anyone else still crashing

Wideelf

Wow, this is scary man ?.. I crushed only once a week ago (before update), but I was very careful, no external storage, no rest mode. Wish they would say something in update notes other than improved stability, because I find rest mode super convenient.

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about Miles Morales.. I need to pay more attention, haven't played the remastered enough to tell.

Edited by iliya0212

1 hour ago, iliya0212 said:

Wow, this is scary man 1f628.png.. I crushed only once a week ago (before update), but I was very careful, no external storage, no rest mode. Wish they would say something in update notes other than improved stability, because I find rest mode super convenient.

Edit: Sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about Miles Morales.. I need to pay more attention, haven't played the remastered enough to tell.

nah dont worry lol

i actually didnt have any problems with miles morales even though i had my external storage connected and left it on rest mode all the time and didnt have a single crash

spiderman remasteR on the other hand literally powered off my ps5 3 minutes into it

13 hours ago, Wideelf said:

nah dont worry lol

i actually didnt have any problems with miles morales even though i had my external storage connected and left it on rest mode all the time and didnt have a single crash

spiderman remasteR on the other hand literally powered off my ps5 3 minutes into it

I’m near the plat (last mission) and I’ve had no crashes or issues 

Have however had a few slight performance issues:

-sluggish movement 

-fell through the floor 

-walked through cars 

-cut scene sounds off 

but nothing major and nothing a small reset didn’t fix! I always but it in rest mode. I just make sure I close the game first 

Had a crash yesterday. Turned off the whole system and I had to pull the power plug to get it to restart. System database had to be repaired.

Console is fully updated, and I have been completely closing the game and powering off the console each time instead of using sleep mode.

Same issue here - last night it happened twice within a 2 hour play session. Game freezes, console shuts down and won't turn back on for several minutes. When it comes back on the storage is corrupted and has to be repaired. One time it successfully repaired. The other time it said it couldn't repair the data and had use backup data off of the cloud. Everything is up to date, no external hard drive, not using rest mode at all. I've completed Astros playroom, bugsnax and Maneater, and spent several hours with dirt 5, godfall, demons souls, sackboy and planet coaster. Spiderman remastered is the only game that has given me any issues.

Guess I'm waiting to play anymore for a fix in fear of bricking my console.

So I crashed a third time in the same way with the storage having to be rebuilt. (I know previously said I'd wait for a patch,but I got impatient =P) I noticed that every crash for me has been right about at an hour after starting playing. This just happens to be when my console is set to go into rest mode with no activity. I changed the settings on the console to not go into rest mode at all after any amount of no activity. Three hours later and I haven't had any more crashes.

Maybe its a coincidence, but after changing that setting I'm having my first crash free time with this game. If it crashes again I'll post here and debunk my own theory, but so far so good.

On a side note I'm loving the game. I missed it the first time around and I'm glad I'm getting the chance to play it.

Crashed and system had to be rebuild 2 times in 2 days. Haven’t used rest mode and have been in performance mode the whole time. Just came from dirt 5 on ps5 cause that game kept crashing and corrupting my saves and the trophies are completely broken  ( no one on earth has the platinum ) I don’t remember early adoption ever being this bad before ( good job getting ps4 games to run great on the ps5, pitty you couldn’t make the games that are actually made for the system work at all ).

• 3 weeks later...

This pile of garbage froze my PS5 about five times during two very disappointing playthroughs.

1. Freeze, while Miles was looking for his mom - game just froze, sound continued, I couldn't even close the game or get back to HOME. Didn't have any response from the OS. Had to unplug PS5 from wall socket.

2. Froze while free roaming, same thing.

3. Froze after skipping a cinematic on NG+

4. Froze after retrying during the Miles/Rhino mission.

5. Froze on the DLC after failing on the subway while chasing black cat. Was able to go back and try to "Close Game", which ended up freezing on "Closing Game..", had to unplug for the nth time, risking data corruption.

Not to mention several other glitches:
- Random cars spawning while you freeroam.

- Random cars spawning while on a mission/crime.

- People running through cars.

- Enemies getting stuck in walls, cars and other object, forcing you to restart from checkpoint because you can't continue before all enemies are dead.

- Serious sound glitches and cut offs.

For a really big middle finger with a cherry on top of it, at the end of my NG+/Ultimate playthrough I didn't get the "Power and Responsibility" trophy.

I'm so sick of this game and so disappointed in Insomniac for serving this hot steaming pile of broken garbage.

Seriously, anyone else considering buying this shitty remaster, risking bricking their console and wasting their time attempting to complete any trophies, just don't waste your time and money. Better save up for another title. Insomniac clearly didn't care enough to ship a product that will not destroy your console and waste your time.

Edited by Ggd07

On 24/12/2020 at 6:08 AM, Ggd07 said:

I'm so sick of this game and so disappointed in Insomniac for serving this hot steaming pile of broken garbage.

Seriously, anyone else considering buying this shitty remaster, risking bricking their console and wasting their time attempting to complete any trophies, just don't waste your time and money. Better save up for another title. Insomniac clearly didn't care enough to ship a product that will not destroy your console and waste your time.

I mean it sucks it crashed so many times but it’s far from broken. The 5000 odd people who got the plat issue free. Theres 8000 odd people who own the game on this site and I’d say a very small fraction have issues 

Hot steaming pile of garbage is a bit of an over reaction 

19 hours ago, mikem192 said:

I mean it sucks it crashed so many times but it’s far from broken. The 5000 odd people who got the plat issue free. Theres 8000 odd people who own the game on this site and I’d say a very small fraction have issues 

Hot steaming pile of garbage is a bit of an over reaction 

It doesn't matter how many people had issues. If even only one person had issues, it's a huge problem that needs to be addressed. Not to mention that there were reports of people having their consoles bricked by this game. To add insult to injury, there countless game play bugs and glitches make this game even more of a spit in your face.

Hot steaming pile of garbage is the ideal term for the current state of this remaster.

Now if they address these issues and ship updates to fix them, then it won't be a hot steaming pile of garbage.

But I understand why you think that, since your reply above stated:

On 11/27/2020 at 1:19 AM, mikem192 said:

I’m near the plat (last mission) and I’ve had no crashes or issues 

Have however had a few slight performance issues:

-sluggish movement 

-fell through the floor 

-walked through cars 

-cut scene sounds off 

but nothing major and nothing a small reset didn’t fix! I always but it in rest mode. I just make sure I close the game first 

"Nothing Major, and nothing a small reset didn't fix".

Nothing major? Walking through cars, falling through the floor, sluggish movement and cut scene sound glitches are EVERYTHING MAJOR!

And excuse me, a small reset? I plugged out my console from the wall socket because this hot steaming pile of garbage hard locked it several times.

Yeah, from my point of view, these issues, even yours, are major issues which should have been enough to make them a priority for Insomniac. Not to mention the hilarious "Power and Responsibility" glitch that locks you out of the trophy if you set your save to Ultimate Difficulty, which is what the trophy actually is.

All these things combined together are just a huge slobbery spit in the players' face from Insomniac.

I really hope Miles Morales is better. So far, I've played a few missions and there were no such issues, game glitches, locks, performance drops, sound cut offs and etc.

So no, it's not an over reaction, it's just you are severely fanboying over this, and I am able to see these things objectively. There is no excuse for this broken mess making release, especially from Insomniac and Sony.

Edit: And this is a console game, not a PC game. There are no excuses for the state of this remaster. There are no excuses for "but herp derp only x amount of people had the issue", because everyone has the same hardware, and it's an exclusive for that same hardware. No excuses.

Edited by Ggd07

Am I a fan of the games? Absolutely. But I’m not being a fanboy. Just simply not moaning over little things that caused a minor annoyance for a few seconds worth of my time. Why are gamers such cry babies over the small issues. 

Did it brick your console? No, so move on man