Crafter/Gatherer Trophy Issues

Hello, since there is no topic to collectively clear up the issues and questions about the crafter/gatherer trophies, I created this one.

For the 1000x fishing trophy we know that fish caught in expansions wont count towards progression, this includes Mor Dhona and Coerthas.

Is this Information completely true? I for example caught 1045 fish in total until I got the Trophy, at least 150-200 of them I caught in Shadowbringers alone.

Additionally i caught 125 fish with spearfishing which is a seperate number, does spearfishing count towards progession for the trophy?

Are there any similar issues known with the other gatherer/crafter job trophies?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, xXNanaki24Xx said:

Hello, since there is no topic to collectively clear up the issues and questions about the crafter/gatherer trophies, I created this one.

For the 1000x fishing trophy we know that fish caught in expansions wont count towards progression, this includes Mor Dhona and Coerthas.

Is this Information completely true? I for example caught 1045 fish in total until I got the Trophy, at least 150-200 of them I caught in Shadowbringers alone.

Additionally i caught 125 fish with spearfishing which is a seperate number, does spearfishing count towards progession for the trophy?

Are there any similar issues known with the other gatherer/crafter job trophies?

Where did you get this information? The total fish caught, trees chopped, ores mined, and items crafted are tied to in-game achievements, and trophies are linked accordingly. It does not make sense that it does not count expansion areas.

As far as I know, I know someone who I play with regularly, who got the trophy for Leatherworker in the Firmament with a craft regarding Ishgard Restoration so I don't really think it matters if you do expansion crafts or not.

14 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

I'm not sure if the fishing expeditions count (from Limsa, every 2 irl hours)

If you are talking about Ocean Fishing, no, the fish you catch in the fishing routes in Ocean Fishing do not count towards the achievement or trophy. I am living proof of this, I caught over 1000 fish and half of them were from the ocean fishing trips and the trophy did not pop, I had to catch the remaining 500 fish in the waters of Eorzea normally, which was annoying. :(

Just popping in to clarify this.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shiva said:

Where did you get this information? The total fish caught, trees chopped, ores mined, and items crafted are tied to in-game achievements, and trophies are linked accordingly. It does not make sense that it does not count expansion areas.

As far as I know, I know someone who I play with regularly, who got the trophy for Leatherworker in the Firmament with a craft regarding Ishgard Restoration so I don't really think it matters if you do expansion crafts or not.

Because some of us did fish in the expansion areas and watched the achievement go well past 1000 with no trophy popping. I switched over to Costa Del Sol, caught another 300-400 fish and then the trophy finally popped.

Why they did that, no one knows, but a lot of us have made that mistake as proof.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

To wrap things up, here is what I noticed for those Trophies:

There is no ingame achievement coupled to those trophies. Fishers can keep track through the fishing book (sorry, i don't know the english name for it, Feel free to tell me so i can edit it in.) 

What I did for Fishing:

I mainly Focused on leveling to 80 through class quests and collectables, i went to two Ocean fishing tours within that time which could be the reason I did not get the Trophy at 1000 catches. Avoid Ocean fishing or write down how many you got from it, they most likely do not count towards the trophy. 

For the expansions, I'm pretty sure a huge part counts towards the trophy since I caught about 200 in Shadowbringers Crystarium. (from 800 total to 1000 total, then I noticed the trophy didn't pop) I then caught 45 more in Costa del Sol, where the trophy finally popped.

Miner & Botanist:

Its harder to keep track of those trophies but they are alot faster to get. 

I focused mainly on leveling through class quests and a few levequests. The trophy popped somewhere in early coerthas (heavensward). I would say the expansions count towards progression, but either way, Miner and Botanist are not a hassle at all.

I hope this will help someone :D