Master Of All You Survey bugged, PS5 version?

kiseiju68

On 1/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Obscure-Owl said:

I don't think the rediscovering all in one sitting would work.  The trophy for discovering all locations says 0/223 collected.  If not closing or going to sanctuary were an actual workaround you could test it with just a few locations and see if they count. I did just this and it didn't change off 0/223 collected I did an entire area and it didn't change at all.  This has been frustrating. Second game to bug on me this year. >.>

I checked in game today and while still going through the trophies the location for all locations when you zoom out of the planet your on and then push l3 showed 93/233 today - while not sure it would pop the trophy if i got it to the full 233 mine seems to show a different tracking than what your game is

4 hours ago, evilkenshin said:

I checked in game today and while still going through the trophies the location for all locations when you zoom out of the planet your on and then push l3 showed 93/233 today - while not sure it would pop the trophy if i got it to the full 233 mine seems to show a different tracking than what your game is

In game tracking is fine, It however isn't relaying to the PS5 trophy tracking so the trophy won't pop even if your 223/223 in game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally down to play the PS5 upgrade version since I love Borderlands so much, but until they fix the location trophies, I have no interest in coming back just yet. I am pretty patient with these things generally, and I also appreciate that development on new DLC and stuff probably comes first, and also working on this stuff during a pandemic isn't easy. That said, I hope maybe by the next month or so? Maybe?

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I'm totally down to play the PS5 upgrade version since I love Borderlands so much, but until they fix the location trophies, I have no interest in coming back just yet. I am pretty patient with these things generally, and I also appreciate that development on new DLC and stuff probably comes first, and also working on this stuff during a pandemic isn't easy. That said, I hope maybe by the next month or so? Maybe?

Our first opportunity this year for a patch, will be when the Valentine's Day event is re-enabled in February.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 9:32 PM, HuntingFever said:

Our first opportunity this year for a patch, will be when the Valentine's Day event is re-enabled in February.

I really hope you are right. I love borderlands and I'm itching to play it on PS5.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, laptop9 said:

Ive had this waiting since PS5 release day to play, and ive been putting it off since no one has got these trophies, really hope they get fixed soon, its lead me to buy Borderlands 2 VR to get more of a fix of Borderlands for the time being xD

I understand that trophy hunting is a thing, and people live their gaming life by them - but I'll never understand NOT playing a game because a trophy is glitched and stops you getting the platinum.

15 hours ago, MrDelDante said:

I understand that trophy hunting is a thing, and people live their gaming life by them - but I'll never understand NOT playing a game because a trophy is glitched and stops you getting the platinum.

I can understand that aspect, but I have also played the game fully on PS4. I want to play it again but it is not as good as Borderlands 2 imo. If it was the 2nd I’d start it within a heartbeat but 3 was no where near as strong story wise

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just passing this along if anyone wants to try it(from support). I will wait for a patch, but this might work according to them. They also recommend a cache clear or delete and re-install.

"In the meantime, you are able to go back and rediscover those areas in your own single-player game and get the progress to count towards the achievement goal properly. Just a heads up, when you're going back through the locations, you have to do it all in one sitting. Meaning you can't travel back to Sanctuary or close the game at all. You have to rediscover all the locations before doing either of those. That should trigger it properly for you. I know it's not ideal, but it is currently the only workaround we have for this issue until it is resolved."

The PlayStation 4 and 5 doesn't actually have a cache to clear. That said: It never hurts to power down/power up your console if you're encountering performance issues in the console. 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller. 
  2. Select "Turn Off PS4/PS5". 
  3. Let the PlayStation 4/5 fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4/5. 
Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

9 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Just passing this along if anyone wants to try it(from support). I will wait for a patch, but this might work according to them. They also recommend a cache clear or delete and re-install.

"In the meantime, you are able to go back and rediscover those areas in your own single-player game and get the progress to count towards the achievement goal properly. Just a heads up, when you're going back through the locations, you have to do it all in one sitting. Meaning you can't travel back to Sanctuary or close the game at all. You have to rediscover all the locations before doing either of those. That should trigger it properly for you. I know it's not ideal, but it is currently the only workaround we have for this issue until it is resolved."

The PlayStation 4 and 5 doesn't actually have a cache to clear. That said: It never hurts to power down/power up your console if you're encountering performance issues in the console. 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller. 
  2. Select "Turn Off PS4/PS5". 
  3. Let the PlayStation 4/5 fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4/5. 

Their support has no idea what they are talking about. That fix only worked when the PS4 version was bugged last year, it has zero affect on the PS5 version because that is knackered at a code level so you can restart and reinstall the game all you want but you won't get either of the affected trophies. They have been regurgitating this crap since November and it has been debunked multiple times.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, kaptainmyke said:

I created a brand new character and did it all in one sitting and trophies did not pop.  No rest mode or power down.  That fix may have worked for PS4, but definitely not PS5.  

I copied that and sent it back to support...but if it was a new character you probably had to go to Sanctuary. I think they said to avoid going there.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

5 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I copied that and sent it back to support...but if it was a new character you probably had to go to Sanctuary. I think they said to avoid going there.

It doesn't matter if you go to Sanctuary III or not, this trick simply doesn't work on the PS5. The only thing that is going to fix these two trophies is a patch.

Yup, why I opened a ticket to speed things up....hopefully lol. I'm waiting to buy the last DLC till the PS5 trophies are fixed.

"Thanks to Vault Hunters like yourself, we've been able to collect enough info about this issue to notify the development team, and they're currently looking into it.

We don't have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and won't have a timeline for the fix to be implemented. Please follow us on Twitter"