DLC regions vs Disc region question

clowve

Let me preface this by saying this is a little complicated, so bear with me.

I am playing this on an R3 account but the disc itself is from the R2 region. I'd like to get the DLCs/season pass from a Turkish account as its so much more affordable than my own psn store. Will the DLCs/season pass work on my R3 account's playthrough?

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All DLCs are region locked, thus you must get both the game and DLCs from the same country.

Does it have to be country-specific? I have no idea where the original country the actual R2 disc is from since it was purchased pre-owned. Wouldn't all DLCs from R2 region be able to recognize the disc? 

It depends on the country, because the EU is a hodge podge of rights issues and weird compatibility problems so it's always best to get any DLCs from the store in the same country you got the game from.

Post a screenshot of the case and disc, then I'll have a decent idea where it's from.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends on the country, because the EU is a hodge podge of rights issues and weird compatibility problems so it's always best to get any DLCs from the store in the same country you got the game from.

Post a screenshot of the case and disc, then I'll have a decent idea where it's from.

Thank you for your help. Here you go. I have some suspicions it may have been from the UK but it's really anyone's guess if it's in English.

I just made a Turkish account and activated the gold skins from the leaflet. They seem to register and work in-game. So maybe this is a promising sign?

11 hours ago, clowve said:

Thank you for your help. Here you go. I have some suspicions it may have been from the UK but it's really anyone's guess if it's in English.

I just made a Turkish account and activated the gold skins from the leaflet. They seem to register and work in-game. So maybe this is a promising sign?

You have the generic EU version so UK, German and possibly Australian stores will work but I can't guarantee that any of the other EU regional stores will work, thus you use the Turkish store at your own risk ?.