Trophy thoughts?

andropol

While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone by replaying the Quest from the Codex.

Source: https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-on-playstation-5

You can look at Alucrid’s profile, the only one on leaderboard at the moment of my typing this, to have an idea of what it means.

2 minutes ago, Cloud_2049 said:

Do any Free-To-Play games have a platinum?

I know some games that are now free-to-play have platinums like Destiny 2, but I don't think free-to-play games can have a plat.

Path of Exile

Switchblade

Operation7

Warface

Rogue Company

Paladins

Tera

Realm Royale

Etc.

Yes.

• Like 4

As a mastery rank 29 I have just loaded up the Ps5 version and realised that certain trophys are unobtainable so they will have to fix it somehow. For example the build a railjack trophy and ranking up factions in fortuna ect. You can't replay the quest to make another railjack or level up past max rank with factions hope they fix soon 

8 minutes ago, teething_korea said:

As a mastery rank 29 I have just loaded up the Ps5 version and realised that certain trophys are unobtainable so they will have to fix it somehow. For example the build a railjack trophy and ranking up factions in fortuna ect. You can't replay the quest to make another railjack or level up past max rank with factions hope they fix soon 

Wow that seems like a substantial oversight if true 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I think it's very cool to see the statistic visible that you have killed x of y enemies on the trophy discription. I hope that will be the standard for all ps5 games :) otherwise really looks like the copied the ps4 list completely.

Xbox has had this feature for awhile so its nice that PS5 finally has it as well

11 hours ago, Cloud_2049 said:

Do any Free-To-Play games have a platinum?

I know some games that are now free-to-play have platinums like Destiny 2, but I don't think free-to-play games can have a plat.

That was an old rule by Sony that has been abandoned since ages. Just like their 100% rule for smaller games unfortunately. Back on PS3 all these 5 minutes plats would have been 100% only. 

The first free2play games on PS4 couldn't have a plat. The devs from Blacklight Retribution confirmed that they weren't allowed to have one. But this must have changed quite fast. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96

Oooff, i would have loved to play this on Ps5 (once i can get one in 20 years), but completing this huge ass list AGAIN? Nit sure i wanna do that, depends if like some people say, the grind trophies get transfered at 99% but otherwise i'm not spending all this time again, some of these trophies are ridicoulus.

Plat would've been nice, but i dont really care.

4 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

That was an old rule by Sony that has been abandoned since ages. Just like their 100% rule for smaller games unfortunately. Back on PS3 all these 5 minutes plats would have been 100% only. 

The first free2play games on PS4 couldn't have a plat. The devs from Blacklight Retribution confirmed that they weren't allowed to have one. But this must have changed quite fast. 

It changed around 2015 - 2016. I wouldn’t be surprised if the change had something to do with Sony moving their headquarters to California.

The fastest platinums you could get were Japanese visual novels you had to pay a premium for on the PS Vita. Usually guaranteed a fast platinum within 30 - 60 minutes. 

Sony exclusives were more difficult. Killzone: Shadowfall and Knack both required multiple playthroughs and playing on a higher difficulty was required for platinum. 

Today they’re all 2 - 3 out of 10 in difficulty while you watch a boring collectibles guide from PowerPyx or PS5Trophies (aka Brian who has become more of a douchebag over the years). 

People today would shit their pants if they saw what trophy lists from the years 2008 - 2012 demanded.

• Like 4

This may have been answered somewhere before, if so i apologize, but im wondering if theres a way to play the PS4 version on PS5? There's no way in hell im doing these trophies again, i just need to finish the last 3 DLC's, but am wondering if i can finish these on PS5 without having the PS5 list added to my trophy collection? Otherwise i will need to plug my ps4 back in to complete it.

Berzerkgod313.png

• Like 1