Collection of info

VirtualNight

Its been some time since I played this game but I can share some strats for the missions I had more trouble with.

Campaign mission 16 (Alarm!):

First of all, if at any point you notice that the enemies destroyed the power-up machine, restart the mission.

When the mission starts get an air mine power-up, destroy the 3 allied balloons and kill your teammate (using the mines). After that, make a minefield, placing as many bombs as possible. You can do this for as long as necessary, as the enemies will only appear when you get close enough to the end of the level. However, as you progress through waves the enemies won't wait, so be quick to put bombs between one wave and another. In some waves you can place bombs where the enemies spawn, when one or two planes starts wandering midmap for example, so you practically deny the next wave. After some waves the game warns you about the bombers, as soon as you see it grab a rocket power-up, then fly very close but somewhat above and shoot, usually one shot is enough.

Air combat mission Human Shield:

Start flying low and destroying the enemy planes. Beware with the two fighters arriving at 1 min mark, as they'll most likely kill you spamming grenades. To avoid that do zigzags and try to get rid of them quickly. After that the game will spawn, among other planes, two more fighters, however this time they shot rockets, so make those planes your priority. For the last 30-20 secs just reach maximum height, turn upside down, accelerate and destroy the remaining planes at distance.

As for the Elusive Avenger mission I think sometimes you get a pattern where those searchlights are parallel which makes that section much easier because you can just fly through it using the clouds at the bottom of the screen.

Edited by VI_WI
  • Like 3