Godfall Game Thoughts

Mostwantedtbest

It’s an amazing game but it has a lot of bugs atm. The platinum takes about 30-40 hours to complete for me.

It’s built from the ground up for ps5 and newer pc. Loading times is pretty much instant and performance mode locks the game at 60 fps with occasional stutter due to bugs/glitches.

16 minutes ago, vToySoldiierv_ said:

I have it. I'm really enjoying it, however the trophy for the final boss did not pop which is unfortunate. The trophy list isn't that bad but is grindy it's a lot of kill X amount certain enemies or kill an enemy with poison or something like that.

If the trophies don’t pop properly, you can try these steps. It’s a PS5 bug.

I go offline to make sure that the trophy is actually unlocked with correct time stamp.

Then go back online and do the following:

Settings —> Saved Data and Game/App Settings —> Game Status —> Sync with PlayStation Network.

• Like 1

Even though I overall like the game, I do wish it would be patched to a point where it doesn't crash for me almost every single day I play it. Like if I play for more than a couple hours at once, it will stutter and crash at some point. It's the only game I have to intentionally quit out of when I'm done playing cause it'll crash anyway if I don't.

For the platinum, it's worse than the list looks. That trial 50 trophy is no joke and is secretly the thing you will spend the most time on. All of the other "grindy" trophies can easily be accomplished in service of that damn trophy. You're gonna want to get to level 50, do all 18 dreamstones for skill points, farm decent equipment, and grind for LOTS of electrum in order to upgrade all that good equipment. THEN you can look forward to spending 3-4 hours in a tower that you can still easily die in. The part I'm worried about is the game will absolutely just crash on me, I know it, and there's no checkpoints, you just start back from trial 1. Every other trophy in the game is a cakewalk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seibei4211 said:

Even though I overall like the game, I do wish it would be patched to a point where it doesn't crash for me almost every single day I play it. Like if I play for more than a couple hours at once, it will stutter and crash at some point. It's the only game I have to intentionally quit out of when I'm done playing cause it'll crash anyway if I don't.

For the platinum, it's worse than the list looks. That trial 50 trophy is no joke and is secretly the thing you will spend the most time on. All of the other "grindy" trophies can easily be accomplished in service of that damn trophy. You're gonna want to get to level 50, do all 18 dreamstones for skill points, farm decent equipment, and grind for LOTS of electrum in order to upgrade all that good equipment. THEN you can look forward to spending 3-4 hours in a tower that you can still easily die in. The part I'm worried about is the game will absolutely just crash on me, I know it, and there's no checkpoints, you just start back from trial 1. Every other trophy in the game is a cakewalk.

Yeah the trials is a bit annoying but it’s not that hard once you are geared up for it. Some people are already killing bosses in 1 hit but the monsters can’t get any stronger. Loots and skills are not that great either, too simplified. Path of Exile and Diablo 3 have more depths than Godfall. This game is very shallow atm.

I wish the game will get more content updates but I think the developers are completely silent now. Not sure what they are up to.

The game is crashing and/or enemies not spawning at all. Those two issues forced me to restart the tower runs many times.

Edited by mvpeast

I'd also say to do the tower solo at the moment. I tried it twice in co op and both times we had progress blockers. We couldn't start the elevator and no enemies spawned. Completing the tower solo worked fine for me with no problems. As for difficulty, if you have a good build (yes one that took quite a long time to spec up) it is possible to make it all the way to trial 50. I would advise getting the amulet that prevents a death every 10 minutes. As a pretty average player it saved me a couple of times on my run to trial 50.