Skyrim - What race are you and why?

Just-Pro-44

Argonian for me, I liked the underwater breathing, plus D mentioned that the disease resistance would be useful. I'm still fiddling with things, so still not 100% certain where she will end up. It's fun as my character and I find out together - I think that's one of the appeals of Skyrim, really.

D's playing as a stealthy assassin kahjiit this playthrough.

In Morrowind I chose Dunmer and in Oblivion I had an Argonian. With Skyrim everyone was so impressed with the improved graphics over Oblivion that I wanted to play as a human race. I do not like the Nords as a race so it was a toss-up between either Breton and Imperial; eventually, I chose the latter.

The only race that makes sense is being a Nord.

The interaction with other races often does not makes sense if you aren't a Nord yourself.

Example:

A Dunmer can get asked if he hates Dunmer (which you can confirm)

Khajit complain about never entering the cities, but you as Khajit can.

Altmer boast how superior they are over all races and you, but you are an Altmer too

Choosing a race should alter the story a bit.

Helghen (prologue) should end with a cutscene where you faint (example) and wake up in a location based on your race.

An Argonian should wake up at either Solitude or Riften that uses docks where they can work at.

A High Elf gets taken to Solitude because he gets mistaken for a member of the Aldmeri Dominion

A Dunmer wakes up in the Windhelm alienage

This could be a bit the same like the Dragon Age Origins prologues

This would make a lot more sense

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first playthrough, I played a Wood Elf who was great at all things sneaky and thief-like.

I never really choose based on the starting skills, I just play whatever catches my eye.

My second and current playthrough is a Nord...boring I know, but I use it for RP purposes for my current fanfiction. Plus a Nord seems most fitting for the "Hero of Skyrim" role. ^.^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finished Skyrim twice and I always was a Khajiit, don't know why but I love their atributes, specially the Stealth, one of the best things I like to do in Skyrim is killing enemies with stealth, backstabbing or with an arrow, with one hit kill, or even use your Khajiit with Illusion skills!

It's even better when nobody notices and you kill them all without having to fight, but I also always had a sword if I got in problems.

Edited by t-i-g-o
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Started out using the Nord race to make melee fighters, but that got boring. So I started a new character that's a female Breton who is a melee fighter using heavy armor and two handed weapons. Combat skills rise up really quickly, but supporting skills don't, so the Breton race gave me bonuses in the supporting skills I wanted to use the most (Restoration, Alteration, Alchemy) and the combat skills with no bonuses (Two Handed, Heavy Armor, Block, Archery, Smithing) quickly caught up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Khajit. I chose them because I mean, how many times can you play as an awesome cat? xD plus the fact that they are sneaky, and have great unarm combat make them perfect for those few thieves guild quests. Haha, would LOVE to one day build a PC and mod the shit outta Skyrim to give my Khajit Nekogal-like qualities xD Idk I love sneaking, stealing, money and lockpicking

haha BUT I do play as a dark elf in Oblivion for similar reasons x3 

Plus haha it is a fun challenge to make your Khajit be just as good as a Nord and Woodelf xD once I am back home from university [Hope I pass my university this time x3] I want to level up my magika. idk i find it fun choosing a character that say, has low strength, and leveling up their strength. much like my night elf in Obilivion, I want to level up her sword skill...gosh...i miss Skyrim and Oblivion x3 haha maybe when i get a chance, i should start out as a Breton and level up sneak related skills haha. 

Edited by u2mad_Bro