The Guide Team is looking for additional staff members

Platisfaction

I’ll say straight up that I don’t really have experience with HTML so if anyone volunteers that does they’d be the better choice. But I’m happy to spend time reviewing guides to help ease the pressure a bit on the guide team. Not sure what you’re looking for in terms of amount of guide experience, but I’ve made 4 so far. 

• Like 3

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

I believe that I have these qualities and some enthusiasm for the role required.

• An excellent understanding of English
  • I understand what makes a good guide and how it can made great.
  • Capable of communicating criticism and able to advise in a helpful manner.
  • I haven't written a guide for this site fully, I am working on two guides currently to be submitted.
  • Currently able to put a lot of time into reading and reviewing and that will continue as I enjoy reading guides in general.
  • Capable of keeping all back-end information acquired confidential.

Preferred but not required

• I can access the PSNP Discord, just need to use it more often.
  • I know some HTML, but it's been a wee while since I used it.
  • I have edited using basic and more detailed photo software.

Good Luck to all.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

On 29-11-2020 at 4:24 AM, NCSFan001 said:

Ive written a ton of guides, not sure I'd be the right fit for this though; not the most technology savvy person or particularly active on discord/social media, but good luck to everyone!

Your guides helped me out lots... (just cause 3 for instance...) i know we're not voting here, but I'd vote for you. Good luck!

Would it be bad form to apply, lol. Asking for a friend who's definitely not already staff on .org. Promise. 

EDIT: Just in case, jokes my loves, much appreciate what you guys do on this site. Best of luck to everyone applying =] If it matters in the slightest (which it might not but eh), just noticed Squid and Minato have applied - as a seasoned guide writer who had the opportunity to work with them both recently, would like to confirm that not only were they incredibly respectful with their criticism, but were also very easy to work with. If this thread had a reference section, would like to be that for both of these gentlemen. Good luck everyone ^-^

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 3

Would love to be considered for the position as well. I've written few guides on the site and would love to keep contributing to PSNProfiles!

While English is not my mother tongue, I constantly try to improve & use it daily more than any other to communicate with my friends and my partner, all of which don't speak my language (Spanish). 

As for preferred requirements, Discord is my main messaging platform so that's nice. I also know enough to defend myself in image editing (Photoshop) and HTML basics.

Good luck to everyone ?

As someone who has written many guides on this site over the last 4 years, I've thought back-and-forth on applying in the last few days, but I think I'm going to pass as I feel others who have applied have more qualifications than I do. Also, I simply don't feel like I'd be a great fit for such a duty.

Best of luck to everyone who has applied!

I'd love to be considered for the guide team! 

I'm an English major that recently completed graduate studies, so I'm naturally well-versed in writing while implementing criticism or feedback. I also have demonstrable experience with writing various speedrunning guides. While I do not have formal experience in writing trophy guides, I'm more than happy to share some of my previous work should I be considered. I believe that my background is definitely transferrable to this volunteer role.

Best of luck to all other applicants, and thanks for considering me! :)