What do you like most about your PS5?

Japanime_Gamer

great system. some good games. just a bit overpriced in some cases. missing some qol features. and some games seem to be automatically backing up save files which is confusing, and a bit worrying. but for the most part it's good, i've played a bit of souls on my other account whilst i wait for my friends to get it, so far so good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

What games have you noticed this on the most?

Demon's Souls in 60FPS mode. I only have Astro Playroom and Demon's Souls as my PS5 games. Can't notice it in Astro Playroom or DS 4K mode, but running DS in 1440p 60FPS mode I can notice slight coil whine.

Also when running Day's Gone in 60FPS mode.

Don't get me wrong, I will take slight coil whine any time over the jet engine that PS4 Pro cooling fan was. It's just a bit disappointing, when Xbox Series X produces less fan noise than PS5 and doesn't have coil whine, while also has finished and feature rich UI/OS.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 1

Controller is pretty great and the load times are so good. Trophy UI is meh and for the love of god, can they make it so the sort trophy selection saves? I have to redo it and choose earned date every time i check my trophies rather than how the PS4 just saved your preference. That plus getting to the trophies is not as great as the ps4, otherwise, its good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shizo said:

Also when running Day's Gone in 60FPS mode.

Sorry if this seems stupid of me but I have got Days gone installed and I dont see a 60 FPS option or any other options on display except for brightness and HDR.

I am running version 1.70 and the install size is 36.91gb

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

it's a good system can't fault it. I will say i find the weird, rumbling sound it makes sometimes a bit strange. almost like the blu ray was forcing an autoplay or something. I did have a disk in for a game I wasn't playing, but it might just be sound carrying through the wood the stand sits on, overall very good though.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Playing Ps4 games is a massive bonus in my opinion, faster loading times provided and improved experience. The transition of external HDD between the 4 and 5 is easy, I've been lucky? with nor problems.

So my answer must be, What I like the most is the BC option. It keeps the ps4 relevant.

Hmm 

The controller (haptic is awesome, triggers are awesome, the controller. Is. Awesome.) 

The loading speeds (wow) 

60+fps (oh hell yes!) 

The only ps5 games I've played are Astros play room and a little bit of bugsnack(which as Chris on sacred symbols podcast accurately described as a fever dream, which I totally agree, don't play unless your mentally sound at the time...)

When I booted up some ps4 games they definitely load faster in everything. But you instantly notice the difference of 60fps with ps5 games and 30fps ps4 games

FFXIV looks great on ps5, and smooth! 

But it doesn't have supersampling, or an update for ps5 so with my Panasonic plasma 1080p TV(still looks better than $1500 led tvs! (oleds with hdmi2.1 though probably not but I don't have the money yet, gonna be a few years)) 

I can't use the ps4pro settings yet on ffxiv because of having a 1080p TV. 

I hope they add supersampling to the ps5 soon

And that a lottt of ps4 games add ps5 support like the Witcher 3 and other games are planning. Even if it's just for 60fps :drools:

Negatives 

The UI, I instantly missed the ps4 UI

Some things are better, I like the cards and trophy progress plus others including hints, and the separation of games and media. 

But the game icons are sooooo damn small, and I'm not sure why. 

There's more to the UI I don't like, but I'm presuming they're going to be tweaking it for the next few months and years until it's perfect. But it's not on par with the ps4 UI imo. 

I'm really just bummed there's not enough ps4 games that can take more advantage of the PS5 with ps4pro features if you have a 1080p TV atm. I didn't think I'd have to worry about that and it'd be more like getting a much beefier ps4pro(which I skipped). 

Worth the price? Yes! I was smiling ear to ear with Astros playroom, with all the nostalgia they threw in and how awesome the controller is in that game(it may be a year before we see the same amount of awesome perfect dualsense use in other games like in Astros playroom, it's that well implemented) 

Worth spending more than the retail amount? 

If you have a beautiful expensive oled hdmi2.1 TV, maybe yeah if you have the money. But if not, just wait, it's ok to wait. The features will only increase in time. 

If you don't have the funds (I didn't but debt is my name) or you can't secure one, it's ok. More will come and just save up. 

But if you can secure one for retail amount and you have the money, do it. You probably won't regret it

• Like 1

The load speeds, Miles Morales only takes about 40 seconds from booting a fully powered off PS5 until I'm actually playing. The controller is sublime. It's so quiet in operation, and runs really cool too. The UI is very slick and responsive, and the soothing ambient music that plays in the dashboard and menus is cool. Astro is one of the best launch games ever, and it's free!

Edited by FevreDreamer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

Lastly on the PS4 when we unlocked a trophy the system would take a screenshot to capture the moment, but now on PS5 we get a short video of the event and I LOVE that...

As well as the screenshot or instead of the screenshot? My buddy and I like to send each other screenshots of our Platinums.

17 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

keeps me entertained all night long just like @lilpain97's mum!

Hello, 911? Yes, I've just witnessed a murder.

3 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

As well as the screenshot or instead of the screenshot? My buddy and I like to send each other screenshots of our Platinums.

On a PS5 it is a short 6-7 second video of the trophy being unlocked and if you then viewed that trophy on a PS4 it is displayed as a screenshot same as it was before.

I can confirm that as I have just checked trophies I earned on PS5 last night by checking on both consoles.

The trophy layout on PS4 is completely different to that of PS5 at this time and trophies seem less important to SONY on the PS5 due to that new layout and the very much subdued pop sound. 

Upcoming firmware will likely patch that though.

We do get a 'reputation' type feedback system now similar to what the Xbox has had for years.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

While the PS5 console is very good and has very fast loading screen times and making it easier to go by. However, Sony has a few flaws.

Cons; It has no USB backup and Sony fuck us all. Only on PS Plus can only do that. It has no customized theme, absolute disappointing. Trophy image when earned looks bland and tacky, PS4 trophy image when earned looks way better. 

• Like 1