PS4 Performance on PS5

westersburg

39 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I played on Pro and had hardly any frame drops so it will be flawless on PS5. The game however has the worst input lag I've ever seen, ruined it for me. 

Oof, hope they get rid of that in the ps5 version. I also hope that we'll get 60 fps there as well. This alone makes games feel more responsive.

50 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I played on Pro and had hardly any frame drops so it will be flawless on PS5. The game however has the worst input lag I've ever seen, ruined it for me. 

Weird, I had tons of frame rate issues on my Pro, but most of it was coming out of the menu. During gameplay it only happened a few times in bigger fights.

24 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

I just tested it and it's still the PS4 version, same load times, 30fps, etc. 

The publishers really did an oppsie with this and its gonna hurt them soon enough. 

Of course it will be the ps4 version and if they capped the framerate to 30 fps you won't go above that. But even without special enhancements, the targeted performance could be more achievable and stable with better hardware (ps5). That's what i was asking since i had improvements in some games like the recent XIII remake, which was a framerate mess on ps4 pro (sometimes less than 20 fps) and it runs perfectly fine with constant 60 fps on ps5.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to replaying it once the full PS5 version comes out w/ all DLC - I'm still confused as to which version is the get all + upgrade version...

Otherwise when I first played it on PS4 Pro had no major issues with anything, except some framerate drops during big fights or tearing apart half the area the game looked amazing.

If you haven't already I highly suggest playing it - on either console.

8 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

I'm looking forward to replaying it once the full PS5 version comes out w/ all DLC - I'm still confused as to which version is the get all + upgrade version...

Otherwise when I first played it on PS4 Pro had no major issues with anything, except some framerate drops during big fights or tearing apart half the area the game looked amazing.

If you haven't already I highly suggest playing it - on either console.

You are supposed to get Control Ultimate Edition if you want the free Upgrade with all DLC's.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, And98s said:

You are supposed to get Control Ultimate Edition if you want the free Upgrade with all DLC's.

Correct if you already have the game but want to play the "next gen" version you have to pay again...

I jumped a bit around and the destroyed stuff in the atrium and the luck research and didnt notice any drops 

i dont have a capture so there may be some drops but i dont think so

i love this game and remedy but if the 60 fps option is only in the ultimate edition then fk this game

I just finished this on PS5 (never played this on a PS4) and I can confirm there isn't a single issue with the frame rate.  Based on reviews that I've seen about the PS4/Pro versions having terrible performance I'm sure this is a massive upgrade when speaking to the frame rate specifically.

Input lag isn't a thing in this game, like... at all.  If anyone thinks this has input lag make sure your TV is set to it's lowest latency (usually called game mode or something for display options).

13 hours ago, Quink666 said:

You need ultimate edition to get the PS5 upgrade? If that's true they can fuck right off. not paying for the game again, no matter how much i want to play it.

Yeah, that was the part I followed on the side as I sold my PS4 and games while waiting for PS5. Apparently even if you bought the game + separate DLC's or the season pass they relaunched the 'Ultimate' edition (thanks @And98s for clearing that up) which is what you must get if you want to to get the upgrade with all the DLC. Otherwise I assume it will be like COD CW if you have the PS4 disc it's around €7 to upgrade to PS5 on my store.

I loved the game and really want to replay it with all DLC on the PS5 but this was just a dick move on the dev's side for those who bought everything already

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Yeah, that was the part I followed on the side as I sold my PS4 and games while waiting for PS5. Apparently even if you bought the game + separate DLC's or the season pass they relaunched the 'Ultimate' edition (thanks @And98s for clearing that up) which is what you must get if you want to to get the upgrade with all the DLC. Otherwise I assume it will be like COD CW if you have the PS4 disc it's around €7 to upgrade to PS5 on my store.

I loved the game and really want to replay it with all DLC on the PS5 but this was just a dick move on the dev's side for those who bought everything already

Yeah its the same crap with spider man remastered

What about the framerate after you have paused and restarted? That was the huge problem on PS4/Pro even after their patches to help the framerate. It dips into single digits for a few seconds coming out of a pause, Very noticeable and frustrating. Is this gone on PS5 when playing the PS4 version?