Red Dead Online (Standalone) releasing December 1st

GUDGER666

Wasn’t there a rumour a few days ago that a remake of RDR was releasing in an “Outlaws Collection” with RDR2?

I guess that stemmed from a misinterpretation of someone seeing that RDR2 discs will be rebranded as a bundle containing single player RDR2 + RDR Online?

EDIT: Looked it up, if it was fake the boxart still looks pretty legit..

https://mobile.twitter.com/GameLeaksRumors/status/1330155217850077186/photo/2

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

I wonder if this will do to RDR2 what happened with Final Fantasy XV, where a new separate trophy list for the standalone online mode made it impossible to 100% the original trophy list (without complicated workarounds), because all of the online trophies were only applied to the new list.

Edited by skyships
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, skyships said:

I wonder if this will do to RDR2 what happened with Final Fantasy XV, where a new separate trophy list for the standalone online mode made it impossible to 100% the original trophy list (without complicated workarounds), because all of the online trophies were only applied to the new list.

Don't think so. Rockstar just want to diversify their earnings and the RDR2 servers will be ok, since many people already own the base game, so they just want people to jump into the Online to make more cash. Both versions should be compatible though. But in the case of trophies well... May be yes, a separate list for those too, with a new DLC list much probably. The same can happen for GTA V with a new location and game mode is going to be added (pretty speculative, because then the PS3 version should be updated too... which I highly doubt it). So, I guess this going to be the biggest thing before they jump into the new generation. 

• Like 1

On 30.11.2020 at 5:29 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Any idea if the MP in base game pre standalome will still be available

I just saw this, havent touched rdr2 since launch.... And seeing standalone for Anything like this makes me think back to comrades ( ffxv) mp - became unavailable from base game.

well I don't know anything about ffxv but I highly doubt that they're going to remove the mp from the main game, for one obvious reason: they make the mp standalone because it's dead. the playerbase isn't even remotely as high as the one in gta online. this is most likely going to be the same like that black ops 3 multiplayer only version that activision released back in the day. the exact same multiplayer, nothing changed nothing added only that you can buy the mp alone without the singleplayer (who in their right mind would want to do that??) for a cheaper price.

Love if the rumour of the remaster of both games was true and the MP trophy list would instead be standalone, then I'd give both a shot on PS.

Then maybe they could do it with GTA IV and V as well.

Too much to hope, I know. I've already played these games on other systems anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Then maybe they could do it with GTA IV and V as well.

GTA V has enough. Rockstar basically cashed in on GTA Online for nearly an entire generation until RDR 2 came out. The Doomsday Heist just sounds like utter torture. 

GTA IV would have to be revamped. Enjoyed it for what it was back on the Xbox 360 when I played it a decade ago. Pigeons were some of the worst collectibles I ever gone for in gaming. Looking at the game today, there are several aspects of it that didn’t age well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

GTA V has enough. Rockstar basically cashed in on GTA Online for nearly an entire generation until RDR 2 came out. The Doomsday Heist just sounds like utter torture. 

Hum ... don't want to hurt your feelings... but GTA V will be back on ps5 in 2021 ... you know it right ? ^^'

** Please don't shoot the messenger ** :D