Skyrim - What race are you and why?

Just-Pro-44

I used to play as an Altmer (High Elf) because of the 50+ points to magic.

The game used to have limits, so having 50+ extra points is very useful, considering leveling up five time would be required with other races.

Also I recall a skill where the magic would regen very fast allowing more spells in a short amount of time.

Because of these 50+ magic points, I felt like this charachter would be the best base for all different playstyles.

Skyrim is a game that you can start with the intention of being one type of player and ending as the opposite.

I think the only races I haven't been are Nord and Imperial. I've always just chosen the race based on how I feel at the time. After a few levels, starting stats don't really matter any more. I can't really pick a favourite.

PS4 GOTY re-release, utilising some of the texture mods the PC crowd have enjoyed and I'd be a day-one purchaser. C'mon Bethesda... please?

I think the only races I haven't been are Nord and Imperial. I've always just chosen the race based on how I feel at the time. After a few levels, starting stats don't really matter any more. I can't really pick a favourite.

PS4 GOTY re-release, utilising some of the texture mods the PC crowd have enjoyed and I'd be a day-one purchaser. C'mon Bethesda... please?

We can only hope. I sadly doubt it's going to happen, but still. I'd settle for farthest render distance, and ultra graphics in 1080p@60fps. All expansions included, of course.

Edited by xSwiftVengeancex

I chose to be a Nord. It just made sense to me that it would be appropriate if the hero of Nordic folktale, who resides in Skyrim (home if the Nords), would be a Nord. Plus, in a role-play kinda way, I thought it would help me connect with the locals better. To have common culture, you know?

How could you?!? Altmer are the Nazis of Tamriel! I kill your kind on sight...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS ;)

Along with their colonialism & impudency they more like the British Crown to me rather than Nazi ;) . It was odd how Thalmor ambassadors were so offensive even though I was an Altmer!

I feel nonhuman races (all except Nords,Imperials,Redguards & Bretons) don't fit Lycanthropy & Vampirism well. (Imagine a khajit turning into werewolf  ) I can't feel like a true vampire or lycan that way, Is it just me feeling like that ?

Along with their colonialism & impudency they more like the British Crown to me rather than Nazi ;) . It was odd how Thalmor ambassadors were so offensive even though I was an Altmer!

I feel nonhuman races (all except Nords,Imperials,Redguards & Bretons) don't fit Lycanthropy & Vampirism well. (Imagine a khajit turning into werewolf  ) I can't feel like a true vampire or lycan that way, Is it just me feeling like that ?

You speak sense. Now that you mention it, those races don't fit a werewolf or vampire role at all. Perhaps that's why The Companions are only humans. Even Bethesda might have seen how it doesn't fit as well.

Edited by xSwiftVengeancex

I played as a Redguard. I preferred to get up close when it came to fighting and Redguards started with a higher level for one-handed and block skills. If I ever played through the game again I would go with a race that uses magic as it's main form of attack.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...