Skyrim - What race are you and why?

Just-Pro-44

I don't think this topic has been made yet (correct me if I am wrong) but I picked Khajiit mostly because they are the most unique race and not many of them in Skyrim. I don't really care about the starter skills because you can just shape your character any way you want.

A little late for this, no? 

I picked Nord because of the 50% Ice Resistance then I built on that with my enchanting to a point where dragons couldn't really affect my mage. I had both high amounts of flame and ice resistance and by putting my points in with a 1:3:0 ratio, I had a almost invincible mage with huge amounts of magicka. Unless I had to fight close range, that never ended well.  :|  

I picked Nord because of the 50% Ice Resistance then I built on that with my enchanting to a point where dragons couldn't really affect my mage. I had both high amounts of flame and ice resistance and by putting my points in with a 1:3:0 ratio, I had a almost invincible mage with huge amounts of magicka. Unless I had to fight close range, that never ended well.  :|  

It may be late but still a great fun game to play considering its replay value.

Why late? Does it matter? This game has great replay value, plus there's no sequel yet. See no reason to call it late, hmm?

• Like 2

I'm the only Khajiit?  :|

IIRC, I played as one for a while. I ended up restarting with new character I think because I sucked at stealth. Atleast I think that was the reason I picked that class. 

But I'm the kind of guy who usually likes to play the class which is the least popular, I don't follow the crowd, I do what no one else does. I also like to try different things, like a Jack of all Trades. A Khajit is pretty cool too, you get funny comments from NPCs plus he/she looks pretty epic too, IMO.

• Like 1

IIRC, I played as one for a while. I ended up restarting with new character I think because I sucked at stealth. Atleast I think that was the reason I picked that class. 

But I'm the kind of guy who usually likes to play the class which is the least popular, I don't follow the crowd, I do what no one else does. I also like to try different things, like a Jack of all Trades. A Khajit is pretty cool too, you get funny comments from NPCs plus he/she looks pretty epic too, IMO.

I don't use Khajiit for stealth. I think it sucks IMO. I just made a Khajiit because it looks the most epic + unique in Skyrim. I thought that I would want the reputation of the Khajiit's to go up in Skyrim seeing how I'm a Dragonborn and a hero and Khajiit's get treated like crap.

• Like 1

I play as a Nord because it's my favorite race, other than the elves. However, I really couldn't get past how the elves look practically deformed in Skyrim compared to other games. I guess I just like my character aesthetically pleasing. I like to play a stealth/marksman character, so I'd always play as a Bosmer in the past. I really had no trouble playing this way with my Nord even though I know they are best suited as a warrior. Later in the game when I had to level up my other skills, I did enjoy playing as a warrior though. (I've already played & gotten 100% in this game on Xbox but recently switched to PS3 & have to do it all over again.)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I started as a Nord to get used to the game. She's a Stormcloak, mostly bow with a bit of 2H. Than once she was in her late 30s, early 40s, I made a Dunmer to try out magic. After her was my Khajiit. I've dabbled a bit in Orc, Argonian, and one of the other elves. My favorite out of them all is the Khajiit. I grew a fondness for sneaking around and doing the Thief/Dark Brotherhood quests on her. And NIghteye. I adore Nighteye. She's become my strongest muse when I play and really grew her own personality.

I chose to be a Nord. It just made sense to me that it would be appropriate if the hero of Nordic folktale, who resides in Skyrim (home if the Nords), would be a Nord. Plus, in a role-play kinda way, I thought it would help me connect with the locals better. To have common culture, you know?

Altmer (High Elf) :) : I just love to spam magic. I used to burn weak dragons to ashes with a single thunder-bolt . B)

How could you?!? Altmer are the Nazis of Tamriel! I kill your kind on sight...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS ;)

Edited by xSwiftVengeancex
  • Like 1

Nord; I felt it was the 'true' way to play Skyrim (considering you're like one of the people).

Also I didn't know it at the start, but it would be a more significant choice when confronted with 'join the Imperial legion' vs 'join ulfric stormcloak' haha

If I had it again, I would probably be Khajit though; I play stealthily anyway :P