why is it so hard to win a war?

JamesCapitalll

17 hours ago, Mori said:

Wars depend on the community, maybe not enough people are playing anymore or dont focus on winning the war. 

One year ago we won every war (2 in total I think) and never came that close to loosing.

Yeah during the month that we played, we won two or three wars... not only that, but one of the hardest trophies for us to achieve was actually defending a planet, since the enemies had absolutely no chance ?

You seem to be playing at a time where the community isn't pushing enough... That's a bit unlucky, or they changed something with regard to cross-play... can Vita, PS3 and PS4 owners still play together? Or did they change that? 

It feels like nowadays whenever we are coming close to winning a war on any front people just bail out and fight another side. We usually have upwards of 250 people fighting insects at any given point, but as soon as we reach the home planet the number drops to around 40 or even 20 at one point.

Why do people do that? If they just stuck to what they were doing we would still be able to win wars easily.

7 hours ago, HedgehogGM said:

It feels like nowadays whenever we are coming close to winning a war on any front people just bail out and fight another side. We usually have upwards of 250 people fighting insects at any given point, but as soon as we reach the home planet the number drops to around 40 or even 20 at one point.

Why do people do that? If they just stuck to what they were doing we would still be able to win wars easily.

The community are assholes, that's why - they only think about themselves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

Sad to see that it became so bad. I was really looking forward to 100%-ing this game. 

Though it seems that there are some new achievers of the trophy? How is that?

I only checked the last achiever.. That guy for example played the game in 2015 and 2016, but didn't earn any single trophy since. Assuming that he just never fired up the game again until now, if when he played back in 2016 he completed a planet and that campaign was won eventually, he would only get the trophy the next time he starts the game (which seems to have been in Nov. 2020). 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

Biggest problem of this game is cross-platform community, pc players doesnt give a damn about achievments.

This game is only cross-platform across the Playstation systems though. 

32 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

I really hope it turns back around. Looks like that up until not too long ago losing a war was a very rare event.

There is some scaling in place as well. The more wars are won, the harder it becomes to win the next one. Once a war is lost, the next one is again easier to win... But to what extent that scaling really makes things harder I canont say. All 3-4 wars that I participated in were won... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

This game is only cross-platform across the Playstation systems though. 

Game is crossplay between Playstation systems. But community is crossplatform. As website state:

With up to four player co-op missions, working together as a team is vital, whether calling in strikes or placing weapons, each action must be totally synchronized to achieve the objectives. This isn’t just a four player co-op game; it’s a co-op game that relies on the global efforts of the entire HELLDIVERS community!

https://helldivers.gamepedia.com/Galactic_Campaign_Records

These are the records of all wars waged by Super Earth, ever since Helldivers launched in March of 2015. Wars are shared and synced between all platforms, and all players contribute to its progress. It means PC included.

Games arent harder every win. It depend on how many players reqister to next war. Lost wars are kinda players stupid decision i have on my ps4 screenshot where wars were fought with all 3 factions at once.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

Game is crossplay between Playstation systems. But community is crossplatform. As website state:

With up to four player co-op missions, working together as a team is vital, whether calling in strikes or placing weapons, each action must be totally synchronized to achieve the objectives. This isn’t just a four player co-op game; it’s a co-op game that relies on the global efforts of the entire HELLDIVERS community!

https://helldivers.gamepedia.com/Galactic_Campaign_Records

These are the records of all wars waged by Super Earth, ever since Helldivers launched in March of 2015. Wars are shared and synced between all platforms, and all players contribute to its progress. It means PC included.

Games arent harder every win. It depend on how many players reqister to next war. Lost wars are kinda players stupid decision i have on my ps4 screenshot where wars were fought with all 3 factions at once.

the game is with an average of 600 simultaneous players, but they are well separated, 200 for each kind of enemies, today it is going on attacking insects, but I'm sure we will lose again

1 hour ago, Beliar4 said:

Oh I see, gotcha! Sad that only 600 people are playing then, if those numbers include PC players...

Yes they are.. from their FAQ: 

What is the galactic campaign?
By playing Helldivers, every player in the world participates in a global meta campaign called the Galactic Campaign. Each time a player completes a planet their progress is uploaded and their contribution to the Galactic Campaign will be registered. From time to time, the enemy will try to counterattack, spawning events where you have to defend a city planet from invading enemies. These events give double experience, and should the community fail to defend a planet, the region will be lost. Each Galactic Campaign lasts 4-6 weeks and the challenge of the campaign is dependent on the performance of the entire community in the previous campaign.

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arcesius said:

There is some scaling in place as well. The more wars are won, the harder it becomes to win the next one. Once a war is lost, the next one is again easier to win... But to what extent that scaling really makes things harder I canont say. All 3-4 wars that I participated in were won... 

I suppose It is possible that I just joined in on a series of making the game easier losses but it just seems so unnecessary now.

Honestly if the wininng a war is ever hard make make a session and encourage people from here to join and help with if possible. This past summer we got upwards of about 50 players involved in bringing the ops out of rotation back up on Battlefield 1 for a few days to clinch those trophies. Never know maybe some people will join that are pretty experienced and help with it.

10 minutes ago, Suntropology said:

Is it worht to still beginn this game?

i bought it some time ago, and hoped to get in touch over the christmas days...

any thoughts?

THX

The online trophies are a huge PITA and very luck based to get, plus the Platinum/100% is a massive and extremely tedious grind so personally I wouldn't bother unless you enjoy being bored out of your skull for 120+ hrs.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The online trophies are a huge PITA and very luck based to get, plus the Platinum/100% is a massive and extremely tedious grind so personally I wouldn't bother unless you enjoy being bored out of your skull for 120+ hrs.

OK thanks... :)
right now i dont need one more grindfest game... enough in progress... :(

• 4 weeks later...