Sackboy: A Big Adventure Trophy Guide

TheDblTap

This beautiful game is a lot of fun to play from start to finish... Except for one trophy called "String it Together" which took me over 10 hours of replaying the same stage, but I'm sure those more skilled at platforming games could pull it off quicker. 

I put together a full Sackboy: A Big Adventure trophy guide and road map which should help anyone who is hoping to earn the platinum for themselves, I put as much detail in there as I could and included the footage of me finally accomplishing String it Together which will hopefully help you figure out a good route and get the hang of jump extensions. 

Best of luck to anybody who gives it a shot! At the very least you should experience the game, it looks stunning and is filled with charm. Certainly an IP I hope we'll see make a return.

Edited by TheDblTap
link update
  • Like 3

On 26/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, TheDblTap said:

This beautiful game is a lot of fun to play from start to finish... Except for one trophy called "String it Together" which took me over 10 hours of replaying the same stage, but I'm sure those more skilled at platforming games could pull it off quicker. 

I put together a full Sackboy: A Big Adventure trophy guide and road map which should help anyone who is hoping to earn the platinum for themselves, I put as much detail in there as I could and included the footage of me finally accomplishing String it Together which will hopefully help you figure out a good route and get the hang of jump extensions. 

Best of luck to anybody who gives it a shot! At the very least you should experience the game, it looks stunning and is filled with charm. Certainly an IP I hope we'll see make a return.

May I ask - do both players in local co-op get the trophies? Going to start playing it with the wife, and know there are multiplayer trophies; would prefer not to have to play through the game twice...

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

May I ask - do both players in local co-op get the trophies? Going to start playing it with the wife, and know there are multiplayer trophies; would prefer not to have to play through the game twice...

Yeah, both players get the trophies! I did a bunch of trophies with my partner and they got single player and co-op trophies.

4 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

Yeah, both players get the trophies! I did a bunch of trophies with my partner and they got single player and co-op trophies.

Thanks. That’s great. So many games didn’t do this last gen (and none the gen before). I know the LBP games were one of the few that kind of did, but this being from a different team on a new platform I wasn’t sure.

out of interest, mainly for future co-op games, did it keep track of trophies earned by each individual player? - so single player trophies unlocked for the right player and not for everyone present irrespective of who performed the task

Edited by thefourfoldroot

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Thanks. That’s great. So many games didn’t do this last gen (and none the gen before). I know the LBP games were one of the few that kind of did, but this being from a different team on a new platform I wasn’t sure.

out of interest, mainly for future co-op games, did it keep track of trophies earned by each individual player? - so single player trophies unlocked for the right player and not for everyone present irrespective of who performed the task

It appeared so? My partner didn't get the Carry a friend and get a gold medal in a trial trophy.
All the story ones pop when you both finish the level. There aren't really any requirements that don't involve both of you. (except the outfits that is definitely tracked separately)

Though all of this is determined by the Developers, it was certainly possible the last generation to have the trophy unlock only for the user who completed the requirements.

6 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

It appeared so? My partner didn't get the Carry a friend and get a gold medal in a trial trophy.
All the story ones pop when you both finish the level. There aren't really any requirements that don't involve both of you. (except the outfits that is definitely tracked separately)

Though all of this is determined by the Developers, it was certainly possible the last generation to have the trophy unlock only for the user who completed the requirements.

Thanks for that. Good to hear. I know it was technically possible in past gens, but required workarounds (online servers usually being involved). Games like Resi5 were ruined on PS3/4 compared to 360.