What do you like most about your PS5?

Japanime_Gamer

On 11/25/2020 at 7:19 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Might sound strange, but next time try gently pressing the tip of each faceplate forwards each other and see if the vibration stops. Mine did the same. I think maybe the way the faceplate slot in can lead to them becoming a little loose. Interested to know if it’s just mine.

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried this and it doesn't affect the noise at all. But I have seen others say their noise stopped when they press on the faceplates.

I think I got a bad fan, or it's not seated/secured properly, or it needs dampeners (people have mentioned o-rings).

I also noticed actual coil whine for the first time, while running FF7 Remake.. high-pitched squealing that could change pitch. Definitely coil whine. Still can't hear it in normal circumstances, though. And the next time I ran that game, there was no coil whine. *shrug*

Edited by peffsi
  • Like 1

I love the load times and I love how it runs PS4 games better than the PS4 did, but what I really love is the controller.  That being said though, really worried about developers not utilizing it like they could.  First game I played through was Astro's Playroom, and it was amazing.  The most wowing time I've had on the console has come from just using the controller while playing that game.  Next was Miles Morales...and it barely does anything with the haptic feedback.  And to my point, that's even 1st party.  Now I'm playing AC Valhalla.  It's a good game, I like it, but it does nothing with the controller. 

Hopefully developers saw the reactions to the controller's features in Astro's Playroom, and they'll keep that in mind, how much that extra work can pay off.  If not all developers then, at least, 1st party.  Hopefully.  But, I'm worried.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cherrywood said:

I love the load times and I love how it runs PS4 games better than the PS4 did, but what I really love is the controller.  That being said though, really worried about developers not utilizing it like they could.  First game I played through was Astro's Playroom, and it was amazing.  The most wowing time I've had on the console has come from just using the controller while playing that game.  Next was Miles Morales...and it barely does anything with the haptic feedback.  And to my point, that's even 1st party.  Now I'm playing AC Valhalla.  It's a good game, I like it, but it does nothing with the controller. 

Hopefully developers saw the reactions to the controller's features in Astro's Playroom, and they'll keep that in mind, how much that extra work can pay off.  If not all developers then, at least, 1st party.  Hopefully.  But, I'm worried.

I was a little worried, but I think now that devs have had more time with the controller and Astros playroom which to me is a dev 'what it can do' and consumer game, they're going to have someone on the dev teams focus on it. I mean it couldn't have taken a short period of time to get Astros playroom to be so amazing with the controller, I'm sure there was a LOT of trial and error. If Sony pretty much hands them the coding for each thing they did in that game, I think in a year a LOT of games are going to take advantage of it. 

Of course Astros playroom may be the pinnacle for a long time, I expect patches and built from the ground up features in newer games. 

Devs just need people with the experience of haptics etc, and I think that will take time for those people to learn and then be hired. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I was a little worried, but I think now that devs have had more time with the controller and Astros playroom which to me is a dev 'what it can do' and consumer game, they're going to have someone on the dev teams focus on it. I mean it couldn't have taken a short period of time to get Astros playroom to be so amazing with the controller, I'm sure there was a LOT of trial and error. If Sony pretty much hands them the coding for each thing they did in that game, I think in a year a LOT of games are going to take advantage of it. 

Of course Astros playroom may be the pinnacle for a long time, I expect patches and built from the ground up features in newer games. 

Devs just need people with the experience of haptics etc, and I think that will take time for those people to learn and then be hired. 

Yeah, I certainly hope you're right.  And it's certainly possible.  With how much of a wow factor there is with playing Playroom, really, within about 5 seconds, and if Sony lets it known how they did it, hopefully devs are going to want that for themselves (at least with the 1st and 2nd party exclusive games; 3rd party games, would be great if they do it, but usually they care most about hitting the lowest common denominator across the platforms).

I'm a pessimist by nature, but I really hope that you're right.

• Like 1

I like that it‘s just QUIET.

Even more quiet than my PS3 Slim.

Both on the Launch PS4 and the Launch PS4 Pro model i changed the thermal paste.

They got a bit quieter for 2-3 months and went right back into jet mode.

The PS5 in that way is really that, what i hopped for.

Sony designed a brilliant cooling system.

It doesn‘t matter if i play PS5 or PS4 games, it just stays quiet.

If it comes to features for me, the star of the show so far is (almost obvious) the DualSense Controller.

The adaptive tiggers make you feel much more involved in the game.

Can‘t wait for more Games to take use of it.

Edited by Jeffboy24
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, Japanime_Gamer said:

Sorry but logic would suggest there is a problem and it will get a patch.

Every hour to the minute the disc tray spins up to maximum speed regardless to what I am doing on the system at that time.

There are a lot of reports about this online with many others having the same problem with their PS5's.

Yes I can remove the disc to stop it happening but then I cant play my disc games :)

I take back everything I've said on the topic, It is actually a problem. Has anything changed? I had the this on Ps3 and PS4 and thought it was natural, apparently it's not. I just always take out the disc now because of it. On my OG PS4 it still does it, On the Pro and MG5 limited editions it doesn't. On my slim Ps3 it's a problem, on my super slim it's not. It looks like the same with the PS5 and for some it's a problem and some it's not. How annoying 

Backwards compatibility. Really, having the opportunity to keep my PS4 library, but play the games on a faster and more capable system has meant I'm getting a lot more use out of the console than I would've otherwise. I've already finished 3 games on it, and all were PS4 titles. Since it's going to be a while before I get many PS5 titles, that's definitely going to come in handy.

On a day to day basis, though, I really like the responsiveness of the system. From the moment I press the power button it feels fast and responsive, and doesn't lag or get bogged down. It just lets me get into the game / media and gets out of the way otherwise. Being able to be ingame, hit Switcher, and be at the title screen of another game (granted, pressing X to skip the initial logos) in 5 or so seconds is something I'm still not used to. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:26 AM, Japanime_Gamer said:

My only 'Issue' after 5 days of use is if i have a disc inserted the disc tray will spin up really fast and really loud every hour irrespective to whether I am playing that disc or not, I could be on the dashboard doing nothing, or playing a digital game, every hour (I havnt timed it bit thats my best guess) it will spin up for 20 seconds and then stop.

So I'm not the only one having this issue? Mines been doing the same thing basically since launch, it can get kinda annoying after a while. Normally I can't hear it when I'm actually in game, but like you were saying, even if you're just chill'n on the dashboard and not even playing the game in the disk tray it'll spin up pretty loud for a bit and settle back down. Other than that my PS5 has been running smoothly, games look amazing and loading times are almost non-existent in most games. The dualsense has been a treat to play with, feels weird when I have to boot up my PS4 with the DS4 now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I take back everything I've said on the topic, It is actually a problem. Has anything changed? I had the this on Ps3 and PS4 and thought it was natural, apparently it's not. I just always take out the disc now because of it. On my OG PS4 it still does it, On the Pro and MG5 limited editions it doesn't. On my slim Ps3 it's a problem, on my super slim it's not. It looks like the same with the PS5 and for some it's a problem and some it's not. How annoying 

Nothing has changed yet, more and more people are mentioning it too. I wouldnt say it was rife but it is not isolated either.

I still think a patch will fix it but I have no idea why one hasnt yet been released.

32 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Can't say the same for the actual physical hardware. It's quirky but whatever.

Not seen many people really like the new hardware but IMO it's nice. I love that the design has fallen away from the typical console shapes. Plus the white panels are beautiful, would still love to see a black version though. 

Doesn't help most of us have had black consoles all these years and now the white looks wierd in an entertainment setup.