Master Of All You Survey bugged, PS5 version?

kiseiju68

Same here. I have 223/223 but the trophy hasn't popped. The trophy card I think is also glitched because it shows 0/223 for me as well. 

I forgot how glitchy this game was on the PS4. The eridian slabs is also glitching out and for some reason, every few hours or so, one side quest keeps reactivating itself....good times. For the record, no PS5 owner has these two trophies nor the platinum so it's likely not you, it's the game.

Edited by TerminalPhoenix

2 hours ago, kiseiju68 said:

I got the other zone trophies when I uploaded a character from the PS4, could it be that this one bugged the trophy?

I started a fresh character and it bugged me me too. No one has these trophies on the PS5 so something is glitched for all. Until they fix it, I don't think there's much you can do.

The PS5 version is broken as hell right now but at least for the all locations trophy, starting a new character from scratch will fix the problem:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/forum/7652-borderlands-3/

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/323447-trophies-not-unlocking-for-ps5

Also note that the Golden Key trophy is unobtainable on the PS5, because there are no PS5 specific keys and your already redeemed keys don't transfer over from the PS4.

I disagree. I started a character from scratch and the locations trophy glitched on me. Not one person has that trophy yet so I don’t think it matters whether you transfer a save or start a new character.

As for the golden key trophy, that one is obtainable. I have it and all I did was add keys to the SHIFT account that were released in November. This game is so buggy...

Don't know if any other did as well, but I sent them a bug report a few days ago. Gearbox support said they would forward it to the dev team, but that "they don't have visibility on their progress and don't have a timeline for the fix to be implemented."

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Yeah it seems bugged I'm sitting at 0/223 on a new save, despite individual regions having some % discovered.

I'll probably hold off playing until its fixed since I am only level 5, and restart when that happens. Just in case the bug fix isn't applied retroactively

I opened a ticket w/ 2K support for this.  Why not do the same if you can.  They said they forwarded my message and screenshots to DEVs but gave no info about timetable.  I'm with Hunting Fever -- shelve it until further notice.  Plenty of other games to play.  Immortals Fenix Rising is good  :-)

Hopefully we don't have to start all over on the named locations.

Oh and is the named location trophy for Arms Race bugged as well?  It is for me.  I met the criteria three times and didn't get it.  I can see a few people have it but not very many.

On 15.12.2020 at 0:06 AM, HuntingFever said:

They will fix it but knowing Gearbox, it will be months before that happens so all you can do is shelve the game until the patch arrives.

they never fixed the mad moxxi dlc on ps4, the only safe way to avoid crashing is playing it on ps5 (no thanks to gearbox)

we might be more lucky because bl3 is newer but don't get your hopes up, gearbox doesn't give a shit about the player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaquia said:

they never fixed the mad moxxi dlc on ps4, the only safe way to avoid crashing is playing it on ps5 (no thanks to gearbox)

we might be more lucky because bl3 is newer but don't get your hopes up, gearbox doesn't give a shit about the player

Gearbox had almost nothing to do with the BL1 remaster, because it was outsourced to Black Squirrel Games, who also botched the Bioshock remasters. Also, Gearbox have a much better record with fixing trophy glitches than they do other problems.

PS: I'm no Gearbox fan, they royally pissed me off with their handling of BL3 and the handful of broken games they Published for other developers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Gearbox had almost nothing to do with the BL1 remaster, because it was outsourced to Black Squirrel Games, who also botched the Bioshock remasters. Also, Gearbox have a much better record with fixing trophy glitches than they do other problems.

PS: I'm no Gearbox fan, they royally pissed me off with their handling of BL3 and the handful of broken games they Published for other developers.

even though this is totally right, gear box should still be interested in how their games are presentet to the consumers (which they aren't apparently)

I think the Season Pass 2 speaks for itself here if you wanna know what they are all about. I feel sorry for the developers of this game, but if you have a predatory monster like randy as a boss, that's the way it is I guess

nevertheless, I hope you are right. deep down bl3 is a good game from a gameplay perspective and I really wanna do it again on PS5

I lodged a support request regarding it and this is what 2K games said

Shivam A., Dec 25, 2020, 23:06 PST:

Hey there Vault Hunter!

Thanks for contacting 2K Support.

I appreciate you taking the time to alert us regarding issue with the following achievements - Tales From The Eridian Slab & Master Of All You Survey. The development team is always eager to hear regarding the issues so that we can make necessary tweaks and improvements for best gaming experience.

However, I wish to inform you that this particular issue is currently being investigated by the developers so I appreciate your patience!

In the meantime, you are able to go back and rediscover those areas in your own single-player game and get the progress to count towards the achievement goal properly. Just a heads up, when you're going back through the locations, you have to do it all in one sitting. Meaning you can't travel back to Sanctuary or close the game at all. You have to rediscover all the locations before doing either of those. That should trigger it properly for you. I know it's not ideal, but it is currently the only workaround we have for this issue until it is resolved.

Please keep an eye on our social media pages for patch notes and updates in the future! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Shivam A.
2K Support

6 hours ago, evilkenshin said:

I lodged a support request regarding it and this is what 2K games said

Shivam A., Dec 25, 2020, 23:06 PST:

Hey there Vault Hunter!

Thanks for contacting 2K Support.

I appreciate you taking the time to alert us regarding issue with the following achievements - Tales From The Eridian Slab & Master Of All You Survey. The development team is always eager to hear regarding the issues so that we can make necessary tweaks and improvements for best gaming experience.

However, I wish to inform you that this particular issue is currently being investigated by the developers so I appreciate your patience!

In the meantime, you are able to go back and rediscover those areas in your own single-player game and get the progress to count towards the achievement goal properly. Just a heads up, when you're going back through the locations, you have to do it all in one sitting. Meaning you can't travel back to Sanctuary or close the game at all. You have to rediscover all the locations before doing either of those. That should trigger it properly for you. I know it's not ideal, but it is currently the only workaround we have for this issue until it is resolved.

Please keep an eye on our social media pages for patch notes and updates in the future! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Shivam A.
2K Support

Awesome, hope they fix it soon, really want to get stuck into this game but holding off until they sort these trophies

18 hours ago, evilkenshin said:

That temporary fix seems kinda questionable still, given not a single person on this site (or even PSN) has popped the trophy. And this is a fix that has been known for a few weeks now. You'd think someone would have successfully done it by now

3 hours ago, xDevin912 said:

That temporary fix seems kinda questionable still, given not a single person on this site (or even PSN) has popped the trophy. And this is a fix that has been known for a few weeks now. You'd think someone would have successfully done it by now

Guess its about the effort involved - this would take several hours easily not that its stopped people before

I don't think the rediscovering all in one sitting would work.  The trophy for discovering all locations says 0/223 collected.  If not closing or going to sanctuary were an actual workaround you could test it with just a few locations and see if they count. I did just this and it didn't change off 0/223 collected I did an entire area and it didn't change at all.  This has been frustrating. Second game to bug on me this year. >.>

• Like 1