Trophy Thoughts?

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

31 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Looks nothing really difficult but grindy. Of course it’s a free-to-play so expect that...

Pretty sure it not free-to-play. You can pre-purchase it on Steam for 15-20 dollar. 

1 hour ago, x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx said:

Another Worms game. And the list was very grindy.

There is the trophy for reaching level 50 and it takes like 100+ hours.

Very different Worms game since its real time and not turn-based. I played the beta, lots of fun :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Pretty sure it not free-to-play. You can pre-purchase it on Steam for 15-20 dollar. 

Well excuse me then. That’s even worse so the game will go DOA already. It may be fun, but the hardcore Worms fans aren’t pleased and will abandon ship very quickly. Just like all other “live service” games, the best strategy is being free to play with optional microtransactions to support development and maintain the servers. As the game doesn’t have much good impression among fans, making it free is a better solution to bring in curious newcomers and unconditional fans together.

Destruction All-Stars, this multiplayer destruction derby game, was initially priced for an absolute crazy 70$ and planned at launch. With the lack of news and gameplay footage, plus the bad look of potential microtransactions for a full priced game (which is a big fat NO), this game was definitely set to be DOA. Hopefully, Sony did a smart move by pushing the release date way to February and will offer the game for free for PS+ members. This is how it should be in a saturated world of online multiplayer games where first impression matters.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

7 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

What made WMD a nightmare? I personally enjoyed it after being turned off by Battlegrounds. I might give Rumble a chance, since I enjoyed the shooter spin off from PVZ.

Honestly, the sub goals ruined it all for me. It was such a slog, I think I still have 1-2 levels to go for the plat. Never got myself to finish it.

The thing is, guides for it are obsolete as they patched the game in a way where the enemies do completely different things now. So to even follow a guide, I had to play without patches.

It’s a good game for what it’s worth, just a complete nightmare to plat.

I know you wrote the trophy guide for it over here though, so cheers for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Honestly, the sub goals ruined it all for me. It was such a slog, I think I still have 1-2 levels to go for the plat. Never got myself to finish it.

The thing is, guides for it are obsolete as they patched the game in a way where the enemies do completely different things now. So to even follow a guide, I had to play without patches.

It’s a good game for what it’s worth, just a complete nightmare to plat.

I know you wrote the trophy guide for it over here though, so cheers for that.

That’s completely understandable. I’m not judging, but I’m surprised that you didn’t finish it, despite being so close. Personally, I would’ve slogged through the sub-goals if not for the absolute nightmare that is ranked multiplayer in 2020. I tried boosting and doing it legitimately. When I tried, I got matched up against an Armageddon rank (highest rank) player at Prod Rank (the lowest rank) during my first game. When I tried boosting, my rank got reset after restarting my application to match up with my booster, despite other people telling me it’s not buggy. 

Sorry for the short rant, but Tl;Dr: Sheep Rank is nearly impossible legitimately, and a pain to boost. As for the guides being obsolete, I’m considering raising mine’s difficulty because of that part of the update coming to my attention.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

That’s completely understandable. I’m not judging, but I’m surprised that you didn’t finish it, despite being so close. Personally, I would’ve slogged through the sub-goals if not for the absolute nightmare that is ranked multiplayer in 2020. I tried boosting and doing it legitimately. When I tried, I got matched up against an Armageddon rank (highest rank) player at Prod Rank (the lowest rank) during my first game. When I tried boosting, my rank got reset after restarting my application to match up with my booster, despite other people telling me it’s not buggy. 

Sorry for the short rant, but Tl;Dr: Sheep Rank is nearly impossible legitimately, and a pain to boost. As for the guides being obsolete, I’m considering raising mine’s difficulty because of that part of the update coming to my attention.

Yeah man, even boosting it was a nightmare. I never quit the game once because of this, so essentially we had to do a multiple hour long session iirc to not risk losing our rank. Your situation seems even worse though, I never even tried doing it legit. 

i agree with raising the difficulty. I think it’s 6/10 now, I’d much rather give it 7/10 now.

I might go back and try the game again, I don’t exactly know what I’m missing but it’s definitely only a couple levels. Maybe the Ro Ping level and the ones after it. Thankfully I have a disc copy so I can still play without patches, but it is annoying having to do that.

Also, I found it hilarious and kinda sad that the easy trophies for finishing the tutorial etc, are all gold, while the one for sub goals isn bronze :( 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 0:42 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Looks nothing really difficult but grindy. Of course it’s a free-to-play so expect that...

Edit: I didn’t know it was a paid game. My bad.

Well you were right just that in a different way. It's free for PS Plus for PS5.

On 11/24/2020 at 0:01 AM, x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx said:

Another Worms game. And the list was very grindy.

There is the trophy for reaching level 50 and it takes like 100+ hours.

congratulations 100 posts.

On 26.11.2020 at 3:11 PM, shlomaniac said:

Looks easy and the beta was fun.

The catch here is to get to level 50 before the month ends. 

If they do any xp boost weekend , its a wrap.

There is no Season Pass or anything like that. So you have time for Lv. 50.

Getting weapons to level 10 may take a while but it doesn’t seem to be a huge deal. Played it for 2 hours and I’m level 8, my highest level weapon is the shotgun at level 6, you earn XP by simply having it selected. I’m enjoying the game so I might as well keep at it and see how long it’ll take.