2 different trophy times on 2 different consoles.

Deathon6

I was looking at my trophy list earlier on my PS3 when I noticed something wrong. I had just earned the trophies The Ghost Killer and You've earned it. The time was 5:58am when these 2 trophies popped. However on my PS3 trophy list it says they were earned at 6:58am. When I look at it on the PS4 it has the time at 5:58am; which is the correct time. Why would the PS3 and PS4 show 2 different times? 

I don't think the time setting on my ps3 will effect the time stamps for trophies. My PS3 is way off time by 24 hours and 35 minutes behind the current time. Also the date stamps for those 2 trophies are correct. 11/22/2020 while the PS3 is showing a date of 11/21/2020 at the top right of the screen.  

11 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

I was looking at my trophy list earlier on my PS3 when I noticed something wrong. I had just earned the trophies The Ghost Killer and You've earned it. The time was 5:58am when these 2 trophies popped. However on my PS3 trophy list it says they were earned at 6:58am. When I look at it on the PS4 it has the time at 5:58am; which is the correct time. Why would the PS3 and PS4 show 2 different times? 

I don't think the time setting on my ps3 will effect the time stamps for trophies. My PS3 is way off time by 24 hours and 35 minutes behind the current time. Also the date stamps for those 2 trophies are correct. 11/22/2020 while the PS3 is showing a date of 11/21/2020 at the top right of the screen.  

Are both consoles set up to sync time to the internet? Also is one or both set up for Daylight Saving Time?

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Are both consoles set up to sync time to the internet? Also is one or both set up for Daylight Saving Time?

The PS4 is. The PS3 is not ever since I had to manually  change it for that one Twisted Metal trophy. I just never bothered to put it back to the correct time and date since then. Although I don't think the PS3 time settings effect the trophy time and date stamp as the time and date stamps on the trophies always show the correct time and date even if the PS3 is showing a different time and date. 

58 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

Although I don't think the PS3 time settings effect the trophy time and date stamp as the time and date stamps on the trophies always show the correct time and date even if the PS3 is showing a different time and date. 

no, the date and time settings won’t affect the actual timestamps, but they can affect how the firmware shows you the relative time. Same with Daylight Saving Time. The stamps will be correct, but the system will accommodate however you manually set the time and/or show DST time. 

For clarity, I don’t think there is any actual discrepancy with the timestamps. I think the discrepancy in the the difference of settings between your two consoles. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

no, the date and time settings won’t affect the actual timestamps, but they can affect how the firmware shows you the relative time. Same with Daylight Saving Time. The stamps will be correct, but the system will accommodate however you manually set the time and/or show DST time. 

For clarity, I don’t think there is any actual discrepancy with the timestamps. I think the discrepancy in the the difference of settings between your two consoles. 

If you completely drain CMOS battery on PS3 or battery on PS Vita, then earn trophies offline before connecting to the internet, you can "overwrite" timestamps with "missing" timestamp. I had this issue with my Vita last year. Was visiting parents during the holidays, found my old Vita and recharged it without connecting to the internet. Had few games installed on it back from the days. Played some, earned some trophies. When I connected it to internet and synced time + trophies, it somehow overwritten timestamps on my already earned and synced trophies back from 2013. So time stamps went from YYYY\MM\DD to ----\--\-- on those trophies I already had earned and synced on Vita years before.

I guess not related to OP question, but it is possible to get your timestamps fucked, at least in terms of replacing correct timestamps with blank ones.

4 minutes ago, Shizo said:

If you completely drain CMOS battery on PS3 or battery on PS Vita, then earn trophies offline before connecting to the internet, you can "overwrite" timestamps with "missing" timestamp..

I guess not related to OP question, but it is possible to get your timestamps fucked, at least in terms of replacing correct timestamps with blank ones.

I am aware and my post history of these forums will show me explaining what you typed about at least a dozen times. It's not relevant to this problem though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

psnprofiles is showing the correct time stamps on my profile. 

So PS4 and PSNProfiles is showing the correct time, but your PS3, you never set the time back to be synced to internet time after you manually changed it for that Twisted Metal trophy. Have you tried to just set the PS3 to the correct time and make sure the Daylight Saving Time setting is correct to see if the timestamp isn't just reflecting the offset you manually made on your PS3? I think the PS3 is just masking what you see, but it has the correct time on the timestamp. Fixing your settings should fix what you see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaivRules said:

So PS4 and PSNProfiles is showing the correct time, but your PS3, you never set the time back to be synced to internet time after you manually changed it for that Twisted Metal trophy. Have you tried to just set the PS3 to the correct time and make sure the Daylight Saving Time setting is correct to see if the timestamp isn't just reflecting the offset you manually made on your PS3? I think the PS3 is just masking what you see, but it has the correct time on the timestamp. Fixing your settings should fix what you see.

I'll try that and see what happens the next time I earn a trophy. 

I just set it to fetch the time automatically and set day light saving time to standard. Logged out of psn and back in again. Then I checked and the time stamps are correct on the trophies now.