What do you like most about your PS5?

Japanime_Gamer

For me it’s all the time I save not waiting around gif loading. That’s massive for people with limited game time.

Next to that it’s the PS Plus Collection. Several games I never hit around to.
The controller is great too. Really excited for what comes from that.

bad point - I started to notice a slight noise akin to vibration. Maybe the coil whine people have been mentioning. But, funny thing is, if I very slightly push the two face plates together the noise disappears. So I’m thinking the hook mechanism they use for attaching those face plates can lead to them becoming slightly misaligned perhaps. That, or my hands where just dampening the vibration.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

While the PS5 console is very good and has very fast loading screen times and making it easier to go by. However, Sony has a few flaws.

Cons; It has no USB backup and Sony fuck us all. Only on PS Plus can only do that. It has no customized theme, absolute disappointing. Trophy image when earned looks bland and tacky, PS4 trophy image when earned looks way better. 

You don't have one do you

Too much giphy-downsized-large.gif

gave it away

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

For me it’s all the time I save not waiting around gif loading. That’s massive for people with limited game time.

Next to that it’s the PS Plus Collection. Several games I never hit around to.
The controller is great too. Really excited for what comes from that.

bad point - I started to notice a slight noise akin to vibration. Maybe the coil whine people have been mentioning. But, funny thing is, if I very slightly push the two face plates together the noise disappears. So I’m thinking the hook mechanism they use for attaching those face plates can lead to them becoming slightly misaligned perhaps. That, or my hands where just dampening the vibration.

I havnt noticed any 'Whine' noise and wouldnt know what coil whine sounded like unless i heard it (cant say that I have before from any electrical appliance?)

My only 'Issue' after 5 days of use is if i have a disc inserted the disc tray will spin up really fast and really loud every hour irrespective to whether I am playing that disc or not, I could be on the dashboard doing nothing, or playing a digital game, every hour (I havnt timed it bit thats my best guess) it will spin up for 20 seconds and then stop.

This only happens if there is a game disc inserted.

Looking forward to some new console updates to hopefully iron out our 'Issues'.

Other than that I love it, I cannot stress just how fast games load now... its insane.

Edit: For the record I have not played any games that would push the system, I have mostly been playing Yakuza 0, FF15 and Shenmue, so my comment about no coil whine noise is currently a mute point.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

Really fast loading screen ( I've only played Astro, Demon's Souls, COD Cold War ), but the main improvement is the controller. 

Sadly everytime i play more than a hour i can smell burnt plastic. Some videos have showed that the memory reaches ~95°C (while playing Astro). That can't be good.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmggkW6usmQ&t=1491s&ab_channel=GamersNexus

Edited by Lyukaa

- It's quiet- My PS4 Pro sounded like a jet plane

- I love how fast everything loads

- I love how vibrant and intense the graphics and colors are so vivid

- I love the controller

- I love the fact that when I turn my tv on to PS5, it automatically turns the system on without pressing anything

- I absolutely love the charging station

Pros:

- Astro's Playroom

- Controller is great (but I do not like the placement of the PS button, I think they should've swapped it with the mute button)

- Loading speed of PS5 games

- Activity cards that can jump you straight into a specific part of the game are amazing. Every game should have a "load your most recent save" card. It would basically be the same thing as Xbox's quick resume, for me (since I would never switch to another game without making sure I've saved/auto-saved first)

- Crazy design makes me laugh internally every time I look at it

Cons:

- I want more Astro's Playroom

- UI needs improvement ASAP, at least to bring back features that were available on PS4

- I thought PS4 games would load super-fast, instead of just somewhat faster than PS4.

- My unit makes an audible rattling/buzzing noise when ANY game is running. Not sure if it's fan noise or coil whine or both. Anyway, I can't hear it at all when music is playing, but it makes me nervous.

- Companies insisting on showing 5 company logos every time you start a game kinda negate the benefits of the initial loading speed. Can't they just display their logos on the big background image on the home screen?

• Like 1

Love how quiet it is, especially after 6 years of a base PS4 - loved my PS4 of course, but whenever I played a game made in the past few years, it would go into jet engine mode within 5-10 minutes. PS5 is just so quiet even after hours of play at a time.

I also love the controller, familiar enough to what I was already used to but with extra features!

Loading speeds are incredible

I'm not fully used to the UI yet, still like it, but I think it will still grow on me more as I get more and more familiar with it.

Cons?

There might be a way to do this that I haven't figured out yet but on the PS4 I liked holding the PS button and then using the menu that comes up to turn off console via controller.

And of course, no Knack 3

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

On a PS5 it is a short 6-7 second video of the trophy being unlocked and if you then viewed that trophy on a PS4 it is displayed as a screenshot same as it was before.

Well that's disappointing. I wish they offered the video and a screenshot on PS5. No reason why that wouldn't be possible.

14 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

I havnt noticed any 'Whine' noise and wouldnt know what coil whine sounded like unless i heard it (cant say that I have before from any electrical appliance?)

My only 'Issue' after 5 days of use is if i have a disc inserted the disc tray will spin up really fast and really loud every hour irrespective to whether I am playing that disc or not, I could be on the dashboard doing nothing, or playing a digital game, every hour (I havnt timed it bit thats my best guess) it will spin up for 20 seconds and then stop.

This only happens if there is a game disc inserted.

Looking forward to some new console updates to hopefully iron out our 'Issues'.

Other than that I love it, I cannot stress just how fast games load now... its insane.

Edit: For the record I have not played any games that would push the system, I have mostly been playing Yakuza 0, FF15 and Shenmue, so my comment about no coil whine noise is currently a mute point.

Hey, I think all of my ps3's and ps4's also did this so I always removed the disc if I wasn't using it.

9 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey, I think all of my ps3's and ps4's also did this so I always removed the disc if I wasn't using it.

Never had it happen before in several PS4's or the PS3 I owned.

After a quick google search it does appear to be an issue that quite a few people are experiencing, lots of info popped up when I searched.

We just had another patch drop and that didnt fix my issue, I am guessing they are tackling peoples problems where their console switches off whilst playing games first and rightly so.

The controller, like seriously they didn't disappoint us with it, the haptics feedback and adaptive triggers is a game changer and I can't wait to see more on future games. 

Also the UI not lagging anymore, thank god.

There's also a few flaws but we really shouldn't worry much, the console is really new and theres still years ahead of us for them to change things.

20 hours ago, peffsi said:

My unit makes an audible rattling/buzzing noise when ANY game is running. Not sure if it's fan noise or coil whine or both. Anyway, I can't hear it at all when music is playing, but it makes me nervous.

Might sound strange, but next time try gently pressing the tip of each faceplate forwards each other and see if the vibration stops. Mine did the same. I think maybe the way the faceplate slot in can lead to them becoming a little loose. Interested to know if it’s just mine.

15 hours ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

Never had it happen before in several PS4's or the PS3 I owned.

After a quick google search it does appear to be an issue that quite a few people are experiencing, lots of info popped up when I searched.

We just had another patch drop and that didnt fix my issue, I am guessing they are tackling peoples problems where their console switches off whilst playing games first and rightly so.

Well I have definitely experienced this with the PS3 and PS4, the fat slim and super slim ps3 for. I thought and think this is normal for pretty much any console, logic would suggest remove the disc if you're not using it.

7 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Well I have definitely experienced this with the PS3 and PS4, the fat slim and super slim ps3 for. I thought and think this is normal for pretty much any console, logic would suggest remove the disc if you're not using it.

Sorry but logic would suggest there is a problem and it will get a patch.

Every hour to the minute the disc tray spins up to maximum speed regardless to what I am doing on the system at that time.

There are a lot of reports about this online with many others having the same problem with their PS5's.

Yes I can remove the disc to stop it happening but then I cant play my disc games :)

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

Absolutely loving it. It's quiet, the loading screens are awesomely fast. Being a PC player, it's nothing new to me... but still nice to get on a console.

The controller is great and feels quite comfortable in my hands.

The Playstation Plus Collection is incredible... Playing Day's Gone and Until Dawn with +60 framerates... ?

Can't wait to see what's coming next.

• Like 2

I love how quiet it is compared to my PS4. I previously had to constantly use my headphones, 'cause the noise was unbearable. I apparently had one of the first models of PS4 Pro that had some thermal paste problems and the console was overheating all the time.

I absolutely hate the new UI. The separate "media" section is unnecessary. To this day I wonder who watches youtube or Netlfix on their PS5, since we all have smart tvs anyway. I cannot wrap my head around turning on one device that can already do this thing and then another one just because inception I guess. I was hyped because I thought they would allow users to watch youtube picture-in-picture while playing the game. This would be an amazing feature for an in-game farming and grind, but no... they only allow this function for one very specific thing most of the users won't ever use.

The best proof of how messy and convoluted the new UI is, is the video of a streamer who tried rage quitting Demon's Souls but could not find the option to close the game...

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 2