Sony temp banning users who buy Plus Collection from Sellers

Kishnabe

9 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

You are forgetting that people have the option to physically move between countries while there is no option to update the psn address. I used to live in the UK and moved to Brazil, I will not start a new acctg and loose all my trophies just because I moved, but I needed a BR account to buy new games. This is also very common in Europe since most countries allow freedom of movement and even the stores being in the same region, they have different rules and currency, like Germany banned games and UK GBP.

Yeah but you moving to Brazil from the UK is genuine whereas being in your own country and creating an account in another that you don't reside in isn't genuine. 

Because of that, I guess you are breaking the TOS. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

18 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Why?

people are either not understanding the ‘issue’ or they’re reading into the situation and creating situations which aren’t there.

If you have multiple region accounts, you most likely only have PS Plus on one of those accounts. You can only claim the games if you have a Plus account linked to a PS5. So, even if you have 8 accounts on your PS5, you’re only redeeming the Plus Collection once, on the account which has PS Plus. 

those being banned are people selling the collection by getting the buyers account logins and then signing in, redeeming the plus collection, then removing the account. In that instance, they’re giving the collection to multiple accounts on a single PS5 - very different to simply having multiple accounts on a PS5 which has the games redeemed on your main account.

in terms of stacks though, I don’t believe any of the games actually have multiple stacks based on regions, so why anyone would redeem on multiple accounts is a mystery as it wouldn’t benefit the user. If anything, it’ll confuse you based on how the PS5 UI is laid out as you’ll easily get confused what region they are if you own multiple of them.

For example: A game is banned in Germany, you create a foreign account to buy it. Or the countries lose taxes if you buy in another country. Or in america Nuditity in games is forbidden, so you create a german account to buy it.

It is only a matter of time until some states find out and increase the pressure on Sony to change something. Or in the name of safety and security and anti terrorism laws. A lot is possible. But as I said, this is future music, not the present.

Edited by Sikutai

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

For example: A game is banned in Germany, you create a foreign account to buy it. Or the countries lose taxes if you buy in another country. Or in america naked are forbidden, so you create a german account to buy it.

It is only a matter of time until some states find out and increase the pressure on sony to change something. Or in the name of safety and security and anti terrorism laws. A lot is possible. But as I said, this is future music, not the present.

I understand why people have multiple accounts - I have 9 - but not in the context of the ps plus collection and getting banned. 

those with multiple accounts will have PS Plus one one account, maybe two if they wanted the different Japanese free games (which aren’t really a thing anymore). So, only one account will redeem the collection, thus no ban as you’re doing nothing wrong. 

that’s what I was getting at, that the only people who should be worried are those selling access on eBay and logging in as a stranger to activate the games. Funny thing is, big websites actually told people to do this pre-PS5 launch. 

• Like 2

Just now, turniplord said:

that’s what I was getting at, that the only people who should be worried are those selling access on eBay and logging in as a stranger to activate the games. Funny thing is, big websites actually told people to do this pre-PS5 launch. 

Yeah, I know a relative big YouTuber who explained the method to get this PS PLus Collection Games without having a PS 5 very well a few days ago. Would Sony fight against Scalpers with the same energy I would have a PS 5 now.

Just now, Sikutai said:

For example: A game is banned in Germany, you create a foreign account to buy it. Or the countries lose taxes if you buy in another country. Or in america naked are forbidden, so you create a german account to buy it.

It is only a matter of time until some states find out and increase the pressure on sony to change something. Or in the name of safety and security. A lot is possible. But as I said, this is future music, not the present.

Buddy, most states can't even figure out or get to sorting out lootboxes let alone sex or violence when stuff four times more explicit is on prime time streaming services. The times when some 'Karen' got scared that her little Joey will become a serial killer because he played GTA III and half the world clickbait media picked up on it are finally gone... Correct me if I am wrong but even Germany is finally getting over the 'no blood' or swastikas in historical shooters being banned and allowed in 18+ games.

This is all getting more and more derailed, what happened here is just people massively and obviously exploiting some free titles on a new console that are getting banned. With reason.

I have the PS5 and have only downloaded Days Gone to replay - other games I simply have no interest in general, others I have played and replayed (GOW, U4, R&C...) And most can be found on sale digital or physical on ebay for sub $10 anyway if you had an itch to play.

No one mentioned anything about those buying titles from other stores. I myself have separate accounts where I have PS+ and where I buy stuff (for myself not for resale) and have several friends that do the same - in my case when I got the PS3 the Store wasn't even available in my country.

12 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I wouldn’t expect Sony to have plans to stop account creation and use in different regions until they gave people the ability to change the region of their account. 

The world is a much smaller place these days, and people move to other countries often. You need the ability to be able to access different stores. My account is a UK account, but if I move to the USA, I would have to use a USA account to purchase dlc for any physical games I purchased. Same with purchasing any digital games since they don’t allow you to purchase games with a bank card from other regions.

So unless they want to prevent people from taking their accounts with them if they move country, I doubt anything will ever stop multi-region creation or sharing. Unless they finally add the ability to change your accounts region.

I have two accounts as i moved from the UK to Australia. I just bit the bullet straight away rather than trying to continue on with my UK account. 
In fact I think I started it in a couple of months early when I knew I couldn’t move it over. 

Well I read that Sony bans people that log in 50+ accounts in the same IP console due to the PS5 recognize that as ''hacking''.
If ps4 users are getting ban because of someone who log in 10 or less accounts in the PS5, how the f Sony recognize the difference between who paid and who not.

1 hour ago, Adsor_ said:

If ps4 users are getting ban because of someone who log in 10 or less accounts in the PS5, how the f Sony recognize the difference between who paid and who not.

Only PS4 accounts associated with being part of the 50+ accounts have been affected. There were no verified reports of what you’re describing. 

19 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

You are forgetting that people have the option to physically move between countries while there is no option to update the psn address. I used to live in the UK and moved to Brazil, I will not start a new acctg and loose all my trophies just because I moved, but I needed a BR account to buy new games. This is also very common in Europe since most countries allow freedom of movement and even the stores being in the same region, they have different rules and currency, like Germany banned games and UK GBP.

Yep, say thank you to dogshit Sony online infrastructure. On Xbox you could change regions of your account starting from 360. Same with Steam on PC. Reason Sony doesn't allow it is their retarded system, where games have different Title IDs for each region. That's why DLC bought in PAL region won't work on NTSC version of the game. On Xbox and Steam all games are exactly the same, there is no difference between games in different regions at all. So on Xbox you can have Japanese disc version of the game, but it will still work with DLC bought in EU or US online Xbox Storefronts. And that's why you can change region on Xbox willy-nilly whenever you want in 15 seconds.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that this refers to people who have logged between 10-50 accounts to their PS5. (Because that would be suspicious activity and might actually find people who sold access) 

Maybe this will sound controversial but Sony will have trouble if it's any different from this: for weeks, video games news outlets (some even very popular) have shared the entire procedure on how to access PS Plus Collection without having a PS5 as if it were normal with no warning of there being consequences and Playstation (or Sony) NEVER once intervened to say "no, you can't".

6 minutes ago, HummelsSmythe said:

I sincerely hope that this refers to people who have logged between 10-50 accounts to their PS5. (Because that would be suspicious activity and might actually find people who sold access) 

Maybe this will sound controversial but Sony will have trouble if it's any different from this: for weeks, video games news outlets (some even very popular) have shared the entire procedure on how to access PS Plus Collection without having a PS5 as if it were normal with no warning of there being consequences and Playstation (or Sony) NEVER once intervened to say "no, you can't".

I find it funny that all of the outlets who have done this have now gone back and removed their articles and now have one telling you that if you do it then you'll be banned - acting as if it was other sites who told you how to do it.

I imagine the same will happen when Sony clamps down on the Xbox allowing you to emulate PS2 games as there's a lot of big sites out there showing you exactly how to do it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

I find it funny that all of the outlets who have done this have now gone back and removed their articles and now have one telling you that if you do it then you'll be banned - acting as if it was other sites who told you how to do it.

I imagine the same will happen when Sony clamps down on the Xbox allowing you to emulate PS2 games as there's a lot of big sites out there showing you exactly how to do it

Exactly. So this means even Sony itself wasn't clear on if it was okay to do it. Because news outlets thought it was and told you how to. This is why I think it's gonna be for the huge packs of log ins on the console, because otherwise, there's gonna be hell.

Just now, HummelsSmythe said:

Exactly. So this means even Sony itself wasn't clear on if it was okay to do it. Because news outlets thought it was and told you how to. This is why I think it's gonna be for the huge packs of log ins on the console, because otherwise, there's gonna be hell.

As I said previously, it doesn't matter about the logins. It only matters if you've redeemed the PS Plus collection a lot of times on the same console. If you have 10 accounts on your PS5, you've probably redeemed the collection once or twice, depending on how many accounts have PS Plus. The others are simply 'assessing' the games because they're on the same console as a primary account which redeemed them.

Sony knows how many times the collection was redeemed via the same console ID. Those are the ones affected. As such, people with multiple accounts are fine - they're being used as intended.

Those selling the collection are very easy to spot because they're not 'sharing' the collection, they're redeeming it many times - something nobody with multiple accounts would do as nobody will have 4-10 accounts on their PS5, all with PS Plus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HummelsSmythe said:

No, I don’t think this would work as a legal stance. Sony advertised if you bought a PS5 and you bought a Plus subscription you got the Games Collection. Sony was always really clear on the terms. 

Sony isn’t required to police the internet for people who give instructions (calling them news outlets is generous), they’re only required to make an effort to stop people from committing the acts.

No hell involved. You think all these freeloaders are going to mount a legal defense or something? Anyone who does this knows exactly what they’re doing and they’re trying to circumvent the requirements Sony advertised. Sony’s apparent policy of revoking the PS5 collection and giving a two month ban is more than fair and is only a slap on the wrist. Banning consoles with 50+ accounts redeeming the Plus Collection is also an appropriate response. 

51 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sony isn’t required to police the internet for people who give instructions (calling them news outlets is generous), they’re only required to make an effort to stop people from committing the acts.

I don't know about the other countries, but the sites I follow that posted the news with instructions on how to redeem the Collection without having a PS5 (I can link them) are the same that received PS5 ahead of release for press reviews and special so why would calling them "news outlets" be generous? It's what they actually are!

It's not "policing the internet". These are the websites supplied by them for press results...

4 minutes ago, HummelsSmythe said:

I don't know about the other countries, but the sites I follow that posted the news with instructions on how to redeem the Collection without having a PS5 (I can link them) are the same that received PS5 ahead of release for press reviews and special so why would calling them "news outlets" be generous? It's what they actually are!

It's not "policing the internet". These are the websites supplied by them for press results...

Those sites may have some "news", but news sites implies some journalistic integrity and explaining how to circumvent Sony's restrictions would never fly for an actual news outlet. Supplying reviewers a PS5 is hardly endorsing all the content they post.

Just now, DaivRules said:

Those sites may have some "news", but news sites implies some journalistic integrity and explaining how to circumvent Sony's restrictions would never fly for an actual news outlet. Supplying reviewers a PS5 is hardly endorsing all the content they post.

I agree that it has no integrity, but the major websites in Italy for gaming news posted it (and not as "we report some users figured" but as a "here's how to") and are now going back to delete it. Just like they are posting the PS2 games on Xbox Series S news and they're gonna delete it if something happens.

Even though it has no integrity, I cannot refer to them as anything other than news sites because they're the major websites. I think one of those is in the Game Awards jury so it's not like I can't consider them a journalistic website!