Mr. Suitcase Trophy

Hi All 

For this trophy can the cards be bought? I've not been able to beat two of the players in Vantage Masters yet, and have moved past them now. Just wondering the first two characters you get to challenge can they be played later on in the game again or would it have to be a new playthrough? 

Also i see some vendors sell cards too can you get a complete set filled for the "Notebook" by just purchasing them? 

Trophy Description 

"Completely filled the cards section in the notebook"

Thanks!

Pretty sure you have to buy cards, even if you win against everyone.

But if you've missed cards, Becky will probably have them for sale on her store. Her or Jingo.

But remember that you'll have to beat the VM "Final Boss" to get the trophy, and you'll need every card to be able to fight him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solercide said:

For this trophy can the cards be bought? I've not been able to beat two of the players in Vantage Masters yet, and have moved past them now. Just wondering the first two characters you get to challenge can they be played later on in the game again or would it have to be a new playthrough? 

Also i see some vendors sell cards too can you get a complete set filled for the "Notebook" by just purchasing them?

Some cards can be bought, those are going to be ones that won't be available at the end of the game. You won't be able to get the trophy just by buying the cards.  Some opponents are available later on though, typically folks in Class VII (old or new) or their allies rather than random NPCs in towns.  For example I missed Fie the first time she could be played but was able to play her on a later day.  I'm not 100% sure though if you'll be able to play everyone else at MWL the night before the final dungeon, but the majority of your opponents are available then.  Going to the final dungeon is the point of no return on this trophy (along with some others).  Even with random NPCs though you may be able to play them later on since you'll be able to revisit most areas in the very last part of Act 3.

However, I can attest to the fact that they don't need to all be done in one run as long as you carry over notebook info to your next run.  I did this trophy over the course of two runs when playing the JP version.  However until you have all the other cards you won't be able to challenge the final opponent.  Also winning against them gives a MQ so you'll miss that trophy if you miss this one.  It's just like CS3 pretty much.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Solercide said:

@ladynadiad Thanks a lot for your insight, this helps a lot calm my nerves about doing it again :D , I was struggling to beat some opponents the difficulty seemed to have changed from Trails of Cold Steel III but this info is very good to know especially in your reference to the point of no return :D

Which Master card do you use? I got away with using the Bard plus ranged monsters for the most part, until I unlocked Beast that is ? I know there's a couple of tricky opponents now (I won't say names as I don't know how far in the story you are), but the A.I does seem a *little* smarter. Thank god hard mode isn't required for any trophies or items 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:11 PM, Sebastian said:

Which Master card do you use? I got away with using the Bard plus ranged monsters for the most part, until I unlocked Beast that is 1f602.png I know there's a couple of tricky opponents now (I won't say names as I don't know how far in the story you are), but the A.I does seem a *little* smarter. Thank god hard mode isn't required for any trophies or items 

They added a lot of new masters compared to CSIII and my personal favourite is Witch. Having a +4 damage nuke at 3 mana cost every round is pretty crazy, plus the boatloads of mana it gets.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...