Online mode is completely dead.

mvpeast

I thought Shadow of “Mordor” was gonna shut down on 12/31/2020 so I’m trying to complete Shadow of “War” online trophies as well...

Then I just realized that I can’t even connect to Shadow of War online server even once. It keeps giving me errors. It’s impossible to obtain the online trophies.

Can anyone still play online? Why do I keep getting “connection lost error”? I am always online. Thanks if anyone can help out.. This game has been extremely frustrating.

Just started but no problems as of yet. Im in europe on (im guessing) a European server if that helps. The online shutdown only affects 1 trophy i think. 

Playing to get said trophy and then we'll see about the plat. Nemesis system is kicking my ass so far.

Edited by punkshepherd

Anyone know what can I do? I keep getting errors, never been able to connect to online server even once... thanks.

I play on ps5. I had no issue with the online trophy in shadow of Mordor. Only shadow of War did not work at all.

Edited by mvpeast

4 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Anyone know what can I do? I keep getting errors, never been able to connect to online server even once... thanks.

I play on ps5. I had no issue with the online trophy in shadow of Mordor. Only shadow of War did not work at all.

Maybe try getting this trophy on PS4 if you can?

16 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I don’t think ps5 has any issue. I saw other posts people had the same problem too.. They said to restart the router, unplug the console, etc... i am trying that

Check your internet setting, NAT type especially. If everyone else does not have any issue it might be something on your end. Hook your console directly to the internet without a router/switch and see if that helps.

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Go into the options, over to the Network and check everything says online. 

Then go into ur PS4/5 system settings and do a network test, once you know everything is ok, go and have a check see if its now working

Dunno y, but that seems to fix it!! 

Yeah I did that too. Now i need 2500 army strength rating then i’m done with all the online trophies. thanks for the help.

Edited by mvpeast

3 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Yeah I did that too. Now i need 2500 army strength rating then i’m done with all the online trophies. thanks for the help.

To late but now, but if you knew beforehand (b4 ur 1st fort) , you could have exploit the Captain Rank so that you get 4000 points naturally with NO grinding whatsoever ;(

You would finish Shadow Wars, then look and see that you have 4000+ xD

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

To late but now, but if you knew beforehand (b4 ur 1st fort) , you could have exploit the Captain Rank so that you get 4000 points naturally with NO grinding whatsoever ;(

You would finish Shadow Wars, then look and see that you have 4000+ xD

Idk how that works..

6 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Idk how that works..

To keep it brief, when you go online with any of the 4 forts for the VERY FIRST time, your initial assault rating for that fort will copy your defence rating

Then once thats been done, the only way to change the assault rating is via online conquests. 

If you are online the first time you capture each fort, your assault rating for them will likely start between 50-150.

But if you turn off network, and go offline, just b4 you capture first fort and leave it offline till endgame when you likely have the defence ratings at somewhere over 400, when you do finally go online, ur assault rating will now copy ur defence rating at that time meaning over 400+ in assault rating for all forts!! 

It turns it from this;

Fort 1 - Assault 50+ / Defence 400+

Fort 2 - Assault 50+ / Defence 400+

Fort 3 - Assault 50+ / Defence 400+

Fort 4 - Assault 50+ / Defence 400+

Into this

Fort 1 - Assault 400+ / Defence 400+

Fort 2 - Assault 400+ / Defence 400+

Fort 3 - Assault 400+ / Defence 400+

Fort 4 - Assault 400+ / Defence 400+

Like i say, to l8 now, but if you knew at the time, it would likely mean you have the Captain Trophy by now. Did you even play online when you first began playing the game a while bk, or have you just decided now?? If you never played offline until now when u are at endgame, u may be in luck ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1