Another Dead By Daylight PS5 Trophy Question

I was wondering if anyone could help clarify a question I had in regards to Dead By Daylight on PS5/PS4. Specifically, I’ve been working on the “Taking One For The Team” trophy on PS4 for what seems like AGES. I was lucky enough to snag a PS5 and have installed the PS4 version of Dead By Daylight on my PS5. I was wondering if anyone knew if trophy progress carries over from console to console i.e. is it server side and it doesn’t matter which console I play on?

if anyone has an example of another trophy popping in Dead By Daylight across different consoles, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Edited by UrbanGoblin
Clarity

Thanks for the responses! 

I understand that the PS4 and PS5 lists are different. With the PS5, you can install PS4 versions of the game, which I did. My specific question is in regard to progress towards a trophy between consoles.

For example, if you did 49 out of 50 heals while wounded on your PS4, and then played DbD on a second PS4 and did one more heal while wounded, would the trophy pop since the progress is tied to the server, or is it tied to a console via data on that console?

I apologize for the lack of clarity on my first post but hope that makes more sense.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, UrbanGoblin said:

For example, if you did 49 out of 50 heals while wounded on your PS4, and then played DbD on a second PS4 and did one more heal while wounded, would the trophy pop since the progress is tied to the server, or is it tied to a console via data on that console?

I apologize for the lack of clarity on my first post but hope that makes more sense.

Okay I see how you mean! I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess I would think that the individual trophy progress would not carry over, given the discussion on the other thread. Again, this is speculation but I hope someone is able to give you a solid answer! I don't know that I will be necessarily picking this up for PS5 as well, but this would be helpful to know just in case ?

• Like 1

If you have 49/50 heal downed survivors progression for a trophy, and then you were to boot the game up on another ps4 system, the next time you heal a downed survivor the trophy would pop. I can’t say for sure that it would work for a PS4 progression to a PS5. But I know it works across 2 different PS4 profiles, as I’ve managed to get numerous trophies by playing at home & then continuing at a mates place. Your game file is saved to an online server, hence why there is no local save data for the game on your PS4.

hope this helps...

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, Batman_Karnage said:

If you have 49/50 heal downed survivors progression for a trophy, and then you were to boot the game up on another ps4 system, the next time you heal a downed survivor the trophy would pop. I can’t say for sure that it would work for a PS4 progression to a PS5. But I know it works across 2 different PS4 profiles, as I’ve managed to get numerous trophies by playing at home & then continuing at a mates place. Your game file is saved to an online server, hence why there is no local save data for the game on your PS4.

hope this helps...

That’s what I was hoping to hear! I’d be surprised if it didn’t work the same way on a PS4 > PS5, but I can’t know for sure unless someone else has scored a trophy that way. Thanks for the feedback!