Popping PS5 Trophies Via PS4 Save Transfer

t-H-3_d-O-u-G

Just to confirm, I have the platinum trophy on ps4 (None of the DLC trophies). I transferred my PS4 save to PS5 and only 4 bronze trophies popped which were the 4 individual "discover all named location" trophies. The Overall silver trophy for discover all locations however did not pop and the trophy tracker shows 0/223 progress for it, hopefully all the locations don't have to be rediscovered for the silver trophy.

Upon levelling up once, you'll also pop all the levelling trophies.

I tried to tip Moxxi on the character I brought over from ps4 and the trophy did not pop on ps5.

If anyone has any more details on specific trophies, I'd love to hear them.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

Didnt bl2 have these same problems when the ps4 version dropped?

Not even close. The other BL games had defined parameters you could exploit to get many of the trophies to auto-pop, whereas BL3 is bugged to hell and only pops a tiny number of trophies and then refuses to unlock any trophies at all on the current save. BL2 had an unfortunate glitch that prevented the all challenges trophy from popping if it hit but that was the only issue.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, HuntingFever said:

Not even close. The other BL games had defined parameters you could exploit to get many of the trophies to auto-pop, whereas BL3 is bugged to hell and only pops a tiny number of trophies and then refuses to unlock any trophies at all on the current save. BL2 had an unfortunate glitch that prevented the all challenges trophy from popping if it hit but that was the only issue.

ahh, well that sucks. Think i will stick with the ps4 version of bl3.

Edited by MsVelvet

It’s a great game regardless, and does look really nice on the ps5, even on resolution mode. Just got to level 51 and all the level trophies popped. I think I’ll leave it for a bit now, see if any patches change anything. Will probably replay it on a fresh character next year anyway. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, HuntingFever said:

wondered why it seemed like a lot of cross save trophies that should have popped within requirements like BL2 haven't, thank god i've waited until summer to pick up a pS5 hopefully it'll all be resolved by that point 

Edited by WhoElseBut-Matty

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DXCubfan said:

My character on PS4 was at the maximum level of 65.  None of the level trophies have popped when playing as this character.

BL2 and TPS had a similar issue but levelling up 1 more time, usually fixed it but since you're at max rank - that's not possible so will have to start over from scratch with a new character :(.

• 6 months later...
29 minutes ago, glurak400 said:

is that now fixed?

The Plat is now obtainable but you have to start a new game from scratch after using cross-save and getting certain trophies, because there's a bug that stop trophies from popping after a while for imported saves :(. Also note the Designer's Cut and Director's Cut trophies are buggy on both platforms but the Complex Made Simple trophy is very buggy on the PS5 and might not even pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Max level has been raised with the last patch, so level trophies may popp by raising one level with a previous character. I was max level prior to this patch (65) and I couldnt auto-pop level trophies. With the new max level we could obtain the trophies for level 10, 25 and 50 with a character previously in level 65. It's something...

So (& apologies if this got mentioned & I missed it) with respect to this then, is there any point in auto popping trophies for this at all or is it better just to start entirely from scratch?

Also, is that even possible to do? I know I had to export/import a save for Miles Morales for it to pick up my progress from PS4, but didn't seem to need to for Destiny 2 or Avengers (I did hit a save export thing on the PS4 version of Avengers, but didn't seem to need to do anything with respect to importing it on the PS5 version)?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 10:49 AM, Forrest_01 said:

So (& apologies if this got mentioned & I missed it) with respect to this then, is there any point in auto popping trophies for this at all or is it better just to start entirely from scratch?

Also, is that even possible to do? I know I had to export/import a save for Miles Morales for it to pick up my progress from PS4, but didn't seem to need to for Destiny 2 or Avengers (I did hit a save export thing on the PS4 version of Avengers, but didn't seem to need to do anything with respect to importing it on the PS5 version)?

1: IMO, BL3's cross-save system is a buggy waste of time, plus only a limited amount of trophies auto-pop (i.e. the location and rank trophies) so you're better off just redoing everything from scratch (which won't take long since the game is really easy these days).

2: BL3 uses the traditional in-game Cross-Save system so you must have the PS4 version installed before you can upload your currently selected character to the Cross-Save Cloud. Once uploaded, boot up the PS5 version then choose the option to download your character from the Cross-Save Cloud. Online only games such as Destiny 2, Dead by Daylight, Outriders, Fortnite etc. automatically move your save over to your current platform so there's nothing you need to do to facilitate it but Single Player games use either an in-game Cross-Save Cloud or will automatically detect the PS4 save on your Hard Drive and covert it for use with the PS5 release.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

so i transfered my character from ps4 an nothing at all popped. but with a new character everything should work right? i dont care about the autopop i just dont want anything to be bugged an unobtainable now^^

Correct. When I did it, I transferred my character and nothing popped. When I leveled him up once, all of the level trophies popped and some of the discover all locations trophies popped as well.

After that, I started a new character and didn't have a single issue unlocking any of the trophies, including all the DLC.

16 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Correct. When I did it, I transferred my character and nothing popped. When I leveled him up once, all of the level trophies popped and some of the discover all locations trophies popped as well.

After that, I started a new character and didn't have a single issue unlocking any of the trophies, including all the DLC.

ah thank then i think i will also try to level up once to get the location trophies maybe. thanks for answering!

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I farmed good equipment with my Moze on ps4. If i start a new Moze character on ps5, can i transfer my ps4 Moze's equipment to her?

Or do i have to drop them to someone and have him drop them back to the new character? 

Only if you import the PS4 save and save it in a separate slot, then move all her gear to the bank so you can transfer it later.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

Hi,

does anyone know if the reverse works? I've played the PS5 Version of the game, just got my Platinum and I wonder, if it's possible to export the save file and import it on the PS4 version 1f914.png

Nope. It's a one way trip from the PS4 to the PS5, with no option to go the other way. Most PS5 games only support 1 way cross-save and BL3 is no exception, thus you will have to do the PS4 version from scratch if you start with the PS5 version. There are exceptions to this rule but most of them are online only affairs e.g. Fortnite, Destiny 2, Genshin Impact, Warframe etc. with only a small number of single player games mixed in e.g. Nioh, Nioh 2, AC: Valhalla and a few others.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen anybody try strategically 'autopopping' the trophies by transferring their save before they pop certain trophies. Anyone know if that would work? (e.g. transferring before you turn in the last side quest, and before you turn in story missions that have trophies tied to them)

• Like 1