Game is fn garbage

Do side missions for good XP to do combat upgrades and invade captain events to get access to the higher tiers of combat upgrades. Also get collectibles for the currency for character and equipment upgrades. Use the runes collected from killing the captains in those events to help in combat, hopefully you'll get one that is actually helpful. For example, there are some bow ones that recharge focus for shots that pin their leg to the ground or have a chance to replenish health from heat shot kills. Another good one is replenishing health from flurry kills (circle, then rapid hit square until their heads explode).

I will say that it can be very frustrating trying to target a specific enemy in a large group, either from the middle of the fray or when doing a stealth attack from above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Oh my God am I ready to snap my copy of this game in half. Let's count how many ways this game has let me down:

- One f***cking hit sends Talon to half a health bar or less.

- The game LOVES to have enemies swarm around you when you are trying to do something important like, I don't know, brand a warchief or a captain

- The combat system is crappy and on a delayed reaction. You press a button to counter and maybe Talon will counter like five seconds later. Or you fire arrows like two or three times and he empties his whole quiver.

- Counter works less than half the time. Like 25% of the time.

- The developers once again made a game without knowing what tf they were doing. If you are working on games and you piss people off playing it, YOU NEED TO FIX IT.

I'm just trying to Platinum this POS game and have about half of the trophies done. But it makes so mad when I attempt it and I want to break my disc in half now.

You are playing it on PS4 too......... PS3 was even worse. I took a break when I glitched into a wall about a third of the way through and needed to restart the game because it auto saved.  

But I do agree. While this game will never be the worst game I have played it falls into the bottom 10 of games I have played. The story was the only saving grace for me.

I hate played it.....

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Oh my God am I ready to snap my copy of this game in half. Let's count how many ways this game has let me down:

- The game LOVES to have enemies swarm around you when you are trying to do something important like, I don't know, brand a warchief or a captain

- The combat system is crappy and on a delayed reaction. You press a button to counter and maybe Talon will counter like five seconds later. Or you fire arrows like two or three times and he empties his whole quiver.

- The developers once again made a game without knowing what tf they were doing. If you are working on games and you piss people off playing it, YOU NEED TO FIX IT.

GIT GUD!

• Like 4

a friend of mine gave away his copy to me for free, I don't think the game is garbage nor that difficult but I didn't likes it, I mean I didn't see what people is giving it a praise for, I played it for a while then stopped, I don't know, maybe i'll play it soon to get this one online trophy before the server shutting down so I might platinum it later.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

Before anyone gets it twisted and think I'm complaining about not obtaining trophies fast enough -- I'm not. I'm just talking about doing the gameplay loops with the Nemesis system. I try to work on a trophy and say I get an area clear and about to brand a bodyguard of a warchief.

Some f*cking enemy appears out of nowhere and attacks me and sends me to less than half a health bar and my character is about to die.

I guess I'm comparing the game to Arkham games, which I find easier to cheese my way through. You take out an enemy, run away, and the rest of the enemies might investigate or if they do, you take them out.

It made sense and is logical.

This game is made by people who played Batman: Arkham Asylum for five minutes, thought they knew what they were doing, and didn't. This is the result of mediocrity in action.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zizimonster said:

The game can be difficult in the beginning, but it is not garbage. Do side missions, open more towers, etc. As you gain XP, you can buy some skills that make your life easier. Seriously. I platinumed the game twice (vanilla, GOTY), and never once thought the game was hard. Nonetheless, obtaining some trophies might be confusing at first, especially if you're not familiar withh the game yet. :)

This, though I did find it hard at first. And that shitty elf dlc was a bitch for me, but that's a different story entirely.

Once you unlock more stuff it gets so much easier. I'd say also rush the story missions tbh, as soon as you unlock branding it gets so much easier and more fun because you have more options in how to tackle things so it also gets less repetitive. Because stealth all the time, killing endless waves or running away isn't exactly the funnest thing. I did the entire first map before moving on and I regretted it as soon as I got to the second one because I was finding the game incredibly tedious initially.

I think the game has it's share of issues, but I wouldn't call it bad. Just a little too ambitious and didn't quite do enough to make the nemesis system engaging for the player. And also not enough quality of life featuers to make it less tedious to do specific things like give commands. How hard is it to have like a raven or some equivalent to send out to give orders to your minions, nah, go find them instead. That makes sense.

• Like 1

The game is okay, but I remember enjoying it a lot more back in 2014. It was around the time I made my first pc rig. It was fun going around slaying orcs at 60fps. Coming back to it now is rough, 30fps aside. There’s not much to do once the wow factor of the nemesis system goes away. Also the boss fights felt rush and wasn’t planned out by the devs.

Just another 1 of the way too many games that i own in which ill probably never end up playing.  Reviewing my backlog, i genuinely bit off way more than i can chew and have no issues about supporting a developer and just deleting their game(s), This isnt the first time i bought a game for relatively Cheap and after further investigation just never even to bother with it, ill just go without buying a coffee before work tomorrow and itll balance itself out financially ;)

17 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Before anyone gets it twisted and think I'm complaining about not obtaining trophies fast enough -- I'm not. I'm just talking about doing the gameplay loops with the Nemesis system. I try to work on a trophy and say I get an area clear and about to brand a bodyguard of a warchief.

Some f*cking enemy appears out of nowhere and attacks me and sends me to less than half a health bar and my character is about to die.

I guess I'm comparing the game to Arkham games, which I find easier to cheese my way through. You take out an enemy, run away, and the rest of the enemies might investigate or if they do, you take them out.

It made sense and is logical.

This game is made by people who played Batman: Arkham Asylum for five minutes, thought they knew what they were doing, and didn't. This is the result of mediocrity in action.

If you're having to cheese your way through the Arkham games, then maybe this isn't the genre for you. They're very easy, and I would argue with the fact that you can turn enemies into allies, Shadow of Mordor is even easier.

The game is decent, (probably less so now given that it's 5-6 years old), and was a decent experience in a world I already love. The enemies don't appear out of nowhere, it must have been one you missed, or a patrol that just reached the area. Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they appear on the mini-map anyway? So it can't really be a surprise when one is approaching you.

Try Orc Slayer or Little Adventure on the Prairie if you think this is garbage. You'll soon change your mind.

Didn't have any difficulty with the general playthrough of this game, or going for the trophies. Only reason I didn't get the plat is the RNG that is getting an epic rune.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, POEman553 said:

I'm just trying to Platinum this POS game and have about half of the trophies done. But it makes so mad when I attempt it and I want to break my disc in half now.

I just platted this last month n i can understand some of ur frustration but as some1 mentioned in an earlier post if u push through the campaign a bit n unlock the talents thats attached to the story missions the game should get a bit easier.