Newsworthy still obtainable?

Donath02

47 minutes ago, Donath02 said:

Does anybody know if the newsworthy trophy is still obtainable? Im want go return and complete this game but i saw nobody earned that trophy since the 2nd of july this year

can anybody confirm if its obtainable or unobtainable?

Going through all three stacks, it seems like all of them where earned in July.

Edited by grifteskymfning

3 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I have sent emails to Activision, Beenox and Vicarious Visions. Eagerly awaiting answers.

Thanks for your time to help ?

The site said the game is still functional online but so strange! 

if that was a rumor or they fix the problem that would be a brave move but we all know activation .

I already sent a msg to them on twitter lets see what's going on 

Read that you have to be PS member if you want to get the trophy 

Any update guys?

• 2 months later...

According to official sources, servers should not be down. Two options: flaky servers / connections like the Geometry Wars ones, or really dead. Let's hope they do something, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this...

For me it's pretty disappointing I would like to finish all Skylanders games with my son.

• 1 year later...

I been looking at this game recently and wanted to start earning the trophies for these games on the ps3 and ps4, and I am sure no one can find a work around to getting the newsworthy trophy on the ps3. I do wonder though, if anyone wanna test any work around, on if a game not updated can work on getting it or some form like that idea. Boot it up and possible skip the updates they put into it to earn it.

If not, I was hoping someone can answer if the ps4 version is still possible to earn anything? If I plan on a platnuming journey on these games, I would love to know if I would need to skip swap force all together or I can deal with the ps4 edition.

7 hours ago, Justin_Time_4Fun said:

I been looking at this game recently and wanted to start earning the trophies for these games on the ps3 and ps4, and I am sure no one can find a work around to getting the newsworthy trophy on the ps3. I do wonder though, if anyone wanna test any work around, on if a game not updated can work on getting it or some form like that idea. Boot it up and possible skip the updates they put into it to earn it.

If not, I was hoping someone can answer if the ps4 version is still possible to earn anything? If I plan on a platnuming journey on these games, I would love to know if I would need to skip swap force all together or I can deal with the ps4 edition.

This trophy was online only so playing unpatched is pointless but it's academic now because the servers are offline for all versions so the Platinum is unobtainable.

• 1 year later...

I have newsworthy in my PS3 version but not my PS4!! If the trophy unobtainable now, it is fine!! But I would like to 100% percent the game!! But I would do the rest of the trophies for my PSN so I can 99% percent it!! I wish that they can update it on the future so we can all get it!!

2 hours ago, PikachuNinjaX said:

I have newsworthy in my PS3 version but not my PS4!! If the trophy unobtainable now, it is fine!! But I would like to 100% percent the game!! But I would do the rest of the trophies for my PSN so I can 99% percent it!! I wish that they can update it on the future so we can all get it!!

That trophy has been unobtainable for years, because they closed the servers a long time ago but there won't be any more patches, because the franchise has been abandoned so is dead and buried.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, JCP3953 said:

I’m curious if there’s a way to spoof this trophy similar to saints row 3 on ps3, sucks this being the only trophy keeping this plat unobtainable 

I'm making a note here to remind myself to look into this later since I have all the Skylanders games and can do some tests.

(referring to this workaround: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/66339-how-to-get-the-jumped-in-trophy-after-the-servers-shutdown/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morfea said:

I’m intrested in this trophy too. There is one person who got it 22 January 2024. So either it’s possible or someone cheated. I hope for the first, so I can get it too. 😁

Did you take another 30 seconds and look at the rest of their trophies for the game? Notice anything weird?

• Like 2