And the conclusion is.......GTA5 onlne is total trash

JG-Ray

Lucky for you maybe, trophies is the only reason I play games xD

Totally agree with that. :D

I <3 Trophies  :wub:

To get back ontopic, I'm waiting for a more stable game then I'll get it and that will hopefully be before the Christmas school break so I have a good 2 weeks to sit on my room 24/7 and ignore all social life what's out there. Because there's also a social life on PSN and online games, some people (like my parents) fail to understand that, ignorant morons. Oops, just kidding Ma and Pa. Hehe^^

Each to their own, I'm actually finding GT:O to be one of the most favourable online experiences I've had.  Considering I lost 4 characters in the opening weeks, I've already given it more time than I give to 90% of online games.

Working your way up should be a struggle, so that when you get to the peak, you can feel the reward as you annihilate some level 5 n00b and remember that it's no longer you in that position. That being said, What is better than being that level 5 n00b who manages to kill the guy who is level 50.

Problem I see, is most of those that hate it, are also the entitled that want instant gratification without working toward it.  Finding flaws that arent there, that are actually just different gameplay mechanics.

18 days in and people want all of it now!! How about we let them iron out the bugs (which they are doing a damn fine job of!) and make sure that everything that is currently in, works properly.  Then we'll have periodic additions, like all semi persistent worlds.

I'm not saying its perfect, its far from it. However, talks of it's demise are laughable as well as premature.

As for the whole trophy side of things, that's a different subject for a different thread.  (of which we have many before any of you decide to post a new thread on it!)

• Like 4

I find GTA 5 online to be fun right now only because I'm there to fuck around and play with my brother. Now later down the line I will be hunting for the platinum but I'm not in a rush, like my friend he's making up for GTA 4 plat so he jumped right into it. Yes I'm a trophy hunter and yes trophies do give me motivation and a sense of achievement to play but most of the game i do play I really enjoy and or enjoyed so it not my only reason for gaming.

so true. We all game for different reasons.

and even though da GTA5 servers maybe ass, We still play them.

Hunt on hommie

fb710d5e-d4fe-4be6-9d3b-b1c9aa14b5d4.jpg

How can I get a stamp like that?

AHAHAH brother.. I completely agree, luckily for this fuck I got the online trophies done last night  :pimp: to be fair I was probably one of those high rank assholes destroying you in death match,

You son of a bitch! ahahaha. You better login one more time and donate me all of your money. You emotionally scarred me!(just kidding).

Anyway, back on topic. I got something really interesting for you guys now. I decided to run a 2hour test. I was in a game then the host left and it put me in charge. obviously everyone was there to run the same track. I invited a friend to play so I didn't get over voted and kicked. So I turned off custom rides and we went racing. It went nuts in no time. After about 10 minutes there was 3 cars just doing U-turns to take me out then go off and race normally. New people would join and they would do the same thing. It seems everyone was pissed that custom rides were off.

So it doesn't work to host.

I find it incredibly stupid for Rockstar to make a game to promote a nicer gameplay for high ranked users by letting them trash the new players but then again they must know what they are doing after who knows how many billions of dollars in their pocket.(I should've bought stocks damnit).

You son of a bitch! ahahaha. You better login one more time and donate me all of your money. You emotionally scarred me!(just kidding).

Anyway, back on topic. I got something really interesting for you guys now. I decided to run a 2hour test. I was in a game then the host left and it put me in charge. obviously everyone was there to run the same track. I invited a friend to play so I didn't get over voted and kicked. So I turned off custom rides and we went racing. It went nuts in no time. After about 10 minutes there was 3 cars just doing U-turns to take me out then go off and race normally. New people would join and they would do the same thing. It seems everyone was pissed that custom rides were off.

So it doesn't work to host.

I find it incredibly stupid for Rockstar to make a game to promote a nicer gameplay for high ranked users by letting them trash the new players but then again they must know what they are doing after who knows how many billions of dollars in their pocket.(I should've bought stocks damnit).

Do you know for sure it was because custom rides were off??? It might of just been that you struck a bunch of arseholes.

I've hosted a lot of races and rarely have custom rides on, I've had wankers that try to take you out but you get them in every online game, I've never had people that take it to that extreme.

Also... Catch up is for pussies.

I keep hearing people saying that the racing is fucked, because of this that and the other, but people must really like me on the internet :giggle: ... I just don't get these issues.

Also, its a new cliche, but I like it, "This is GTA not GT5, Bitch."

You Make people like you. We have no choice, we must like you.

There's like a magical force from you that makes us like you.

How do you do it?

Rockstar stated that the online will be a work in progress. They will take feedback from the community and make needed adjustments to the game. Go post your thoughts for Rockstar to hear.

GTA Community Feedback Needed from Day One

This is vital for the ongoing success of the game. The first few months of Grand Theft Auto Online will be critical as everyone enters this dynamic new world for the first time. Plenty of issues are bound to occur. Remember this interesting character?

One thing we are already aware of, and are trying to alleviate as fast as we can, is the unanticipated additional pressure on the servers due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point – we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers, but this increased scale is only going to make the first few days even more temperamental than such things usually are. This is part of the problem some of you have been experiencing with the iFruit App and some Social Club services – we apologize in advance for this and thank you for your patience in this area.

More than ever, we need your help to report your experiences, findings, likes, loves, dislikes and hates – and we will be looking at your feedback constantly to tune the game into its optimal shape and help guide how Grand Theft Auto Online will grow and evolve past this initial period. We will be checking out how people are playing and what they are not playing or not enjoying, while also monitoring feedback via two other new Rockstar channels:

• [email protected]: This email address will be active from launch day as a place to send your input and feedback direct to us relating to the game.
  • GTA Online Forums at Social Club: At some point this fall after the initial release of GTA Online, we are planning to launch Social Club Forums where players can chat with one another about their online experiences as well as access a GTA Online Suggestion board to post about any suggested features, tweaks and changes you want to see.

Here's another great note...

Growing Pains: There will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises! Even in GTAV Story Mode, some of you may have seen a few odd and even amusing little glitches out there last week. This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game and there’ll surely be lots more unexpected oddities like this in the Online world next week – rest assured we’ll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

I'm a huge fan of getting trophies (usually as quickly as possible) but, this game needs some time to be tweaked. You would be better off thinking of this as BETA testing until a few more patches are released. If you happen to get the trophies along the way... great! I'm not in any rush on this one.

I've enjoyed my time with the online portion so far, apart from my characters getting deleted of course. AF is a dick though. I saw he was online and thought it'd be cool to play with a fellow PSNP member and as soon as I joined his session he went offline. Dick.  :awesome:

Parker

• Like 1

I've stayed away from this game because my experience with multiplayer has always been bad. I've had to deal with ridiculous trophies such as the max rank on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which ruined my thoughts on AC series in general. Funny thing about that trophy, I never even got it done :|. And other multiplayers such as Ghostbusters which i did one match of and the next day Atari shut down the servers  :shakefist:. After dealing with those shenanigans, I tried a few other games such as Battlefield and Space Marine honestly the people scared me away from those. Freaking 8 year old kids who can't even talk correctly sit around saying the had sex with my mom, I mean seriously?  :huh:  They probably don't even know what sex is. Or when I had 43,000 Posse points and a few douche bags kicked me out, that was the end or RDR for me. Honestly when I heard Batman Arkham Origins and a few other big games had multiplayer, I seriously wanted to flip a table. And in all honesty the 100 rank trophy is the only thing keeping me from buying GTA 5. 

I have played GTAO for about 3 hours total and it was with mostly randoms who were many levels above me and it was still fun to play! What fun is gaming if its not challenging? Also R* has been putting out notifications, way before the game released, that this "ONLINE" is a consistent work in progress and will take time to unfold all the elements of the online. They were honest and informative about the issues with this game. What more could you ask of a developer? People need to stop complaining and take the challenge. Seriously all those players that are high levels, lemme guess they just put the game in and ranked up to 100 right away? They put the time in to get there. But at the end of the day each person is entitled to their own opinion. Also its human nature to have a pack mentality when it comes to denouncing things... the society we live in these days.

• Like 1

Also... Catch up is for pussies.

I keep hearing people saying that the racing is fucked, because of this that and the other, but people must really like me on the internet :giggle: ... I just don't get these issues.

Also, its a new cliche, but I like it, "This is GTA not GT5, Bitch."

Uhhhh, yeah. Catch up is for pussies?

I suppose you could be correct but turning catchup off and then jumping into a modified ride while others don't have one is worse because it takes out being equal. It makes the whole theory in racing completely pointless.

Also did you say that because it's gta it's the reason why the game makes it so rich, high ranked, and experienced players can freely just win against idiot low ranked guys who don't know better using tricks to guarantee a win?

You call that a well thought out multiplayer game?

I smell a Sour Puss

I'm not on the losing side of this. I'm a higher rank. The compliant is strictly by the reason that I don't really have a choice to play a good game with gta5. There are tons of games that have a very good experience online for everyone and are built to welcome all. GTA5 doesn't have that which doesn't make sense whatsoever. Think about it. Practically half of the people here are saying "Oh, it's because you are just playing online. You need to only play with friends". What the hell kind of good online game is that?

Rockstar stated that the online will be a work in progress. They will take feedback from the community and make needed adjustments to the game. Go post your thoughts for Rockstar to hear.

Gta5 singles player ITSELF has made several comments on how stupid people are to think that companies actually listen to online feedback. It was mentioned in jokes within missions in GTA. They have a good point.

Also there is really no reason to mention it. They know exactly how the game would've worked with modified cars. Common sense predicted that higher ranked people are richer and have faster cars so a "add modified vehicles to racing" would obviously throw a serious advantage to high ranked players.

A good example of a real mistake they made without doing it on purpose is anytime you leave a game and others leave you are always in a standoff and then if you die you'll be stocked to try to get to your ride because the guy will be waiting by it for you.

Edited by AIDSorHIV

I have played GTAO for about 3 hours total and it was with mostly randoms who were many levels above me and it was still fun to play! What fun is gaming if its not challenging? Also R* has been putting out notifications, way before the game released, that this "ONLINE" is a consistent work in progress and will take time to unfold all the elements of the online. They were honest and informative about the issues with this game. What more could you ask of a developer? People need to stop complaining and take the challenge. Seriously all those players that are high levels, lemme guess they just put the game in and ranked up to 100 right away? They put the time in to get there. But at the end of the day each person is entitled to their own opinion. Also its human nature to have a pack mentality when it comes to denouncing things... the society we live in these days.

Indeed...pack mentality

XDloqdy.jpg

• Like 3

It took me a while to get into it and I still find it frustrating at times but mostly because of the way other people play, basically why cant everyone just join my room and play the settings I choose and not leave and let me win everytime, know'wham'sayin?

The deathmatches are boring tho I agree with that for sure, I hope they can improve the shooting next time they make a gta game...time to ditch the auto aim guys!

People's crying about the custom cars but also saying they need to play because they need trophies but they can't be bothered to boost so they play with randoms, guess what? You need to win races with custom cars for trophies. So you can't really blame people for playing that way now can you?

I also have a love hate relationship with the custom cars. It's an awesome incentive to want to earn money to pimp your ride but it is also silly to have races with people having big advantages. I host a lot and generally turn them off. Catch up is cool tho and so is traffic :)

Original. Ty.

Oh and fuck everyone who complains.

Oh my god, you are the coolest person that I know.

Please tell me in your best robot voice how I can be as awesome as you

Edited by AIDSorHIV

You really going to turn a blind eye to all the crap RDR had in it's multiplayer, with the grieving and what not? exact same case here. GTAO is not a game to play without friends or a crew when you're going races or what not, just like RDR wasn't fun at all without friends. You need equal minded people in such a huge multiplayer portion to get equal results, because otherwise everyone wants a particular type of game and you get nowhere. I'm having an absolute blast with GTAO because i'm often playing with friends, often playing with a crew, doing fun jobs, killing each other, racing each other and chasing around with jets.

Just try it like that, see how things change. There will never be an open world free roam multiplayer that truly works with randoms, ever.

Oh my god, you are the coolest person that I know.

Please tell me in your best robot voice how I can be as awesome as you

So your 32, but have the manners of a teenager. Cool story bro.

Infact it smells like under a bridge in here now. Please tell us more.