Loading times

dannyswfc9

Hi. 

Ive seen a few threads on this but thought i would say my thoughts (hope mods dont mind)

As well as the upgraded graphics, the load times are a big deal for me towards the ps5 and its one of the best features of the new gen. Wether the loads times stay short moving forward when the games get bigger is still to be known.

Short load times make a huge difference with an enjoyment of a game

Ghost of tsushima for a triple a title has unbelievable load times on the ps4 but on the other side of the coin watchdogs legion as terrible load times which even tho im really enjoying takes away some of the enjoyment you have in the game.

Thanks for reading and would love to know your thoughts. 

Im just trying to take my mind off that i didnt get a ps5 at launch. Gutted.

I'm mostly looking forward to faster load times because it should do away with some of the tiresome modern gaming conventions, which are largely employed to disguise loading. If I never again have to slowly squeeze through a crack, wait around on an elevator, or trudge at a snail's pace while the characters jabber on, it'll be too soon.

• Like 1

The load times make a huge difference, i recently finished Spiderman miles morales which took a total of 20 hours and i probably only spent 3 minutes total in loading screens including starting the application. Currently playing Ac valhalla which is a good looking game with a massive open world but still the load times are only a couple seconds. I usually pull out my phone during loading screens but it seems I can no longer do so...

Edited by BrandedBerserk

Last gen games are much bigger than before, textures comes uncompressed (or even worse, use combination of compressed and uncompressed files for LOD to manipulate), developers began usage of new types of assets and geometry data storage which makes game bigger and pretty much everything makes games installs bigger but HDD reading speed is still same. No wonder why usage of SDD changes loading times also reduce size of installed game.

Edited by guy who says bruh
  • Like 1

The single reason I stopped playing Amalur Re-reckoning was the shitty load times. It is a little bit quicker on the PS5 with Performance turned on, I have the ps4 disc version. But that game is so badly optimized I don't even think a patch could fix it. In general Ps4 games so far seem to be running better for me on the PS5.