What do you like most about your PS5?

Japanime_Gamer

I've been playing for weeks and I'm still in wonder with the Dualsense. I felt like a kid playing Astros Playroom and Spiderman. Even FIFA got a nice update, which is a sentence I have not said in years.

Other than that, the loading speed. Booting Spiderman is genuinely impressive.

bmg_ps.png

• Like 2

I like how all my games load in about 3 seconds for games i usto wait a few minutes now take 10 seconds or less also i love the fact that i don't hear a airplane in my room the menu doesn't lag as much if at all iv got it to freeze a few times & lag hard but only because i was trying to make it lag but in normal use its just fine haven't had problems yet there's a few features that i want to return it feels lonely often because of how hard they made it to find new people so i have been playing with friends & nobody else :) 

Few things for me.... 

The pad is great, the feel of it and just how comfortable it felt from day one. Also loved the feel of playing Astro with the pad.

The backward compatibility is a huge plus..I still had a bunch of PS4 games to complete so being able to do this without switching to ps4 is a big help.

Another thing which was immediately noticeable was how quiet it is in comparison to my PS4....the ol' ps sounded like a jet engine, the PS5 is barely audible so no more complaining that the Wife can't hear whatever she's watching.

I started Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 and finished on PS5 the graphics upscaled pretty nicely and the loading times were an improvement which was also nice,

Less thrilled by the new UI just cause it's quite different and the lack of folders isn't great and also the intermittent losing of connection that requires a restart but it starts up so quick it doesn't really seem to matter and the other things are trivial.

Only played Astro of the PS5 games thus far so can only speak for the ps4 games I've played.

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44

Sold my PS5 for now, mainly for 3 reasons (in order of importance to me personally)

1. The disc drive spinning up to maximum speed every hour was unbearable and with no patch to fix it after a whole month... 

2. I have got a PS4 Pro and I only own PS4 games at this time, I am aware of the benefits of playing those games on a PS5 vs a PS4 Pro but they are not THAT life changing IMO.

3. I made a profit on the PS5, I didnt sell it on E-bay for £1000 I sold it locally for £150 profit, and have no regrets (buyer knew about my noisy disc drive and didnt seem to care so all is good).

The PS5 is a fantastic system, or at least it will be... but for now, honestly? patience is a virtue, and if you get one that is buggy like I did then you might understand that better.

I sympathise with anyone that has paid £800+ and ends up with a buggy/noisy PS5, as they most certainly do exist.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

I'm not even playing ps5 games just yet because the trophy picture is HUGE and its gonna ruin the symmetry of my trophy list.

The only thing I like about is playing GoT: Legends at 60 fps, apart from that, there's nothing else I like

And the fact that there's no "Activity" Section, just a bland small icons of games and media. I like seeing what my friends and "Friends" are up to. I prefer the ps4 UI more than the crappy Windows layout of ps5

Edited by K-e-r-c-k

• 2 weeks later...

My personal favorite thing out of everything is that it's giving the PS4 new life.  PS4 has probably been my favorite console since the Super Nintendo, and lve grown up with all of them.  Such a great selection of games and a lot of them get a performance boost on PS5.  I know many people wanted full backwards compatibility, but l think that was always an unrealistic expectation.  PS4 lives on in PS5!

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Grammar

The PS4 backwards compatibility. It's amazing that I'm able to play all of my games on it.

I absolutely love how silent it is. My PS4 sounded like a jet ready to take off every time I'd play some of the "bigger" games.

The fast loading times are a huge plus as well.

• Like 1

Really like the controller, speed of everything etc, but Christ... I miss the PS4 UI. It's like the designers all got in a room and put down the coolest, smartest, best ideas on one bit of paper. Then everything that would ruin the experience and be user unfriendly on another paper.... and accidentally handed in the latter.

Edited by OpenScars

Ive had mine since day 1(disc version), the whisper quiet console, the insane load times and snappy performance of the UI and built in store. The controller is amazing also. They laid the ground work for the PS5 to have incredible features. It is lacking a lot of cool social features though, it really needs a lot of social updates.

Edited by Kal-El457

2 hours ago, jenny_232 said:

The PS4 backwards compatibility. It's amazing that I'm able to play all of my games on it.

I absolutely love how silent it is. My PS4 sounded like a jet ready to take off every time I'd play some of the "bigger" games.

The fast loading times are a huge plus as well.

Yeah same for me still, And I'm not sure but I do think some games look better even without updates.

• Like 1