Can’t put games in shopping cart through PS App.

Quink666

Am I the only one who have this issue? I have the latest version of the app but can’t put anything in the shopping cart. I just get an error message saying ooops something went wrong. Been like this for days now. Also can’t put games that have a demo (Little Hope) in cart either since there is only a option to download the demo to my console but no option to buy it. The new store and app is dog shit IMO. 

Edited by Quink666

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Am I the only one who have this issue? I have the latest version of the app but can’t put anything in the shopping cart. I just get an error message saying ooops something went wrong. Been like this for days now. Also can’t put games that have a demo (Little Hope) in cart either since there is only a option to download the demo to my console but no option to buy it. The new store and app is dog shit IMO. 

Are you on iOS? Store fronts for PlayStation, Xbox and Steam don't allow you to actually buy anything on iOS devices, since they would had to pay a % cut to Apple for each purchase. It's stupid, but that's the reason why Android versions of Xbox and PlayStation App allow users to shop, while iOS doesn't.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shizo said:

Are you on iOS? Store fronts for PlayStation, Xbox and Steam don't allow you to actually buy anything on iOS devices, since they would had to pay a % cut to Apple for each purchase. It's stupid, but that's the reason why Android versions of Xbox and PlayStation App allow users to shop, while iOS doesn't.

Well, that’s not true.

i just bought Poker Club 15 minutes ago, while on the app on my iPhone.

And for OP i did get that message too earlier when trying to buy poker club, but now as I states I bought it from the app

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HopDreama said:

Well, that’s not true.

i just bought Poker Club 15 minutes ago, while on the app on my iPhone.

And for OP i did get that message too earlier when trying to buy poker club, but now as I states I bought it from the app

Are you sure? That's the whole deal with inability to buy Netflix or Amazon Prime sub on iOS, where they direct you to their website to login.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/28/18159373/netflix-in-app-subscriptions-iphone-ipad-ios-apple

You have to use Apple Pay in order for apps to have "purchases" on iOS, so Apple can have their store front cut. I wonder if and how Sony bypassed it. That was the whole issue with Epic and Fortnite on iOS, where they bypassed Apple and Apple didn't caught it first, then when they discovered Epic offering in-app purchases bypassing Apple, Apple just nuked whole Foretine app from the storefront, hence why there is huge litigation between Epic and Apple for last few months. It might be a case where Sony flew under the radar and Apple not yet assfucked them for offering in-app purchases without Apple Pay, since they have bigger fish to fry with Fortnite right now.

Or maybe they already got caught and you can no longer buy games with most recent PS App, and you haven't updated yet. I am actually curious to know what's the deal with iOS PS App now and if they in fact somehow bypassed Apple policy which Epic couldn't.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shizo said:

Are you sure? That's the whole deal with inability to buy Netflix or Amazon Prime sub on iOS, where they direct you to their website to login.

This doesn't apply to actual stores. It only applies to services that run on that particular device, e.g. Spotify, Netflix etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shizo said:

Yeah i have a iphone 11 or something. 

Just tried to buy something again and i could put 1 item in the cart but when i put a 2nd game in cart i got the same message again. Been having this issue for 4 days now. It's not a big deal since i can use browser or console to buy my games it's just annoying. On browser i can buy Little Hope but the app only allows me to download demo. Anyone now owning the game can try and see if they get the same issue. No option to buy the game only download demo. 

But since i'm home i have now bought it via the PS4.

1 hour ago, Shizo said:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/28/18159373/netflix-in-app-subscriptions-iphone-ipad-ios-apple

You have to use Apple Pay in order for apps to have "purchases" on iOS, so Apple can have their store front cut. I wonder if and how Sony bypassed it. That was the whole issue with Epic and Fortnite on iOS, where they bypassed Apple and Apple didn't caught it first, then when they discovered Epic offering in-app purchases bypassing Apple, Apple just nuked whole Foretine app from the storefront, hence why there is huge litigation between Epic and Apple for last few months. It might be a case where Sony flew under the radar and Apple not yet assfucked them for offering in-app purchases without Apple Pay, since they have bigger fish to fry with Fortnite right now.

Or maybe they already got caught and you can no longer buy games with most recent PS App, and you haven't updated yet. I am actually curious to know what's the deal with iOS PS App now and if they in fact somehow bypassed Apple policy which Epic couldn't.

Yes I’m sure because I did it ^^
I think the example of Fortnite is not the same, you play a game on IOS and you buy currency for that game wich you play on the phone.

but for Sony I buy from their store for a game I can’t use on an iPhone and I think the difference between these scenarios are here.

they can’t ask money for something that is completely a different service on an different platform.