

Ghost of Tsushima was a surprise hit for me. I wasn’t hyped to play this one, but decided to give it a chance due to the oddly lower critic score. I found myself really liking the story and combat. I had fun discovering secrets and side missions using the unique navigation system. What I thought would be a quick story playthrough turn into a 50+ hour platinum, and I don’t regret it at all.

The Binding of Issac is a series I’ve played on and off since the original, but I never got the chance to complete it 100%. So I made it my goal to get the Real Platinum God secret when I bought it on ps4. The game is just as fun and addicting as I remembered. One of the only few games that is extremely short I could play for hours. Easily my favorite platinum :)

• Like 1

I’m going to follow OPs format here

My Game Of the Year 2020                                                           
Pathologic 2

My Game of the Year (Game I have Played this year) 

Siren

My Platinum Of the Year (Game that Released in 2020)              

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom

My Favourite Platinum Done overall

Stardew Valley

• Like 2

Game of the Year: The Last of Us Part 2.

It was an amazing experience and even though I was spoiled before it somehow still delivered. 

Platinum of the year 2020: Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Although I got super frustrated at some parts in hard mode I can't forget the amazing experience I had overall with this game. (The pull and sit up challenges were the worst parts in gaming of this year though) 

Personal Platinum released before: Metal Gear Solid 3.

One of my favorite games ever remains a blast to play and platinum in 2020.

Edited by DefinitiveTJ
  • Like 1

Given the PS4 generation has just ended I’ll start it like this.

Game of Generation - Days Gone

Everything about this game was perfection to me. It had a quality story damn near close to if not equal to TLOU. Some of the best voice acting I’ve experienced (Sam Witner is a godly voice actor who I wish was used just as much as Troy Baker). The soundtrack was impeccable hitting at the perfect moments. The world was massive and combined with how fun the bike was, I never used fast travel in the 100+hrs I put into my play through. Gunplay was standard over the shoulder but mowing down a hoard was so satisfying. Ignore some of the gameplay bugs this game was perfection in my eyes.

GoTY 2020 - Ghost of Tsushima

For me the combat, art, and audio was everything in this game. The story was okay but it didn’t grip me as much as....

Story of 2020 - TLOU2

I personally don’t consider TLOU to be a game, it’s more so a fantastically crafted story with some gameplay elements (kinda like a book with pictures).

Platinum of 2020 - Death Stranding

I’m sure I’m in the minority here but I was never bored with this title. Being delivery sim man was an oddly refreshing experience to me. I loved doing this one.

Then to end it (because this is long)

Worst Game of Generation - We Happy Few

Haven’t heard of it? LUCKY YOU! I paid 100$ for the omega edition because I was so excited for it. The game was so buggy and so laggy (talking single digits at times) that it has left permanent scars on my brain for the migraines it gave me. Oh and the 3 DLCs they released without ever polishing the game. End me.

• Like 1

I think everyone should wait until they have some time with CP2077 (that is if they have any interest in the genre/theme), regardless if it will be 'meh', 'good' or 'OMG 11/10' to some it is still a serious contender for GOTY this year that should have it's chance.

Mine would be The last of us 2, I really loved and enjoyed the game (mind you, I'm not saying it is a happy, cheerful or funny game in any way) but without derailing the thread with discussing its story for me it was a well deserved and surefire GOTY so far.

Ghost of Tsuhima is close 2nd for sure,

And if there could be a "Most disappointing 2020" category my vote goes to Doom Eternal.

14 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Haven’t heard of it? LUCKY YOU! I paid 100$ for the omega edition because I was so excited for it. The game was so buggy and so laggy (talking single digits at times) that it has left permanent scars on my brain for the migraines it gave me. Oh and the 3 DLCs they released without ever polishing the game. End me.

I had no issues with the base game We Happy Few at all.

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I had no issues with the base game We Happy Few at all.

Looking at your plat vs mine is close to a 2 year gap. If you had no issues maybe they got around to fixing things, which makes me happy to hear. But it was a utter mess on launch.

My pick will probably end up being Nexomon Extinction 
with Fall Guys being a close second since I probably put in the most time on those games as far as Playstation 4 games go.
And favorite platinum for probably Nexomon Extinction again, I also did wind up importing another copy so I can platinum the game again with the intentions of making the game my 100th platinum trophy whenever I get there anyway.
 I also kind of want the Asian version for a third platinum stack, but not sure how to get that or if it is out on the Japan PSN store normally don't go out of my to buy other region of the same game for trophies so Nexomon is probably the first.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

i loved the story setting though so it gets a point for that but yh its not great i need to finish one day maybe ill play it on my ps5 and hopefully it runs better  fingers crossed lol

25 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I think everyone should wait until they have some time with CP2077 (that is if they have any interest in the genre/theme), regardless if it will be 'meh', 'good' or 'OMG 11/10' to some it is still a serious contender for GOTY this year that should have it's chance.

Mine would be The last of us 2, I really loved and enjoyed the game (mind you, I'm not saying it is a happy, cheerful or funny game in any way) but without derailing the thread with discussing its story for me it was a well deserved and surefire GOTY so far.

Ghost of Tsuhima is close 2nd for sure,

And if there could be a "Most disappointing 2020" category my vote goes to Doom Eternal.

cyberpunk will probably be delayed agains so no need to worry lol