[Bug Warning] do not install patch 1.04!

Iksde

probably i'm late but i write this post to advise to not install patch 1.04, it have some bug fixies but added a major bug, many people with 1.04 can't manually save, fast travel and also automatic saves don't work anymore. I lost 2 hours of gameplay because i didn't notice it...

GG ubisoft...

tweet 1

tweet 2

tweet 3

and there are many others...

Edited by verorip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Is anyone else having problems with excess loading times after the patch? The main loading screen (like after a death or fast travel) always took a while but now there’s like mini loading screens between most activities that are taking an age too. 

i notice it only one time during a cutscene, but i thought it was a long load because the npc was bugged on top of a roof.

I am playing on PS4. I managed to fix this by checking my save files for the game. I had several manual saves and a lot of autosaves for some reason. I spend a few minutes to load every save, and I deleted those that did not work. Luckily, one of the save files worked. All-in-all, I lost about five hours. 

I asked my friends who are playing the game if they encountered this thing as well, but fortunately, their game is working fine. 

This was Pre-Patch but still persists ---- There is a bug in Essexe on the quest "Take Me A Husband", if the quest giver is talking to herself and no one else is there, don't talk to her. Reload the area. I spoke to her when she was alone and the quest started but I can't interact with anyone involved, therefore not being able to talk to the Red-Haired Man...

Edited by Valkraz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Viper said:

What console are you on? I'm on PS4 and none of what you listed affected me with 1.04. Maybe PS5 problems?

nope i'm on ps4 (pro)

6 hours ago, Iksde said:

I am playing on PS4. I managed to fix this by checking my save files for the game. I had several manual saves and a lot of autosaves for some reason. I spend a few minutes to load every save, and I deleted those that did not work. Luckily, one of the save files worked. All-in-all, I lost about five hours. 

I asked my friends who are playing the game if they encountered this thing as well, but fortunately, their game is working fine. 

i tried a save game 2 hours back, i can save and fast travel, but after fast travel i'm unable to save and travel again... I'll try with older saves

2 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I didn't experience any issues with saving, but the load times seemed stretch this time around. The developers seemed to be bothered to remove a feature that players discovered and had easier time to travel rather than focusing on actual issues in the game.

I've played my fair share of AC but this one tops it. They should hever have released the game is this state...Random crashes,random bugs. Not finsished AF!

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

No bugs here but the cloud save has disappeared. Gone completely.

It should still be there in your load list. But they removed it from the save list so you wouldn't accidentally overwrite it. 

1 hour ago, PRB1975 said:

The patch broke my quick saves and manual saves.  Also I cannot Fast Travel.  Is there any way to revert to previous version pre-patch ?

If you have the disc version, then you'll have to delete the game and reinstall it. When it starts installing the 1.04 patch, pause the download. If it's Digital then no...Digital versions are always patched to the latest version.

Edited by Viper

11 hours ago, PRB1975 said:

The patch broke my quick saves and manual saves.  Also I cannot Fast Travel.  Is there any way to revert to previous version pre-patch ?

Here you go:

But if you bought physical, then just reinstall the game and don’t update it.

Edited by Spaz

Seems like this is one of those games that should of just came out for new generation of consoles because fucking hell the amount of issues I've been seeing showing up from mostly last gen players is nuts. I've been playing on ps5 60 hours in now and haven't came across any bugs or even collectible glitch just a bit of jank with the npcs. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

50 hours in and I’m playing on PS5 and the patch hasn’t affected me in any negative way.

Aside from one quest where the npcs didn’t spawn, i just loaded a previous save from 5 minutes ago which did the trick but this was pre patch. 

Also in the new patch, what can be annoying is using heavy attack (R2) and not losing health when jumping off a great height has now been patched but that’s not really a bad thing I’d say but just getting down from these heights can take slightly longer is all

17 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

No bugs here but the cloud save has disappeared. Gone completely.

Yeah, and that's okay. It is in patch notes about cloud saves. It's gone frome save menu, but you should have it still in load menu.