PS4 and PS5 versions Cross-play?

MohandGamer7

Hi everyone ? i just want to ask if it’s possible for my friend who has the ps4 version of the game to join me in the PS5 version so we can play together or do i need to download the ps4 version and play through Backward compatibility in order to play with him? 

i read few articles that say Cross play has been confirmed but not yet implemented but mostly they refer to playstation and Xbox with PC and not Cross generation so I’m a little bit confused.

Can confirm it works. Used it myself with my wife who played the PS4 version 

edit. 

never got a notification though when I’d send the invite from ps5 to PS4 even though settings allowed it. Would just join via in game pressing triangle on the main screen then x and x again. She got trophies a few seconds after me also 

Edited by burnysizz

8 hours ago, burnysizz said:

Can confirm it works. Used it myself with my wife who played the PS4 version 

edit. 

never got a notification though when I’d send the invite from ps5 to PS4 even though settings allowed it. Would just join via in game pressing triangle on the main screen then x and x again. She got trophies a few seconds after me also 

Thank you, I tested an hour ago and it works just fine.

my friend got my invitations normally and i got his invitation too so it i don’t think it’s the game problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had matchmaking open all the way through my fresh save (currently 25 at going through Jakobs main mission) and not had one person join in yet.

I had a go at finding a game through matchmaking myself as just fancied some running around for half an hour but couldn't find a game.

Matchmaking seems poor compared to 1 and 2. I also managed to play with my psn Id on both the PS4 and ps5 at the same time. I played the moxxi dlc on my ps5 then invited a second account on my PS4 then did split screen. Might not be much interest to many but might help someone 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, Leewor said:

Can i play on PS4 and PS5 together on same PSN account?

Yes, I only managed it in a convoluted way though. I would use my main account on my ps5 then put my second account on my PS4 and join the game/lobby of the main account then I’d sign in with my main account on my PS4 and use split screen. I did that for all PS4 dlc trophies