Kishnabe

Sony temp banning users who buy Plus Collection from Sellers

69 posts in this topic

https://www.gamerbraves.com/psn-accounts-are-getting-banned-for-borrowing-ps5-access/

 

https://gamingph.com/2020/11/sony-allegedly-banned-players-who-claim-ps-plus-collection-from-another-persons-ps5/amp/

 

 

 

I think you are safe if you got it from a friend/family who didn't help 10+ people.

 

If you bought off Ebay, you might be getting a 2 month temp ban.

 

The sellers are getting Perma Banned.

 

 

 

Edited by Kishnabe
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats fucked, but I understand why they went so hard. People shouldn't profit from what's sony is giving away for free to PS5 owners.

 

This can also be a bit worrisome for those that have multiple region accounts for different store trophy stacks as we could be next...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Thats fucked, but I understand why they went so hard. People shouldn't profit from what's sony is giving away for free to PS5 owners.

 

This can also be a bit worrisome for those that have multiple region accounts for different store trophy stacks as we could be next...

 

Don't think they will come after Region Accounts. They can see that only one-two console ID per a platform is using it.

 

It would be a stupid move. Sony is getting money from region trophy stacks....would be against their best interests.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

It would be a stupid move. Sony is getting money from region trophy stacks....would be against their best interests.

 

They might also be losing money from people buying stuff from a cheaper region, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While creating a business out of it is distasteful, Sony only have themselves to blame. Hopefully Sony are doing it under the “not for commercial purposes” clause, and won’t, for example, ban a long time customer for letting his brother redeem said games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

Thats fucked, but I understand why they went so hard. People shouldn't profit from what's sony is giving away for free to PS5 owners.

 

This can also be a bit worrisome for those that have multiple region accounts for different store trophy stacks as we could be next...

I made a thread about people with multiple region accounts as to whether you can be banned for it. If Sony goes after people who've done that then it looks like I was right. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was doing reading into this and had no idea what the plus collection even was, considering the ps5 is that crap right now they have to give away free ps4 games but those who wanted them via buying are getting banned? 

 

Yeah nah that's total bullshit in all honesty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get it, why buy it if you dont have a Ps5. When you do get a Ps5 you will get access to the games. This is not a temporary thing. They have even said they will add more games later on. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

 

They might also be losing money from people buying stuff from a cheaper region, though.

 

Maybe, but its stuff people probably wouldn't buy at full price.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

I dont get it, why buy it if you dont have a Ps5. When you do get a Ps5 you will get access to the games. This is not a temporary thing. They have even said they will add more games later on. 

 

When you add those games to your library from a PS5, you can download the games on your ps4, so those people probably just want to access all those games now on their ps4, instead of waiting months (years ?) before they will get their own ps5 :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind this, I’m surprised they haven’t removed gamesharing completely. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh damn that's dumb by Sony, because than Sony should ban users that doing trophies for people for money on their accounts (which i do from time to time, not lying about this) and sell games on accounts that are delisted. I was actually gonna ask a close friend on PSN claim those games on my account. I guess i will change my mind now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I made a thread about people with multiple region accounts as to whether you can be banned for it. If Sony goes after people who've done that then it looks like I was right. 

 

Of course they can ban these accounts. I always wrote they don't do it now, but they will in 5, 10 or 20 years.

Edited by Sikutai
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the second article with an updated paragraph they say it's not because someone bought the ps+ collection many times but because there are 50 or more accounts on one console. I'm surprised it's that many i couldn't put more than 16 on my ps4. And it seems ok if you help a friend or two to get the collection, they talk about many more accounts being shared over the internet and some people really seem desperate to get those games even without a ps5 on their own so they pay someone and give away their login data?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

Reading the second article with an updated paragraph they say it's not because someone bought the ps+ collection many times but because there are 50 or more accounts on one console. I'm surprised it's that many i couldn't put more than 16 on my ps4. And it seems ok if you help a friend or two to get the collection, they talk about many more accounts being shared over the internet and some people really seem desperate to get those games even without a ps5 on their own so they pay someone and give away their login data?

 

I'm guessing the limit would still be 16, I've not tried that out yet, but after the account has been used on the PS5 you could delete the user that was associated with the account to make room for more accounts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Until Sony can give every country in the world their own option to sign up for PSN or use a PSN store, they shouldn't ban people for using multi-region accounts. On top of that, when a game is only released in 1 region and not others they shouldn't be surprised that people will circumvent this and buy the game by creating another account for that region. South Africa is the only African country that can sign up for PSN, do they expect the other 53 countries in Africa to go without PSN because of their TOS? These articles specify how people are selling the opportunity to redeem the PS+ collection games, of course that is an offense that warrants a ban and I guess it'd be suspicious when the same console logs into other people's accounts countless times and the only thing they do is redeem the PS+ collection, your console logs are sent to Sony for them to review and this would definitely be a red flag to them if they pay attention to your activity. I can say that it'd probably liberate me to be banned from PSN, I'd gladly move on and play PC games and sell all my systems if Sony decides to ban me after my years of using their platforms. They've been extremely anti-consumer recently from removing PS3 and vita from the web store on PSN to requiring you to own a PS5 to claim things from PS+, a lot of people who wanted a PS5 didn't have the time to pre-order it when they kept being sold out in seconds and websites that had more stock were crashing due to the high volume of visitors.

 

 

I wouldn’t expect Sony to have plans to stop account creation and use in different regions until they gave people the ability to change the region of their account. 
 

The world is a much smaller place these days, and people move to other countries often. You need the ability to be able to access different stores. My account is a UK account, but if I move to the USA, I would have to use a USA account to purchase dlc for any physical games I purchased. Same with purchasing any digital games since they don’t allow you to purchase games with a bank card from other regions.

 

So unless they want to prevent people from taking their accounts with them if they move country, I doubt anything will ever stop multi-region creation or sharing. Unless they finally add the ability to change your accounts region.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I wouldn’t expect Sony to have plans to stop account creation and use in different regions until they gave people the ability to change the region of their account. 

 

That's not going to happen. Apart from software licensing and legislation changing between every country, being able to edit your credentials like birthdate and country of origin is a free pass for identity theft and credit fraud.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

 

When you add those games to your library from a PS5, you can download the games on your ps4, so those people probably just want to access all those games now on their ps4, instead of waiting months (years ?) before they will get their own ps5 :) 

 

Aaaah, make sense, thanks :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if you read the article its not banning players for redeeming the ps plus collection without a PS5 in the hope of forcing people to buy a PS5. Sounds like its an automated process to stop hacking, what else is the system supposed to do when theres that many logins coming from the same machine?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I got Super worried until I saw the whole people are charging others to do this etc. I just had a friend of mine in the United States who luckily got his hands on a PS5 (lucky bastard 🤣) to Log In on my account (I'm in Australia) to redeem these games for me... To be fair as well at least half of these I already owned anyway from PS Plus over the Years and a few through purchase Digitally (and some Physically as well actually like Uncharted 4... Some even BOTH from PS Plus and Physically like The Last Guardian etc. etc.)

 

I agree with another comment (probably multiple) in here that say how it's BS we are paying the SAME AMOUNT for PS Plus yet we can't access these games as well, very unfair on Sony's part imo So I can't get these games unless I go pay some dude on Ebay like $1500+ for a PS5 huh Sony? Fuck you to the moon buddy 🖕 😂 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

 

Of course they can ban these accounts. I always wrote they don't do it now, but they will in 5, 10 or 20 years.

You are forgetting that people have the option to physically move between countries while there is no option to update the psn address. I used to live in the UK and moved to Brazil, I will not start a new acctg and loose all my trophies just because I moved, but I needed a BR account to buy new games. This is also very common in Europe since most countries allow freedom of movement and even the stores being in the same region, they have different rules and currency, like Germany banned games and UK GBP.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.